Murray Football League (Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
based on what I seen about 2 seasons ago, Doug Mclean played mostly CHF for turvey park. young, moves well and is fit, prety good overhead mark. quite tall, but maybe a little understrengthed to play CHF in MFL, maybe more suited to a flank in this league. I think he is originally from finley area and moved to wagga for studies. top bloke and will be a handy pick-up.

The Mulwala Football Club has itself well poised for season 2010 following the official appointment of ten new senior players. And eight of the Lions recruits are former Mulwala players, currently living in Yarrawonga and Mulwala. “

Hank,

I am not sure if it has been said on this forum, but congratulations on your coaching of Tongala over the last few years. It has been a great effort to develop a side that was down the bottom for so long, into a contender. Also well done on staying to support the side this year as a player and hopefully as captain.

By your work on Big footy, and involvement in Footy and Cricket, it is obvious that you are passionate about the benefits these sports; and netball, bring to country communities.

Well done and good luck for 2010.

Hank,

I am not sure if it has been said on this forum, but congratulations on your coaching of Tongala over the last few years. It has been a great effort to develop a side that was down the bottom for so long, into a contender. Also well done on staying to support the side this year as a player and hopefully as captain.

By your work on Big footy, and involvement in Footy and Cricket, it is obvious that you are passionate about the benefits these sports; and netball, bring to country communities.

Well done and good luck for 2010.

Here here :thumbsu:

care to enlighten us Homer? or do we need to wait for the next P.T edition?

probably wouldn't take much guessing, but to save us all from unneccessary rumour and innuendo........

care to enlighten us Homer? or do we need to wait for the next P.T edition?

probably wouldn't take much guessing, but to save us all from unneccessary rumour and innuendo........
lol im guessing 1 would be Leo Barry not sure on the other but Deni quietly going about there buisness Will only improve on last season u'd imagine. Interesting that Congupna keeping quiet on this issue i no we had seen the 6 in the paper but i thought we may have heard more from Shep recruits by now sum1 has to have info.

BARRY VERSUS CRAWF
By NATHAN HOLAHAN
January 8 2010
Deniliquin Pastoral Times

THEY'VE clashed on AFL battlegrounds for more than a decade, but now `Leaping' Leo Barry and Shane `Crawf' Crawford could meet in the Murray Football League.
The Deniliquin Pastoral Times can reveal that the recently-retired AFL premiership duo may don their old club guernseys as soon as April.
The Deniliquin Rams and Finley Cats are hopeful the All-Australians will face-off when the old rivals meet in the opening round of the MFL.
While nothing is yet confirmed, former Sydney Swans star Barry said he would definitely be interested in playing at least one match for the Rams this season.
"It would be great (to play for the Rams again)," Barry told the Pastoral Times yesterday.
"I'm definitely interested, but nothing is confirmed."
Speculation is rife that Hawthorn premiership midfielder Shane Crawford has agreed to play a few games with his home town (Finley) this year.
This could mean the former AFL stars may start opposite each other during Finley's home ground clash with the Rams on Saturday, April 3.
Fittingly, Deni and Finley contest the Leo Barry-Shane Crawford Cup each time the two foes meet during the Murray League home-andaway season.
"It's my understanding that I would play a match with the Rams to help boost the Shane Crawford spectacle," Barry said.
"It would be a good thing for the club.
"I played all my fourths, thirds and a bit of senior footy with the Rams. I'd love to throw on the old blue and gold guernsey again," he said.
Deniliquin Rams president Bernie Biggs said Barry's return would not only be good for his club, but local footy in general.
"He's a legend. Leo is an AFL grand final hero and it would be great for local footy if he played a game here again," Biggs said.
"Leo came through our junior ranks and it means a lot to the club that he is willing to come back and play here again."
After 15 years at the top level, Barry played 235 games and kicked 56 goals.
He started his AFL career as a forward, before being moved to defence as an experiment.
The former Deniliquin High School student quickly emerged as an elite full back.
Barry's screamer in the dying seconds of the 2005 AFL grand final etched his name into AFL folklore.
He retired last year with two All-Australian selections and four years as the Swans' co-captain.
Crawford, a Brownlow medallist, is a well known Finley footballer who regularly returns to his home town.
The star Hawk retired from professional football after taking out the AFL premiership with Hawthorn in 2008.

Great news!

What about a little info on A brooks and D (american pie) mclean

Good to see matty jackson there, i thought the yze robertson signing might of tempted him to stay

Allister Brooks is also a former junior returning to the club, he is a fairly handy midfielder - Jackson, Richardson & Brooks were all teammates on finley's u17 premiership team of 2006, and they can all play.. all 3 are excellent pickups..

Doug McLean is also an ex-finley junior. He can play either across the half-forward line, or half-back. Great Young fella and it will be good to see him back at the club.

Allister Brooks is also a former junior returning to the club, he is a fairly handy midfielder - Jackson, Richardson & Brooks were all teammates on finley's u17 premiership team of 2006, and they can all play.. all 3 are excellent pickups..

