MRP / Trib. MRP and Tribunal - 2024 - Rd 23 - The Derby Dustup

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone is concussed now, you fall over and the doctor will say your concussed. All butt covering.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

IMG_0847.jpeg

I’m sorry what?

So Davies used the correct technique that was in the training video, which the Tribunal agreed was the correct method. But then says that the player should not use the correct technique that they’ve been taught to use if the other player doesn’t use the right technique?

That’s actually laughable as an explanation.

Daicos should be scrutinised for every single action he does from now. Have the microscope on him for every single tackle he makes. Hold the AFL accountable and see if they stick to their guns. The backlash and fallout from one of their star players like Nick Daicos being rubbed out for a regulation tackle would be interesting to say the least.

Don’t have to go far back. Sept 2023. At the risk of going Facebook, Like if you think this is worse than the Bedford tackle.

Exhibit A

https://www.afl.com.au/video/103822...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1695384602001

View attachment 2050291

I’m sorry what?

So Davies used the correct technique that was in the training video, which the Tribunal agreed was the correct method. But then says that the player should not use the correct technique that they’ve been taught to use if the other player doesn’t use the right technique?

Go have a look at what Danger did on Friday night at 18.35 left in the 2nd quarter. Try and tell me there is much difference between that and the Davies one

What craziness.
Something i’ve wondered before is whether we’ll ever see a player suspended for a collision with a teammate that results in concussion. It’s clear that whether there is intent of malice is not relevant and that it’s the failure to exercise duty of care that matters.
Surely this means a careless act that hurts a teammate is problematic.
The collision on Friday night between Tom Stewart and (i think) Close comes to mind. Put one of those two in a Collingwood jumper and does that get looked at?

This game is almost at the point where it can go **** itself.

I understand protecting the head. But you can't be putting players out for 1/8th of the season for a complete accident where they really didn't do anything wrong, just because you want to send a message.

What craziness.
Something i’ve wondered before is whether we’ll ever see a player suspended for a collision with a teammate that results in concussion. It’s clear that whether there is intent of malice is not relevant and that it’s the failure to exercise duty of care that matters.
Surely this means a careless act that hurts a teammate is problematic.
The collision on Friday night between Tom Stewart and (i think) Close comes to mind. Put one of those two in a Collingwood jumper and does that get looked at?

Probably not a suspension but potentially a lawsuit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe that more fans are not up in arms over these ridiculous suspensions. This is boycott the sport type of suspensions.
Just shows how little the fans care about the sport these days.

I have not watched many games this season.

Just watch the mini highlights on Kayo if it's a good match up and my life has been better for it.

View attachment 2050291

I’m sorry what?

Port Adelaide's council, and Gold Coast's council both argued to the tribunal that the contact was reasonable and didn't constitute a reportable offence.

The council AGREED that it was the correct technique to collect a ground ball (which it was) based on video footage the AFL has approved.

He DIDN'T elect to bump, nor did he tackle.

Jones DIDN'T use the correct technique to collect a ground ball.

and yet the ban is still upheld.

Genuinely ridiculous.

View attachment 2050291

I’m sorry what?

So roughly translated.

"You did the right thing, but doing the right thing was actually the wrong thing to do"

.....Got it.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. MRP and Tribunal - 2024 - Rd 23 - The Derby Dustup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back