Murray Football League (Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, hope the new year has started off well for each and every one of you. Heard the other day that Toc will not be fielding a Reserves or U14s side????? Pretty sad if this is the case considering they are the reigning Senior Premiers. Not much to report on in Hawkland. Training recommences next Monday is about all the news to report on.

Hi everyone, hope the new year has started off well for each and every one of you. Heard the other day that Toc will not be fielding a Reserves or U14s side????? Pretty sad if this is the case considering they are the reigning Senior Premiers. Not much to report on in Hawkland. Training recommences next Monday is about all the news to report on.

Well thats not the greatest news at all in regards to Toc. Why are they not fielding the teams have they had a mass walk out in the reserves or whats the go.......

So whats the lattest recruits for the Hawks?? is Wren trying to poach any players????? what happened to the bullant's boys why did they sign then leave????? thats what I herd anyway is this true??

I'm not sure about the 14s, but i know they will be fielding a reserves side.

“The only two who haven’t previously played for Mulwala are Tim Hargreaves who is our newly appointed coach and Luke Cannard who played last season up in north Queensland,” he said.

Travelling from Melbourne each week with Lee will be former South Cairns Cutters midfielder forward flanker Luke Cannard.

Can any1 tells about Luke Cannard,how he plays etc,etc, & how come he didn't follow his coach & the other the players from Cairns to Congupna??:thumbsu:

Well thats not the greatest news at all in regards to Toc. Why are they not fielding the teams have they had a mass walk out in the reserves or whats the go.......

So whats the lattest recruits for the Hawks?? is Wren trying to poach any players????? what happened to the bullant's boys why did they sign then leave????? thats what I herd anyway is this true??

Could they be unhappy with the fact that Toc are recruting so many players with no affiliation with the place

I would say that Mulwala are looking as though they might be there next year I agree on that, My predictions are Cobram V Mulwala or Cobram V Toc.

Dropped in to watch the Cobram boys train last nite and they are far from happy with the Coach across the river approaching one of their players with a bucketload of cash.Then when he was told by the player he wasn't
interested he had the nerve to ask for the mobile numbers of two more contracted players!!!
Very average recruiting style and perhaps signs of desperation in the Hawk camp.Will be an interesting first up game at Easter!:thumbsdown:

Dropped in to watch the Cobram boys train last nite and they are far from happy with the Coach across the river approaching one of their players with a bucketload of cash.Then when he was told by the player he wasn't
interested he had the nerve to ask for the mobile numbers of two more contracted players!!!
Very average recruiting style and perhaps signs of desperation in the Hawk camp.Will be an interesting first up game at Easter!:thumbsdown:

lol, alls fair in love and footy these days by the sounds of it. . . . :(
And if anyones intersted RUMBALARA has started training. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays till the season proper.
Good numbers so far. Sam Ahmat seems to know what he's talking about and is setting the boys up for a good year.
We've picked up a couple of recruites which are still to be anounced i think. But the great news is the boys that were injury prone or played hurt last year seem to be fighting fit and hungry still, and i think that excites the group more then anything.
We've not had any confirmed departures yet which is good, but i know acouple of boys will be moving to Melb for Uni so we'l just wait and see what they want to do.

lol, alls fair in love and footy these days by the sounds of it. . . . :(
And if anyones intersted RUMBALARA has started training. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays till the season proper.
Good numbers so far. Sam Ahmat seems to know what he's talking about and is setting the boys up for a good year.
We've picked up a couple of recruites which are still to be anounced i think. But the great news is the boys that were injury prone or played hurt last year seem to be fighting fit and hungry still, and i think that excites the group more then anything.
We've not had any confirmed departures yet which is good, but i know acouple of boys will be moving to Melb for Uni so we'l just wait and see what they want to do.

I think you will find that the 4 boys currently training with Coburg Tigers will either be staying at Rumba or at least keeping Rumba as there Interchange club. Which means we should get them for at least 4 or 5 games.

