• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Moggy

Premiership Player
Sep 7, 2012
Oslo
AFL Club
Geelong
So, we have a guitar thread and a music thread, but no thread for the muso's on the board to reveal themselves in.

I was wondering what instruments people play and what they do with that - whether it be strumming on the patio or playing in a band/ensemble/symphony orchestra or anything in between!

If we have enough talent out there maybe we can have a shot at creating a new Cats-related song. Cat Attack for the new millenium?! *

Very interested to hear from you all!

* yes, that's a joke, but you never know...

So, to kick things off...

I am a guitarist/singer/songwriter type who also knows his way around a home studio.

I have recently managed to scrabble together a band with a standard 2 guitar, bass and drums configuration.
We play originals, but to be honest, we are struggling to find enough time to rehearse to the point where we have a good, tight 30 minute set to perform. Three kids under 9 will do that.

It's always hard to define a genre, but if pressed I would say indie pop/rock/folk with my tongue in my cheek.

Music I might be influenced by includes Pixies, Stones, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Smashing pumpkins, Kings of Leon, Doves, The Bad Seeds. I'll stop there :)

I used to play guitar in bands as a yoof, but in the last decade I have become more focussed on learning how to use my voice and writing songs. My guitar playing is good enough for what I want to do most of the time, but I am no shredder. I probably can manage to peel and maybe dice at best ;-)

Anyone else want to share?

Back