NAB Challenge 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
We're a month away from seeing the Eagles play.

Our games are:

1:35pm (AEDT) Sun 21 Feb v Crows @ Unley Oval in Adelaide

4:00pm Thurs 3 March v Suns @ Joondalup

4:10pm Sun 13 March v Bombers @ Subi

Full fixture: http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/2016 NAB Challenge Fixture.PDF

What are you looking forward to?

I can't wait to see Duggan, Jetta, Partington and Lamb strut their stuff. Also interested to see if Gov plays all defence. Looking forward to seeing the new wings too.

Great we once again have two home games again. I'm guessing there will be no indigenous clash this year.

I think Waterman and my boy Cavka are the only players ruled out from playing. Redden and perhaps Sheed may not be fit in time to play many/any games.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing Lamb dominate again.

The game against the Bombers should actually be really interesting, as I'd imagine that a lot of the senior players will be rested before rd1. And it's unlikely the senior crew will be getting a good run against the top-ups anyway...

It's gunna be great seeing how the younger members of the team play together (if not in this game, then at least some point in the NAB cup).

The game against the Bombers should actually be really interesting, as I'd imagine that a lot of the senior players will be rested before rd1. And it's unlikely the senior crew will be getting a good run against the top-ups anyway...

It's gunna be great seeing how the younger members of the team play together (if not in this game, then at least some point in the NAB cup).

From memory we have played a full team in the last game. Usually rest our better players in game 1 or 2.

Hopefully every fit player gets at least one game.

Take it all games are on Fox?

Yep

You deep frying those bad boys or hitting up a honey soy glaze and putting them on the weber? Ive got the tex mex hook up to replicate the Colonial Brewery wings, dayyyum!
I sometimes marinate then glaze them in sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice, hoi sin and sweet baby rays hickory smoked bbq sauce.
Dry I do mine with a nostrimini, brown sugar and smokey paprika rub in the UDS over charcoal. Awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. So which of our players are you all most looking forward to seeing play in the NAB Challenge?

2. And who do you think is going to smash it (the NAB equiv of TTHD)?

3. Was going to ask who isn't going to live up to expectations but given our whole list is looking pretty fit this pre-season maybe we should stay optimistic? Nah, got to have balance, feel free to share if you think someone won't perform up to standard.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for the arguments that may ensue on this thread from this question nor if it causes it to regress in to another Woman's Day/Subway thread.

No injuries would be nice.

I wanna see how Emac goes, hopefully the crows play Walker.

I want to see that same sharpness from Shep and Wellingham as we got last pre-season.

And of course Duggan.

I cant wait to see jetta. Usually its the kids i look forward to nut if this guy brings it this year it could really make our season.

Duggan will smash it. Will be itching for some footy and the lower standard will see him sit right at the top of the tree

Dont really have exoectations for nab so not really fussed. Ill say giles and gov will play a couple poor games.

Dont want to see emac til round 1 of the proper season as i cant watch without cringing

I'm most keen to see what Partington brings at the top level. He seems a quiet achiever and has been flying under the radar this pre-season. According to some pre draft reports he has quite explosive pace coming out of congestion. If that's true then I think he might be an ideal guy to slot inside as a rover and provide backup to Priddis winning first possession/extracting but also to burst out of a clearance ala Shuey occasionally. Be good to see Duggan and Sheed playing inside more as well.

If the positive reports about Snadden are accurate I think he'll be next on my list to watch during NAB. With his athletic attributes he could be our next Yeo in waiting.

Also excited to see how Jetta fits in to our game plan (not expecting him to shine from day one but if even shows glimpses that will be a good sign). And would have also liked to see Redden as I think he will make a massive difference to our midfield but not sure if he'll be right by NAB now.

I expect Lamb and Barrass to show considerable improvement again at NAB. Be interested if they try Darling, Lamb and Yeo across half forward. That's a tall, agile and mobile half forward line that can run all day and play further down the ground to open up space for our full forward line. We still have JK, LeCras and Cripps (arguably our three best/most important forwards) to add to that. Plus Hill, Jetta and Shuey and we have plenty of scoring options. Expect McInnes to get some game time at NAB and will be interesting if they give Brown, Gov and Allen a shot forward in NAB.

I think a lot of our stars won't shine through the NAB games because they won't get out of second gear on coaches directions. I have concerns for Lycett, Brown, Hill and Schofield. I suspect a lot of other players will have taken a step forward over pre-season and unless they have improved as well they might struggle to keep up.

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB Challenge 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back