I don't think Seco , Daniels and Parson should or can be compared, they have all coached under different circumstances, the best and I think most important thing is they all appear to have involvement of the club as a whole and see the clubs whole developement as the highest of importance, not just the senior side which they coach!!

those who know parsons around the area would know that he only will work with good cattle had the club not recruited well he would of stood down, he doesnt like to be scene as an un successful coach, even members from the club have said so but good luck to them as they have recruited well.:thumbsu:

those who know parsons around the area would know that he only will work with good cattle had the club not recruited well he would of stood down, he doesnt like to be scene as an un successful coach, even members from the club have said so but good luck to them as they have recruited well.:thumbsu:
we all know that sometimes their are teams that would win who ever was coaching, i think the success of a coach is based more on improvement and sustainability of a club. for example finley have recruited very well but so have the teams that were flogging them last year, with seco on board i think every recruit they have got will be worth 2 due to his attitude and will to win and improve. as for above comment i dont think parso would have accepted the job then resigned because their wasnt enough recruits. he wants the club to succeed so why would he walk out at season start, think about it. any word on leo barry playing round one ?

I think you might be going a bit over the top there gm. Parsons coached last year without any major recruiting and to my knowledge most that the rams have recruited are past deni people who would know parsons personally. Plenty of blokes who were pretty much unknown before his last coaching stint become very well known and respected, under his coaching, as I believe parsons himself is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you serious!!! That just shows what kind of coach/person he is. Gee the Barooga footy club is trying to buy another premiership,, thats how smart they are they have done it for the last 4 years and have they won one???? Didnt think so..... That will be great fuel for the Cobram boys round one then... Might have to go and watch that game i Think.......

guessing that most if not all clubs are back training. how have numbers been for every club? plenty of new faces getting around? should by now know recruits for each club.

guessing that most if not all clubs are back training. how have numbers been for every club? plenty of new faces getting around? should by now know recruits for each club.

Finley been getting between 25 - 35 concistantly which is very good, with the amount of travelling players and a sexton pre season should = 2 fit sides

I heard Rowan Priest (Morrison Medallist for Benalla in the GV) had signed with Echuca United?? Can anyone confirm this?

Big Adrian "Smear" Pappin is on the move to Tongala from the Mainland, big lad will be a bit of a handfull for most CHB's and can roost the pill over 60m's.

Big Adrian "Smear" Pappin is on the move to Tongala from the Mainland, big lad will be a bit of a handfull for most CHB's and can roost the pill over 60m's.

i seen him kick a goal from the centre of the ground in the magoo's grandfinal against echuca one year. seemed like he could be a damaging senior player if fit.

I've been informed Barooga made a big play for two very handy small forwards and have been successful in securing their signatures. Seymour's Saad Saad and Heidelberg's Shane Harvey have joined the Hawks for pay cheques rumored to be $50k each for the season. Apparently old man Brooks is sick and tired of pouring money into the club and having nothing to show for it. Last roll of the dice perhaps?

*puts on flamesuit and awaits big_hawk's grilling*

I've been informed Barooga made a big play for two very handy small forwards and have been successful in securing their signatures. Seymour's Saad Saad and Heidelberg's Shane Harvey have joined the Hawks for pay cheques rumored to be $50k each for the season. Apparently old man Brooks is sick and tired of pouring money into the club and having nothing to show for it. Last roll of the dice perhaps?

May be a year too late to go all out, last year was the year to buy one, going to be two or three sides miss out on finals who would more than expect to be playing come September.

Interesting information their tucky. If true they have landed 2 players that have kicked more then 100 goals in their current leagues. If they get the ball down their enough times, would be hard for opposition teams to stop.

Having said that, I highly doubt Saad will leave Seymour and if he does, I think he would head back to a Melbourne club to play, most likely Northcote Park.

just putting it out there but, all eyes might be on echuca united if they have a nother lean year. might start looking at the hdfl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back