Murray FL 2013/14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a mother of a 19 year old MFL player watching the debacle re nick Howe I'd say it trashes any gain made by the win.
But as PDFNL loyal I think it's funny always said your league administration was a joke yay seems I'm right!! :D
IMO the league has been totally negligent in its duty of care to nick. At the time other players were withdrawing he still made himself available but informed Beattie about his commitments being university and wouldn't be able to attend training. Now if that was to be deemed unsatisfactory and punishable by suspension by the league Beattie should have told him then and there at which time Howe could have done what others did and withdrew without punishment.
Great way to look after a young bloke who has represented your league on five occasions???
If the MFL want interleague taken seriously they should lead by example and ensure they communicate effectively in the interest of their clubs and players. Especially given this is apparently the first year of being more demanding and serious about interleague.
Please no one say he should have put training above his university commitments. That is his choice to make and Beattie should have made it clear to Howe what would happen. Bear in mind Howe is captain of rams and would never risk being suspended and not playing if all the information had been given to him.
Mostly I feel disappointed for a rippa of a young bloke to have his good name put through this and why because he wanted to represent his league not just pull out like others...

Here is another fact . Nick was going to try to make the final training night if he was in the side. A team was posted before the final training and his name was not on it, so naturaly, he assumed he wasnt picked, and would not be required at training. Apparently his name was supposed to be included but wasnt.( Isnt that right Dale Norman ?). So he was expected to be psychic as well ! None of this apparently was worth considering by the tribunal. Also you would have thought the two MFL coaches would have the decency to attend the tribunal hearing. I guess its more about the power not about accountability !
Anyway the young bloke now knows that people in high places dont necessarily possess the integrity their position requires. A good lesson learnt.

what an absolute joke the murray league is Surely beattie or adie daly would have the balls to stand up for these players in that howe has made contact with either one of them and told them his circumstances but maybe the idiots at the league blocked them????? I hope deni and tongala go further to the vcfl as murray cannot say there is no further appeals

what an absolute joke the murray league is Surely beattie or adie daly would have the balls to stand up for these players in that howe has made contact with either one of them and told them his circumstances but maybe the idiots at the league blocked them????? I hope deni and tongala go further to the vcfl as murray cannot say there is no further appeals

don't think they can appeal any further
from what I can gather from the articles in shepp news, deni and riv herald, the four players were suspended for not contacting the coaches in the time specified by the league's policy

the players when first selected have a week to decide if they want in or out I believe howe contacted a coach and said he was keen to play but as studying in wagga could not attend training but if selected was available to play and this was done in first week bongeti in melb no training with squad and made himself available so whats the difference I believe the tonny boys the same but two sets of rules I think

the players when first selected have a week to decide if they want in or out I believe howe contacted a coach and said he was keen to play but as studying in wagga could not attend training but if selected was available to play and this was done in first week bongeti in melb no training with squad and made himself available so whats the difference I believe the tonny boys the same but two sets of rules I think

The Murray League has two sets of rules ! :rolleyes: Surely not !
Maybe the lack of interest in real footy issues on here , is a sign of a loss of interest in the Murray League .

Just reading the local paper and Dale Norman admits to there being communication issues around interleague..... You don't say!!! :rolleyes: So the league are consequently going to look at improving the process for future years with communication especially important!! As I said before here we have league admin demanding interleague be taken seriously by clubs and players making a policy setting harsh penalties but then didn't go the hard yards themselves and ensure communication was if anything overdone!
We still have a young man who has represented the league 5 times, including the Mildura fiasco that started this, to serve a two match suspension that is so unfair. Surely this player could have at the very least been given a suspended sentence due to his good record.
Speaking of fair Norman says "the policy as been made fairly clear to clubs"... When you are hitting players with two match suspensions "fairly clear" doesn't seem to cut it in my opinion.

Can anyone inform me where sam Lloyd is playing? I seen a S Lloyd kicked 7 for Frankston last weekend. Great effort if that is sam.

Can anyone inform me where sam Lloyd is playing? I seen a S Lloyd kicked 7 for Frankston last weekend. Great effort if that is sam.

Yes souts its sam. He played last year for Mt Eliza and the Bendigo Bombers ( essendons affilliate), and went really well at both. He was advised to play for Frankston so Essendon could keep an eye on him (through Simon Goosey), so far he has proved he isn't out of his depth there and lets hope he has a few more games like last week . Go Pizzle !

not sure if im late on this but have heard damian cupido has signed at rumbalara next year and have also heard tim little may be in line to coach them next year?????

not sure if im late on this but have heard damian cupido has signed at rumbalara next year and have also heard tim little may be in line to coach them next year?????

With Cupido you will never know where he will end up until he runs out in the first round. He "signed" with a number of clubs this pre season only to finally end up with Ouyen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing Cupido has signed to coach next year..
Don't get to excited,,, does this every year, will go where the biggest bucks are, makes a verbal commitment , asks for a sign on fee upfront,and shops around to get the best deal. Can imagine what Ouyen is paying him this season , but just not worth the sort of dollars commanded.Has become a nomad, with no loyalty whatsoever to a club. Sad, as he is a very good footballer,

Don't get to excited,,, does this every year, will go where the biggest bucks are, makes a verbal commitment , asks for a sign on fee upfront,and shops around to get the best deal. Can imagine what Ouyen is paying him this season , but just not worth the sort of dollars commanded.Has become a nomad, with no loyalty whatsoever to a club. Sad, as he is a very good footballer,

Yes the reports to date are true. Damian Cupido has signed on with Rumbalara for next year as its senior coach.
His appointment has created a buzz and so far his enthusiasm and work he's done behind the scenes in preparing for next year has been excellent. All his action indicate he's committed and i've got no reason to suspect otherwise. Rumba has made a point of keeping it's local talent for next year and beyond by signing (so far) 80% of it's current list and or getting commitments from new recruits.

