MRP / Trib. MRP and Tribunal - 2024 - Finals Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

The dropping an elbow to guthries head is a poor act - deserved a week to stop the behind play niggle
Agree. No harm done to Zuthrie and it makes no difference to me if Banfield is suspended or not. But if he can get away with a "dog-act" caught on camera with just a paltry fine, what message does that send out? The AFL condones dog acts if no harm is done?

Just saw the Sam Wicks footage that got him banned for 4 games.
A bit rough.
To me it looks like the player he concussed was already concussed from the head collision with the other swans player.
Even the tackle wasn't that bad as they just collapsed in front of him and he had to fall over the top. What else could he do? Evaporate into thin air?
The only thing that makes it look anything remotely bad is his arm around the player.

Pretty harsh In my opinion anyway.

Just saw the Sam Wicks footage that got him banned for 4 games.
A bit rough.
To me it looks like the player he concussed was already concussed from the head collision with the other swans player.
Even the tackle wasn't that bad as they just collapsed in front of him and he had to fall over the top. What else could he do? Evaporate into thin air?
The only thing that makes it look anything remotely bad is his arm around the player.

Pretty harsh In my opinion anyway.
Michael Christian and sanctioning players from a team playing Collingwood.

Name a more iconic duo...

Edit: Oh never mind, it's VFL. Even more of a crapshoot.

Last edited:
1723582818824.png

The AFL advises the Tribunal will sit tonight, Tuesday August 13, after Taylor Duryea, Western Bulldogs and Jye Caldwell, Essendon have challenged their sanctions via a written submission with the outcome to be communicated, Wednesday August 14.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The GIANTS will challenge defender Lachie Ash's one-match suspension for rough conduct at the AFL tribunal.

Ash was charged with rough conduct for his tackle on Docker Hayden Young in the second quarter of the GIANTS' win on Saturday afternoon.

The incident has been graded as careless conduct, medium impact and high contact, with Ash offered a one-match suspension.

The GIANTS have confirmed they will challenge the suspension a the AFL tribunal on Tuesday night.

The GIANTS’ win over the the Dockers saw the GIANTS secure a finals berth and a top-four spot ahead of the final game of the home and away season.

The GIANTS take on the Western Bulldogs at Mars Stadium in Ballarat on Sunday at 12:30pm.

The AFL advises the Tribunal will sit tonight, Tuesday August 20, to determine the incident involving Lachlan Ash, GWS GIANTS and Daniel Houston, Port Adelaide.

All players accepted their sanctions for the Match Review of Round 23 of the 2024 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.

AFL Tribunal, Tuesday 20 August 4:00pm AEST:

The incident involving GWS GIANTS Lachlan Ash and Fremantle's Hayden Young during the Second Quarter of the Round 23 match between GWS GIANTS and Fremantle will be determined at the Tribunal.

AFL Tribunal, Tuesday 20 August 6:30pm AEST:

The incident involving Port Adelaide's Daniel Houston and Adelaide Crows Izak Rankine during the First Quarter of the Round 23 match between Port Adelaide and Adelaide Crows will be determined at the Tribunal.

1724134155179.png

AFL Appeal Board Hearing, 6:00pm AEST Thursday August 22, 2024.

Port Adelaide have appealed the five-game suspension imposed on Daniel Houston for his incident on Izak Rankine from the Adelaide Crows during the First Quarter of the Round 23 match between Port Adelaide and Adelaide Crows.

Liam Jones not too different from Lachie Ash.

So a week for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. MRP and Tribunal - 2024 - Finals Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back