MRP / Trib. MRP and Tribunal - 2024 - Rd 23 - The Derby Dustup

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw the Cameron tackle. Appears Duggan lost balance in the tackle?

Watching First Crack, and as Kingy says 'Who Knows?'

Which is a terrible state for the game to be in.
Shouldn’t matter.
Concussion has occurred with arms pinned in both incidents.
Both gone.
Or the AFL are taking the piss.

AFL video teaching players not to approach the ball head first like Jones did but to turn like Davies did.

All well and good that they posted that but they will turn around and say a player was concussed and you immediately look like a dick for saying they contributed to it.

AFL is contradictory so they release this saying to protect yourself but if someone is more stupid and leads head first then you have to let them go because they cant face the consequences of their actions.

There is no doubt now that the tackle is on its last legs in Australian Rules Football. I give it until 2030 before it's gone altogether. There is no argument here, both the Bedford and Cameron suspensions are a complete and utter joke.
Yeah, this is all about the AFL preventing itself getting sued later on and nothing more.

The game will end closer to Soccer in decades to come.

At what point is it reasonable to say that the AFL has done enough to reduce the incidents of CTE without completely compromising the fundamentals of a game that players willingly participate in?

Where does the slippery slope stop? Once you set a precedent that the outcome of a tackle is all that matters, the logical progression is an ever increasing stringency on tackles and what constitutes duty of care, that can only end in the abolishment of the tackle.

If that’s the AFL’s end goal, why not just say it? Do we have to have an infuriating 10 year weaning off process where they can just kill it by excruciating incremental interpretations by the tribunal system?

Sometimes shit just happens without someone being 100 percent financially/legally accountable.

I’m not necessarily saying that line has officially been crossed today with Cameron and especially Bedford, but if not now, when?

Last edited:
Yeah, this is all about the AFL preventing itself getting sued later on and nothing more.

The game will end closer to Soccer in decades to come.
Funny thing is that players being concussed is not what they are being sued for. They are being sued for not providing the right level of care according to research at the time.

The AFL can't ever be seen as the bad guy so instead of changing the culture and having the best rehab for players who are concussed they want to try and stop it at the source. The AFL like the CCP can't be seen to be the bad guys.

I reallly don't know anymore. Lara Kane has ****ed this game up beyond any other person prior. We've all complained in the past but this is the worst state of the game I've ever seen.

And she's solid on her stance for keeping the 'fairest' component for the Brownlow.

It's too easy to get rubbed out now, and it's 3-4 weeks.

Clubs should unite and demand Michael Christian stand down

Got no ********* idea Chrisso - and you're an ex player

Where is the logic that a blatant elbow is 1 week and two perfectly legal tackles that drew no free kick get 3?

The elbow should be 3 and the tackle a fine or 1 week at worst
I've always wanted to see clubs stand together and not lay a single tackle for the game in protest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reallly don't know anymore. Lara Kane has ****ed this game up beyond any other person prior. We've all complained in the past but this is the worst state of the game I've ever seen.

And she's solid on her stance for keeping the 'fairest' component for the Brownlow.

It's too easy to get rubbed out now, and it's 3-4 weeks.
AFL has been on this path for a while. It is not just Kane but those before her that has caused the rot and then abandoned ship once everyone else smelled it.

Could argue that it happened in 2016 or 2017 after the Bulldogs and Richmond flags got a heap of eyes on the game.

With only passing comments from Champion Data you could say it started with the 6-6-6 because they didn't like the Tiger's game style.

Richmond supporters will say that it started really with the Stand rule after Hocking saw how we trained and didn't like that we put an emphasis on that particular skill of the game.

Either way, the AFL is the part of their cycle where they believe that it will continue to grow for ever. The folly is that it is in for a harsh awakening when some of the younger generations grow up apathetic to sport or following soccer more.

1721037888863.png

I said this before as a biased swans fan. Rub Heeney out and we are on a slippery slope to ongoing rule tampering to protect future CTE claims, making the game almost unwatchable. Rugby Union is a case in point - so many rules, no forceful contact, boring as with plummeting levels of viewership and participation.

I am looking forward to many more suspensions this year triggering outrage so we can finally fix this farce of a process.

I like fast players.

lot of bizarre posts itt insinuating that this act makes cameron someone of poor character / not a good bloke.

in what ways do an act without any malice / intent to hurt go to his character?

very disappointing, especially coming off NAIDOC week.
not saying he isn't a "good bloke", but isn't Heeney?

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. MRP and Tribunal - 2024 - Rd 23 - The Derby Dustup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back