burto

Club Legend
May 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bartel
Now people might say 'ah yeah your an idiot' but these are my thoughts on the Ottens situation.

Could it be that he is actually 100% fit to play, but we are using these early games, whilst we are still winning, to fast-track the development of our younger ruckman? Why bring Ottens in when we are still winning and helping the future players improve? Could explain why the club keeps bringing out the 'he might play next week' line. Has he been training?

Obviously this might be completely wrong, but it's interesting to think about.

Thoughts?

Now people might say 'ah yeah your an idiot' but these are my thoughts on the Ottens situation.

Could it be that he is actually 100% fit to play, but we are using these early games, whilst we are still winning, to fast-track the development of our younger ruckman? Why bring Ottens in when we are still winning and helping the future players improve? Could explain why the club keeps bringing out the 'he might play next week' line. Has he been training?

Obviously this might be completely wrong, but it's interesting to think about.

Thoughts?

i have said he is 4 weeks away

I think that would be a huge risk to take with a guy that has shown that he benefited enormously from having a full pre-season and plenty of match fitness.

I just don't think the club would take such a risk when the stakes are so high.

i have said he is 4 weeks away

So did he on tv, so not a totally individual thought there.

I disagree. He obviously was in a bit of pain when he was taken off in the pre-season, therefore it was a bad injury. Plantar faciitis is not a fast healing injury.

Secondly, surgery is often not the best way of solving the issue. Generally the facia needs to be separated from the bone to stop feeling any pain. However that then weakens the arch of the foot which can have other consequences.

So I doubt they are keeping him out for any other reason than the injury is not fully healed.

Bomber admitted that every week Ottens had been 'a chance' so was hesitant to repeat that

He seemed to suggest that 2 weeks away was a better bet

Back to original post, I have been wondering about whether he is right to go and they are holding him back. I have been wondering if 'next week' means 'the next week after a loss' (which hasn't come yet)

But I really doubt this is the case because footy players just love to play footy and you can't hold them back. If it was finals he would play

Rediculous to say that Ottens is 100% but not playing to give others a chance.

1. Would you for go the match payments?
2. Would you enjoy sitting on the sidelines but still doing the hard stuff at training.
3. Why do we so desperately need to get these guys experieince?

i reckon he is not 100% and they dont know if he will ever be this year. They will just take a risk in a game situation and see how he goes. He most probably will play this week and re-assess if he needs more time away next week after recovery.

I think if we had been struggling, they might have put him out on the park when less than 100% fit. But seeing we're winning games, they are waiting for him to be fully fit before risking him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rediculous to say that Ottens is 100% but not playing to give others a chance.

1. Would you for go the match payments?
2. Would you enjoy sitting on the sidelines but still doing the hard stuff at training.
3. Why do we so desperately need to get these guys experieince?

There's the big one right there. What would he stand to lose per match? I think the league minimum is $2 grand a match

so if he's out half a season that adds up to a fair bit

not a theory winter
i don't just guess like some people

it is a fact
move on

Just like it's a fact Mooney is struggling up forward and needs to be moved into defence?

Just like it's a fact Franklin is overrated and is really a dud?

Yup, we all know about your "facts".

Re this thread.

What a joke. Does anyone seriously think that would happen today or ten years ago? What about his Match payments? you have too much time on your hands....

Just like it's a fact Mooney is struggling up forward and needs to be moved into defence?

Just like it's a fact Franklin is overrated and is really a dud?

Yup, we all know about your "facts".

dear shadow (stalker)

mooney being moved to defence was an option if we needed an extra tall defender with egan out, and is still applicable, further giving mooney a run around theground could help (eg richo)

as for the franklin commment, i do apologise for making a comment in jest
i must not do such again.

signed forrrest

not a theory winter
i don't just guess like some people

it is a fact
move on

The Princess Bride:
Vizzini: Inconceivable.
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Big Footy:
forrrestGump: Fact.
My5t3r10u5: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

My theory is that he is about 85-90% match fit, playable if it were a cut throat game or a final. But due to him missing so much pre-season and fitness they are going to wait till his back at 100% (or near enough) allowing them to pump a good 9-10 games in West or Mumford, as well as letting Blake take the number one ruck job for the same amounts of games. Invaluable experence for Blake and a chance to see if West and Mumford can handle it at the top level.

Remove this Banner Ad

My Ottens Theory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back