Most Hated Club/Biggest Rivalry - Who Is It?

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton by the length of the straight. Grew up with Carlton supporter parents Ned had to live through the ignominy of 79 and 81 burned into me. Add the reminder of 70 constantly, by everyone and not just Carlton filth and that scars a person deeply.
Arrogant campaigners of Presidents and shit****edcampaigners of players

I'm surprised there isn't more hate for Brisbane, Geelong and West Coast, particularly amongst generation y and z supporters.

You have to go back to generation x to find supporters who have witnessed Collingwood and Carlton be relevant on the field at the same time, let alone seeing Carlton being relevant in general.

Arrogant campaigners of Presidents and shitfu**edcampaigners of players

I think you’re being too nice.

First day of a new year, and another chance to implement my annual NY resolution of continuing to hate Carlton. I hope they have another awful year (I fear they won’t).

I'm surprised there isn't more hate for Brisbane, Geelong and West Coast, particularly amongst generation y and z supporters.

You have to go back to generation x to find supporters who have witnessed Collingwood and Carlton be relevant on the field at the same time, let alone seeing Carlton being relevant in general.

I hear what you're saying, but the current generation still get to experience being near Carlton supporters when we play them, it's still a revolting experience after all these years.

I hear what you're saying, but the current generation still get to experience being near Carlton supporters when we play them, it's still a revolting experience after all these years.
I'm 27 and Carlton is and always will be the #1 enemy.

Our BIGGEST Rivalry?

In order I'd suggest its:
1: All 17 other AFL Clubs (and their supporters)
2: The media...they all earn their stripes potting the Pies.
3: The AFL...They'll never kill their cash cow, but they don't mind amputating important bits whenever we look like we might be going to get just a little too big for them.

Sometimes I've wondered if there's any Karma left in the world of Footy and then I just remember....its always just been "US against THEM"

Makes me love being a Pie even more. ;)

Which opposition team do you hate the most? Why do you hate them?

Essendon.

Story time:

I came to Australia in 2007 (I was 12) and was undecided about what team to follow. I ended up choosing the Pies. Loved the Black and White stripes.

I didn’t understand the traditional rivals and who I was meant to hate.

90% of my mates are / were Essendon supporters.

2019 Anzac Day David Zaharakis.

That’s being held against me for the last 13 years.

That’s my story.

Carlton - tanking, rorting, corporate toadies

Filthy, filthy campaigners

Horrible seeing that the worm has turned this season

May it rot

Edit: PigsArse was evil at a societal level - his corruption would have blighted the nation if he succeeded in becoming PM; died economically and morally bankrupt

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essenscum

3 reasons

1) Their supporters

2) Their supporters

3) Their supporters

The absolutely dead set whiniest, cockiest, most brain dead bunch of total w***ers you could ever conceive of. I have never, ever had a decent, intelligent football conversation of any type with a * supporter, they are all to a man or woman the football equivalent of QAnon adherents and the only cure for either is a flamethrower and a very long pair of tongs.

Carlton.

There is Evil and there is Good.
Before there was anything there was the void, darkness.
Then came light. Which filled the void and drove evil further into the darkness
Every other club is just a reflection of Collingwood, but Carlton are the darkness, evil incarnate.

That and they are cap rorting campaigners.

Carlton. Fu<k them. Why, grew up in the 90s.

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

Hard to choose between Essendon, Carlton or Richmond. Very hard
Agreed, but having grown up in Geelong on a diet of 3GL and Geelong advertiser bias and having seen first-hand the influence that that club has upon the community in oh so many negative ways Geelong top the heap by a significant margin.
I wish some intrepid non-biased journalist would examine Geelong's salary cap and whether certain businesses have non-productive employees on their books. I know it used to happen. I suspect that it still does.
I nearly puke whenever a commentator calls then a great club. They are parasites

Hard to choose between Essendon, Carlton or Richmond. Very hard
Personally it is these three. Which one I loath more changes depending on current circumstances. Bombers during height of Dank affair. Richmond more recently due to their success and arrogance. Unfortunately I think Carlton will be coming to the fore over the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Hated Club/Biggest Rivalry - Who Is It?

Back