Doug McLean is also an ex-finley junior. He can play either across the half-forward line, or half-back. Great Young fella and it will be good to see him back at the club.
looks like the once mighty cats have won preseason recuiting, great to see seco back, i have just taken on coach of yass roos and thought i was getting much too old but now seco is back i am feeling somewhat younger. The comittee/coaching staff off jacko jake daniels ashley haynes as president is good, champions from a champion era, i dont think anyone could argue that finley was by far the most dominant side in the late 80's early 90's or thereabouts, and maybe they can return to the top of the tables soon, toc did it and i can remember how bad they were , didnt take the easy way out and drop to picola league and thumbs up for that, we all know their wouldnt be much pleasure in beating jerilderie, berigan or strathy all over again. also heard they are trying to get 100 supporters to pay $20 for every game they win, they had about 70 and would expect them to get 100, great idea. I hope crawf does play a few games and they win and he likes it and plays most games. sparra or finley hawk, are you looking for a practice match, yass would welcome you guys if you want a road trip and a stay over, would have to be here because we would struggle to get the numbers to come to finley. go cats go roos and off course the mighty hawthorn hawks ! and if anyone is upset by this post at all, before you get on to say how crap we are and blah blah blah, save your time and dont bother replying, im not interested. seco v garry parsons, not sure but would go with seco i think. I did my level 2 coaching course with parso and he was very unsure as to how he would go, 3 or 4 flags later, id have to say he went ok. also good luck to hargy, great bloke great player and with the influx to mul they will be very strong again. is rob lamberti still playing anywhere, he was a gun at mulwala, i played in the middle round one for mul and lamberti kicked 11 goals i think, then he said he wanted to play on the ball and float around, he was a freak, and big housy is he back at mul ? or still playing

Interesting to hear of so many player movements. Does your comp have a point system which may restrict players moving from one club to another, as happens in Cairns?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doona I reckon that they will do very well. I will go out on a limb and say I reckon they might play each other in the last game of the year

Thats a massive call for this time of the year!! I doubt that either side will be there the last week of the season...........

I don't think Seco , Daniels and Parson should or can be compared, they have all coached under different circumstances, the best and I think most important thing is they all appear to have involvement of the club as a whole and see the clubs whole developement as the highest of importance, not just the senior side which they coach!!

Thats a massive call for this time of the year!! I doubt that either side will be there the last week of the season...........

Would expect Congupna to be, Barooga are always around the mark so don't think its such a big call. Congupna v Mulwala for me this early.

Would expect Congupna to be, Barooga are always around the mark so don't think its such a big call. Congupna v Mulwala for me this early.

I would say that Mulwala are looking as though they might be there next year I agree on that, My predictions are Cobram V Mulwala or Cobram V Toc.

looks like the once mighty cats have won preseason recuiting, great to see seco back, i have just taken on coach of yass roos and thought i was getting much too old but now seco is back i am feeling somewhat younger. The comittee/coaching staff off jacko jake daniels ashley haynes as president is good, champions from a champion era, i dont think anyone could argue that finley was by far the most dominant side in the late 80's early 90's or thereabouts, and maybe they can return to the top of the tables soon, toc did it and i can remember how bad they were , didnt take the easy way out and drop to picola league and thumbs up for that, we all know their wouldnt be much pleasure in beating jerilderie, berigan or strathy all over again. also heard they are trying to get 100 supporters to pay $20 for every game they win, they had about 70 and would expect them to get 100, great idea. I hope crawf does play a few games and they win and he likes it and plays most games. sparra or finley hawk, are you looking for a practice match, yass would welcome you guys if you want a road trip and a stay over, would have to be here because we would struggle to get the numbers to come to finley. go cats go roos and off course the mighty hawthorn hawks ! and if anyone is upset by this post at all, before you get on to say how crap we are and blah blah blah, save your time and dont bother replying, im not interested. seco v garry parsons, not sure but would go with seco i think. I did my level 2 coaching course with parso and he was very unsure as to how he would go, 3 or 4 flags later, id have to say he went ok. also good luck to hargy, great bloke great player and with the influx to mul they will be very strong again. is rob lamberti still playing anywhere, he was a gun at mulwala, i played in the middle round one for mul and lamberti kicked 11 goals i think, then he said he wanted to play on the ball and float around, he was a freak, and big housy is he back at mul ? or still playing

It certainly was a great era and it would be good to see Finley back up there.

Yeh I got the phone call from nipper for the $20 per win, and it is a good idea.

Can't help you with the practice match - too far for violet Town to travel

I would be expecting Rams to be in the GF this year vs Mulwala

"Schoullar taps to (Parsons/Holoboski/Bartlett)" will be the most used phrase this year.

I think that the most used phrase might be Sullivan/Rudd taps to (Bongetti/Hockey/Freer/Boyer/Lucas). As Cobram have picked up a very strong onball selection.....

Schoullar is a gun and will be very hard to stop as will Deni's onball prigade.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back