List Mgmt. MSD Watch 2023 [NMFC select Robert Hansen Jnr with #2 in 2023 MSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

I get that, but then why not just take on a mature ruck for 6 months and pick up a project ruck in the main draft. A development ruck is horrible cover for short term needs.
Nah who cares about this season and short term needs. Play Kayne Turner or Pheonix Spicer in the ruck for all I care, we should be looking to the future but if they can play a role now even better.

Nah who cares about this season and short term needs. Play Kayne Turner or Pheonix Spicer in the ruck for all I care, we should be looking to the future but if they can play a role now even better.
For the reasons others have stated above. Comben, Xerri and Free are all injured. The articles are suggesting we need ruck cover and then linking a development player.

Personally, I just want an alignment/logical consistency in who they are linking to us. Either say we are going for the future or immediate needs and pick accordingly.

For the reasons others have stated above. Comben, Xerri and Free are all injured. The articles are suggesting we need ruck cover and then linking a development player.

Personally, I just want an alignment/logical consistency in who they are linking to us. Either say we are going for the future or immediate needs and pick accordingly.
Yeah, l'm not too fussed, we've been saying we're screwed if Goldy gets injured for years now, he just keeps going. I'd be worried if we were challenging or the difference between making finals or not. We'll make do, X can't be all that far away, they talking about Comben being back by years end as well, CCJ going alright. VFL can scrape something together. Just take a player that we think can develop and play a role.

I suggest some of you watch some of this game, you will get a good idea of Tucker.

He’s a massive kid, with good mobility, good below his knees and strong hands.

There’s definitely a lot to work with there

Reminds me quite a bit of Oscar McInerney.

Can’t say I’m enthused by Tucker’s links to us. We do need a project ruck, but rather we have a crack at someone else.

I like Declase, Teal, Casalini (192cm type in the Johnson from Pies mould) and even Hansen as a prospective electric small forward type.

With you on this K4e. The structural need is there, especially as seems like Edwards hasn't grabbed his opportunity, but I'd love to grab someone who can football.

I still hope we take Teal as he has the most potential to be a long term player.

Come year end happy to rookie the two best state league players available or the two that give us depth in areas we are light on

Looking at Luke Teal, whose highlights gr has posted twice, without prompting, he seems like a great proposition. Solid mark, seems to get in good positions and, what impresses me most is how well and quickly he distributes the ball, by hand and by foot, at least in the video above. I can see him fitting into the game plan pretty well.

We just need to try not be fancy with our selections.
What's the 'no brainer', 'not trying to hard' choice or choices for you?

I’m generally of the opinion that the teams in the middle of the MSD tend to get the better players because, instead of picking players due to FOMO or because they are good prospects, they pick players who fit their team and how they want to play.
Better teams can also afford to go short-term for needs where the bottom teams can’t.

Mind you, isn’t that meant to be the point of the MSD? You grab someone on a short deal because mid season you have an urgent need? Otherwise it’s rifling through the bargain bin of players who were passed over in the national main and rookie drafts so you’d expect a lowish strike rate.

Better teams can also afford to go short-term for needs where the bottom teams can’t.

Mind you, isn’t that meant to be the point of the MSD? You grab someone on a short deal because mid season you have an urgent need? Otherwise it’s rifling through the bargain bin of players who were passed over in the national main and rookie drafts so you’d expect a lowish strike rate.
Yeah agree with that but the players that have come in are early 20s that are potentially going to be around for a decade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Buller and Ryan just don’t have the mobility or the contested marking to be 30+ goal a year forward at AFL level imo. Buller still has a bit of upside with his age though. I’d pass on both of them.

Probably similar things said about Mihocek before all the drafts he missed, not sure how many goals he has kicked each year but gee he has been great value.

Probably similar things said about Mihocek before all the drafts he missed, not sure how many goals he has kicked each year but gee he has been great value.

I wanted to pick him up in his draft year 4 Years before he made it onto an AFL list, but that was when he was playing as a key defender. He had huge work rate and strong hands.

We also had a good look at him because at one stage he was playing with Werribee when we were affiliated.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. MSD Watch 2023 [NMFC select Robert Hansen Jnr with #2 in 2023 MSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back