MRP / Trib. MRP and Tribunal - 2024 - Finals Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Why can't GWS lawyer just repeat what was said in Cameron's defense?

Only guideline considered, overlooked whether the action / conduct is likely to cause injury.

Bedford is like a 101 tackle they'll see countless times in a weekend. Too bad Taranto's head got hit on the ground but that's not the likely outcome every single time.

fair argument to say no tackle nor arm swing during a grapple can be suspendable then?

Cameron and Bedford got off and the AFL can rest easy for this week until they sort out what game it is they are playing?
They have been caught short before they got to the dunny and crapped themselves over this. The fabric of the game was at stake here and the AFL tribunal has embarrassed itself once again.

Ok Charlie gets off. That’s fair, there’s an argument to be made that his conduct wasn’t unreasonable.

But how do you let a guy off, because “the tribunal didn’t consider whether his actions were likely to cause injury”, when they did cause injury? They don’t need to consider the likelihood, when we know it 100% did.

How does that not apply to Heeney last week then? Heeney grappled with a defender like happens I’d estimate over 1000 times a round. Think if you have 100 inside 50s a game, a forward has pushed off a defender at least once each inside 50. So we have ONE injury from the action performed by Heeney out of say 1000. Is that not unlikely?

Just because an event occurs doesn’t mean it was likely to occur. Judge the action, not the outcome.

Maliciously slinging someone into the fence and not injuring them should be reportable, whereas a perfect tackle that results in a concussion should not.

Not sure if Heeney could’ve argued similar - ultimately he intentionally swung his arm in a space where his opponents head could reasonably be expected to be. Really unlucky. I was a bit torn between 0 and 1 weeks (2 would’ve been nice, though… 😉).

So the 33 players last year and the 11 players this year that have been suspended for dangerous tackles would be pretty pissed off right now.

If you want others to suffer because "I suffered and I turned out alright"… you did not in fact turn out all right.

Maybe rather than being bitter, they’re happy to see the fabric of the game being repaired.

Of those 33, many of them would have been likely to cause injury anyway, and were adjudicated correctly. Not all, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok Charlie gets off. That’s fair, there’s an argument to be made that his conduct wasn’t unreasonable.

But how do you let a guy off, because “the tribunal didn’t consider whether his actions were likely to cause injury”, when they did cause injury? They don’t need to consider the likelihood, when we know it 100% did.

How does that not apply to Heeney last week then? Heeney grappled with a defender like happens I’d estimate over 1000 times a round. Think if you have 100 inside 50s a game, a forward has pushed off a defender at least once each inside 50. So we have ONE injury from the action performed by Heeney out of say 1000. Is that not unlikely?
For a tackle to be a suspendable offence, it needs to be likely to cause an injury.

A strike is always a suspendable offence, so there was no need for them to comment on the strikes potential to cause injury. So no chance for Sydney's lawyer to use this loophole.

Should St Kilda be appealing more often? we have had a lot of players rubbed out for just playing the game.

Probably not this week. Wait until you get your homophobia problem under control.

Just got home from training, Cameron and Bedford got off on legal technicalities?

Does this mean Lions supporters are going to stop whinging about Cripps winning the Brownlow after getting off doing the same?

No chance we could find a loophole to get him out of those 6 weeks? we don't have great lawyers but might be worth a shot.
Where there is a Winneke (Brisbane Lawyer), there is a way !

Sign him up for your mob too !

VFL HQ’s Kane merely cosplaying at competence and integrity.

Her MRO/MRP is killing the game.

View attachment 2051519

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
To be fair the MRO and the whole process has been a complete shitshow for over 3 years now. Its not just her mess from this year. The whole system needs an overhaul

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. MRP and Tribunal - 2024 - Finals Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back