Goldenblue

Norm Smith Medallist
Ex-Moderator
Aug 2, 2001
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Seeing the discussion Mr. E and I had talking about guitar playing, I was wondering how many other musicians we have amongst us. It doesn't matter if you play a mean axe or toot on a recorder, or you are a professional or a beginner. Let us all know what you are into if you play an instrument or sing. :)

I play Bass...man.
Hence the name.
Been playing for about 12 years.

I wondered about that. I used the same name on the net once, I played bass in a band for about 7 years before going back onto guitar. :)

With the size of my family and work commitments, music and bands are in the past now. All I do is teach now and have currently have 2 students.

Though I have to say I miss playing in a band.

Played bass for about 5 years but gave it up a long time ago. Still bust out the odd riff every now and then.

My brother's a professional musician. Teahces and plays in an original band. they're doing ok, played at Falls festival a couple of times and a few other big gigs here. moving up to Qld though...

My step father and step father in law are both very good guitarists.

My in law actually played with Peter Dean from the Jets for about 2-3 years. They were called Pearl Coast.

He travels in a duo till this day, he is 54 good effort from him.

He has just extended his house to make way for a studio so maybe the BF crew could make an album! :D

PS: I learned to play classical guitar, read music and hated every single moment of it, 5 years from age 10-15.

Rathered of played sport. :thumbsu:

I wondered about that. I used the same name on the net once, I played bass in a band for about 7 years before going back onto guitar. :)

With the size of my family and work commitments, music and bands are in the past now. All I do is teach now and have currently have 2 students.

Though I have to say I miss playing in a band.

I started a band in high school and we played around Perth for about 6/7 years.
In the end we just didn't have the time to keep it going.
Home ownership is great but mortgages suck.
Now a couple of the guys have small home studios and we record stuff for our own enjoyment.
I miss playing live badly.

I play guitar, have for about 5 years, prefer acoustic but I also play electric...keen to upgrade my equipment once I finish uni & start earning some real money :thumbsu:

My in law actually played with Peter Dean from the Jets for about 2-3 years.

One of my best friends played with Peter Dean back in 85 in a band called Mr. E, they also had Rob Riley from Rose Tattoo in the band too. My friend John also played for Flash Harry, Ice Tiger, Slim Jim and now plays with Peace, Love and everything with Tod Johnson.

One of my best friends played with Peter Dean back in 85 in a band called Mr. E, they also had Rob Riley from Rose Tattoo in the band too. My friend John also played for Flash Harry, Ice Tiger, Slim Jim and now plays with Peace, Love and everything with Tod Johnson.

Cool. :thumbsu:

Deany and Rod (my in law) gave it away due to the travelling time involved.

They travelled every where in WA but age caught up to them.

I daresay GB, that you have a lot in common with my in law.

He is also a die hard WCE. :thumbsu:

Yep guitar and Bass :thumbsu:

Bought a drum kit a few months ago and been jamming away on that.

In a proper band since last year too :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I played the Piano for 4 years and Flute for 5 years but in the end I didn't have the discipline for either (practise one hour a day - pfft).

But what I did really enjoy was singing, which I did for 3 years (school lessons). I think I'm reasonable at it but am really shy in front of big crowds and have only done a couple of big performances at school festivals and the like.

Used to play drums in High School, still remember how to read music.
Have made enquiries about getting lessons on how to play the guitar, will book myself in once I return from my May/June european vacation. My dad knows how to play the guitar really well, but he's a crap teacher. I'll get a pro to teach me the basics, then I can jam with the old man and improve from there ("jam" is the correct technical term, right?).

I'll get a pro to teach me the basics, then I can jam with the old man and improve from there ("jam" is the correct technical term, right?).

Correct term yes!

I don't mind teaching, but what bugs me is I have a few beginner guitarists at work and they all look for free lessons all the time, kinda annoys me as it makes me feel used.

Correct term yes!

I don't mind teaching, but what bugs me is I have a few beginner guitarists at work and they all look for free lessons all the time, kinda annoys me as it makes me feel used.

I'm sure they're not using you.

Know why? Because you sure are a great guy.

Btw, wouldn't mind a 12 month subscription to BigFooty...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back