As footballing clubs we've all been here before but, and anything could happen between now and the start of next season. But People's circumstances will dictate everything, not how much they get paid, which is good because for a change as the "carrot" isn't a dollar figure but the chance of success. So although things "might" change between now and then, Rumba has started putting together the puzzle for next year early and it can only be for their benafit.

Moving on though, looking at how the finals are shaping up from the outside, it's normally around this time we (MFL Forum) have a geuss at the big questions come seasons end.

Who'll play off in the granny ?
Who'll win league BnF ?
Who'll be premiers ?

I think
1- Cobram vs Echuca United
2 - I'll go way out on a limb and say Bongetti, Finley
3- Cobram........in a big upset

Yes the reports to date are true. Damian Cupido has signed on with Rumbalara for next year as its senior coach.
His appointment has created a buzz and so far his enthusiasm and work he's done behind the scenes in preparing for next year has been excellent. All his action indicate he's committed and i've got no reason to suspect otherwise. Rumba has made a point of keeping it's local talent for next year and beyond by signing (so far) 80% of it's current list and or getting commitments from new recruits.

As footballing clubs we've all been here before but, and anything could happen between now and the start of next season. But People's circumstances will dictate everything, not how much they get paid, which is good because for a change as the "carrot" isn't a dollar figure but the chance of success. So although things "might" change between now and then, Rumba has started putting together the puzzle for next year early and it can only be for their benafit.

Moving on though, looking at how the finals are shaping up from the outside, it's normally around this time we (MFL Forum) have a geuss at the big questions come seasons end.

Who'll play off in the granny ?
Who'll win league BnF ?
Who'll be premiers ?

I think
1- Cobram vs Echuca United
2 - I'll go way out on a limb and say Bongetti, Finley
3- Cobram........in a big upset

I am sure his current club is really pleased with all this work he is putting in at Rumba rather than focussing on playing the season out for them.

I sincerely hope it all works out for him and Rumba. I have a bit of a soft spot for the club after my cousin coached them previously. I just know that his recent history of committing to clubs and then changing his mind would be a worry for me

What happened in the Finley v borooga game?

heard secondhand that game was called off after half time when a barooga player sustained what was thought to be a serious neck injury. have heard since that he is ok . i hope that is the case. also heard that another player player may have broken a leg, which would have made it a terrible day at the footy. can anyone confirm if this is the case. ?

With Tocumwal leaving the Murray League (it's not 100 % done I know, but you would think that they will be in the Picola North West in 2014), where would the Preliminary Final and Grand Final be played from 2014 ?.

I've umpired at Tocumwal twice this season, and it's a fantastic set up they have there and I can see why they get the Grand Final with the two rooms at either wing, and plenty of facilities to cater for a big crowd, so what do you think will happen now you no longer have Tocumwal as a MFL venue ?.

You could do what the Kyabram League had done and host it there anyway with Tocumwal running it (or have a few MFL clubs run the day, and give Tocumwal a cut of the gate for hosting the game there), or is there any other ground that would make a good Grand Final Venue in the Murray League.

Cobram ?, Barooga ?, it would have to be central to all the clubs you would think, otherwise you end up like the Picola League and have Grand Finals in places that make no sense (Rennie & Deniliquin)

With Tocumwal leaving the Murray League (it's not 100 % done I know, but you would think that they will be in the Picola North West in 2014), where would the Preliminary Final and Grand Final be played from 2014 ?.

I've umpired at Tocumwal twice this season, and it's a fantastic set up they have there and I can see why they get the Grand Final with the two rooms at either wing, and plenty of facilities to cater for a big crowd, so what do you think will happen now you no longer have Tocumwal as a MFL venue ?.

You could do what the Kyabram League had done and host it there anyway with Tocumwal running it (or have a few MFL clubs run the day, and give Tocumwal a cut of the gate for hosting the game there), or is there any other ground that would make a good Grand Final Venue in the Murray League.

Cobram ?, Barooga ?, it would have to be central to all the clubs you would think, otherwise you end up like the Picola League and have Grand Finals in places that make no sense (Rennie & Deniliquin)

?????

Those places aren't in central locations, Rennie and Deniliquin are at the northern edges in their respective leagues, and as a result the crowd would be lower than if it was hosted at a place that's within easy access to all clubs, that was my point.

To cut a long story short, where will the Grand Final in the MFL be played next season now that Tocumwal's gone ?

Those places aren't in central locations, Rennie and Deniliquin are at the northern edges in their respective leagues, and as a result the crowd would be lower than if it was hosted at a place that's within easy access to all clubs, that was my point.

To cut a long story short, where will the Grand Final in the MFL be played next season now that Tocumwal's gone ?

Why not play it at Deakin in Shepp??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back