Suspended
May 30, 2009
Etihad or MCG
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Newcastle United
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/194758,muscat-out-for-eight.aspx

MELBOURNE Victory skipper Kevin Muscat may have played his last game in the A-League after he was suspended for eight weeks by the FFA disciplinary committee.

Muscat earned the hefty ban for his crunching tackle on Melbourne Heart player Adfrian Zahra at the weekend.
"The Disciplinary Committee has determined that the player will serve an eight match suspension," said an FFA statement.
" Under the A-League Disciplinary Regulations, Melbourne Victory FC have seven (7) days to lodge an appeal from the date on which the written determination or notice from FFA is received."

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/194758,muscat-out-for-eight.aspx

I think thats about right.

I can't wait till WC2022Qatar comes on here he is going to flip his lid:p

8 is pretty steep IMO, I've seen plenty of worse tackles involving studs into legs etc. I mean it was a pretty bad tackle but in terms of what bits of Muscat made contact with the lad it was fairly low impact in terms of liklihood of a break etc. I'm not defending Muscat, just think 8 is pretty severe.

8 is pretty steep IMO, I've seen plenty of worse tackles involving studs into legs etc. I mean it was a pretty bad tackle but in terms of what bits of Muscat made contact with the lad it was fairly low impact in terms of liklihood of a break etc. I'm not defending Muscat, just think 8 is pretty severe.

You've seen plenty of worse tackles than that? I really doubt that.

It was a pathetic attempt and I'm a Victory supporter.

You've seen plenty of worse tackles than that? I really doubt that.

It was a pathetic attempt and I'm a Victory supporter.

Surely we've all seen legs snapped in gruesome two foot studs up tackles that were nowhere near the ball. Look as I say I'm not defending him, or saying that it was anywhere near an acceptable tackle. I'm just saying I thought 8 was a tad harsh.

That would be the decent thing but I'm not so sure Ernie Merrick sees it like that.

I think it's a fair suspension I mean if Baird and Perez get banned for 2 matches for "diving" then I think 8 is fair for whatever it was Muscat was trying to do to Zahra..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that has annoyed me about Muscat is the fact that he's doing that sort of stuff almost deliberately, and almost always when the side is being defeated. I wasn't at the derby as I am overseas (waiting to come back right now actually) but am I correct in saying that muscat already had a yellow card? If so, pretty much regardless of how he took Zahra, he was almost guaranteed getting sent. Good leadership there.

Additionally, he got himself sent off 6 times in 287 English League matches and was not sent off for his 22 games in Scotland. So how has he got himself sent off 5 times in 122 A-League games since returning to Australia? He is going around twatting blokes. Jamie McMaster v2, Adam Hughes v6, Adrian Zahra v6.

That's not leadership. I told Sainter during our game bs Sydney that Brebner was a far better leader. He does all the hard work, without doing stupid shit. That sums muscat up, hard player, good skills, but does completely stupid ****ed things.

Ps our defense is probably better off without him for the rest of the year, and Franjic impressed me bs Sydney too.

Kevin Muscat is and always has been a massive c-word.

He paid a £750,000 legal settlement in 2004 for a 1998 tackle on Charlton Athletic player Matty Holmes, whose career was ended by Muscat. Holmes needed skin grafts and had to have a metal bolt inserted in his ankle after the clash.

In 2001, he seriously injured both Craig Bellamy and Christophe Dugarry, and former French coach Roger Lemerre said of the latter: "Football is not a game of skittles, but I'm deeply unhappy about that tackle. It was a close match and it should not have been tarnished with such an act of brutality."

All of this led to him being branded "probably the most hated man in football" by former Birmingham City manager Martin Grainger.

The sport will be much, much better off without him - I sincerely hope that this pathetic dog act will cost him all hopes of the media career that he's been attempting to cultivate in recent years.

Kevin Muscat is and always has been a massive c-word.

He paid a £750,000 legal settlement in 2004 for a 1998 tackle on Charlton Athletic player Matty Holmes, whose career was ended by Muscat. Holmes needed skin grafts and had to have a metal bolt inserted in his ankle after the clash.

In 2001, he seriously injured both Craig Bellamy and Christophe Dugarry, and former French coach Roger Lemerre said of the latter: "Football is not a game of skittles, but I'm deeply unhappy about that tackle. It was a close match and it should not have been tarnished with such an act of brutality."

All of this led to him being branded "probably the most hated man in football" by former Birmingham City manager Martin Grainger.

The sport will be much, much better off without him - I sincerely hope that this pathetic dog act will cost him all hopes of the media career that he's been attempting to cultivate in recent years.

Very well said. There's a reason no one in England liked him.

Brebner is horrible they day him and Kevin don't play again will be awesome. IMO Brebner is the biggest scums in sport in this country. HE BET against his own team. should have chucked out the club then.

Brebner is horrible they day him and Kevin don't play again will be awesome. IMO Brebner is the biggest scums in sport in this country. HE BET against his own team. should have chucked out the club then.

funny thing was he lost the bet....

You can always BETONBREBS!

betting on/against your own team should get a life ban IMO. it's arguably a form of match fixing.

it's happened in the NFL before.

:confused: Zahra has done his ACL so that along with a broken leg is the worst leg injury you can get. It was a filthy tackle that doesn't belong in any sport and Muscat is a filthy individual who should be taken for all his wealth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Muscat gone for 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back