MRP / Trib. MRP and Tribunal - 2024 - Rd 23 - The Derby Dustup

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t keep a good bloke down.

Toby Bedford, we’re not leaving without you buddy. We’re gunna get you out of here.

We did it

Surely the AFL is thinking about tearing up the rule book and writing from scratch.

How about just get a Tribunal capable of considering all the correct questions and announcing their thoughts.

Deciding whether a tackle is rough conduct or not may be difficult. Figuring out the right things to be considered to arrive at that decision is EASY.

So this is laughable.

Well what a cluster**** of a system! End results feel right, but boy, the way of arriving at it was entertaining.

That's the way the AFL like it, they drag the drama out all week to get people frothing and then it ends up all being for nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok Charlie gets off. That’s fair, there’s an argument to be made that his conduct wasn’t unreasonable.

But how do you let a guy off, because “the tribunal didn’t consider whether his actions were likely to cause injury”, when they did cause injury? They don’t need to consider the likelihood, when we know it 100% did.

How does that not apply to Heeney last week then? Heeney grappled with a defender like happens I’d estimate over 1000 times a round. Think if you have 100 inside 50s a game, a forward has pushed off a defender at least once each inside 50. So we have ONE injury from the action performed by Heeney out of say 1000. Is that not unlikely?
Again, something happening one time does not make it a likely outcome.

What an absolute farce. How incompetent is the tribunal? That’s three times now (including the Cripps case) they have stuffed up ‘points of law’. Are they really such idiots?

If I didn’t know better I’d say because of all the backlash this week, the AFL looked for a loophole and found one.

And can people stop saying they were perfect tackles because they weren’t. Someone was concussed in both cases and will miss at least one game. In a perfect tackle, no one is hurt. That’s not to say either was intentional.

What an absolute farce. How incompetent is the tribunal? That’s three times now (including the Cripps case) they have stuffed up ‘points of law’. Are they really such idiots?

If I didn’t know better I’d say because of all the backlash this week, the AFL looked for a loophole and found one.

And can people stop saying they were perfect tackles because they weren’t. Someone was concussed in both cases and will miss at least one game. In a perfect tackle, no one is hurt. That’s not to say either was intentional.
Dermott Brereton said Bedford laid the perfect tackle smh

Dillon & Kane should resign immediately. The mistake Gil made here was when looking to promote someone to take over his job, he made the cardinal sin that higher-ups so often do, they tend to pick their best employees, i.e the ones who are great at their current job, instead of trying to figure out which employee would be the best at the job they'd be promoted to. Kane was just hired to tick the diversity box and is out of her depth, Dillon was probably very good at the job he was doing, but not the top job. The AFL has a huge problem and it's not just trying to figure out what the AFL stands for in 2024, they want a perfect world and AFL football is far from perfect, it never has been. It's been a wild ride for over 150 years and nobody has ever really understood the rules. What Dillon & Kane are doing is perplexing and it simply won't work.

Dillon & Kane should resign immediately. The mistake Gil made here was when looking to promote someone to take over his job, he made the cardinal sin that higher-ups so often do, they tend to pick their best employees, i.e the ones who are great at their current job, instead of trying to figure out which employee would be the best at the job they'd be promoted to. Kane was just hired to tick the diversity box and is out of her depth, Dillon was probably very good at the job he was doing, but not the top job. The AFL has a huge problem and it's not just trying to figure out what the AFL stands for in 2024, they want a perfect world and AFL football is far from perfect, it never has been. It's been a wild ride for over 150 years and nobody has ever really understood the rules. What Dillon & Kane are doing is perplexing and it simply won't work.
Kane isn't on the tribunal panel so not sure she did anything wrong.

Making Charlie rightly getting off even better is all the snooty nosed little sooks in here stamping their feet because ‘it’s not fair’ or using the ‘good bloke’ thing like it hasn’t been used 10 thousand times this week.

I don't know if it's consistent with other results, but I'm glad Cameron got off. It didn't feel like a punishable offence to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. MRP and Tribunal - 2024 - Rd 23 - The Derby Dustup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back