Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Lloyd's a diver

Rookie
Suspended
Jan 27, 2006
Melbourne
Other Teams
Monash Blues
After watching these two players yesterday, skirt around packs and get cheap kicks, I cannot help but wonder which is the most over-rated. I personally think Brown is in a photo finish. I'm sick and tired of hearing about his broken leg, like he is only player ever to have got injured. As much as i hate Essendon, James Hird practically lost half his face, but came back and is as good as ever. He got cheap goals and gets even cheaper stats than Woewoeful ever did, and that's saying something.

As for Pettrified, perhaps the fact that he sits on his own and runs away at the first sign of a contest is not as noticeable because he isn't as high profile.

After yesterday's game, if these two players have any saying in your club's future I feel sorry for you.

you cannot be serious.

What Nathan Brown has done in the last month after effectively being out of the game for 2 years is nothing short of sensation.

I felt he was one of the elite players in the comp before is injury. I doubted he would get back to his best and while he is not there yet he has proved he can and will still be a gun player.

I am not quite sure how a player like Brown who plays as a forward and throughout his career as had constant close attention from his opponent can be considered an outside type who skirts around packs. The guy is a class act on the field.

And I hate Richmond and personally do not have alot of time for Brown as a person but to say he is overated after what he is been through is one of the toughest calls I have seen on a player in a long long time.

Pettifer is an ok player who has alot of class but he should do more with the talent he has. Total D!Ck of a person though.

After watching these two players yesterday, skirt around packs and get cheap kicks, I cannot help but wonder which is the most over-rated. I personally think Brown is in a photo finish. I'm sick and tired of hearing about his broken leg, like he is only player ever to have got injured. As much as i hate Essendon, James Hird practically lost half his face, but came back and is as good as ever. He got cheap goals and gets even cheaper stats than Woewoeful ever did, and that's saying something.

As for Pettrified, perhaps the fact that he sits on his own and runs away at the first sign of a contest is not as noticeable because he isn't as high profile.

After yesterday's game, if these two players have any saying in your club's future I feel sorry for you.

who is your team noob ?

More trolls. Brown is a dead-set gun and would be dominating not for the horrific break of his leg. It's a bit different to compare a facial fracture to a double break of the leg. As one of them is key to your ability to play. Meanwhile, no-one rates Pettifer, so there is no real answer to your question, which is more an attempt of a cheap shot at a quality player.

• Banned
Oh, a thousand apologies redandblackveins, I wasn't aware I had accidentally posted this in the MCC Members of Big Footy. I will take my idiocy to Bay 13 where I belong ....... moron.

As for all the posters and commentators who prefice any comment on Nathan Brown with "after all he's been through....", I don't care if he's been out for almost 2 years, if he is back playing then he should be right to go. Don't put your hand up to play, and then whinge that you leg is still troubling you. Go and play with Coburg for longer.

Oh, a thousand apologies redandblackveins, I wasn't aware I had accidentally posted this in the MCC Members of Big Footy. I will take my idiocy to Bay 13 where I belong ....... moron.

As for all the posters and commentators who prefice any comment on Nathan Brown with "after all he's been through....", I don't care if he's been out for almost 2 years, if he is back playing then he should be right to go. Don't put your hand up to play, and then whinge that you leg is still troubling you. Go and play with Coburg for longer.

you support a team noob ?

or do you prefer to dish out a big brave spray hiding behind your primary school desk ?

Why you say that?

I do generally like to form my own opinions and I will admit in this case I am going on what I have been told by some good contacts. I know a number of people who played with him at coburg. People whos opinions I rate very highly. People who dont normally go out of there way to bag people. They all think he is a total nob. an arrogant little prick is how some of them described him.

Mate , you obivously have no idea. It is very difficult to come in and dominate without a pre season or games under your belt. But the fact is that brown has been outstanding since his return. He has had 1 bad game in 4. The other 3 have been very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Tiges supporter I've never really thought about whether Browny is overrated or not. I'm just really glad he is playing. I also think his form since the return has been better than expected.

As for Pettifer ( or Strauchanie, see comment on his personality) he tends to ski downhill a bit and would be considered overrated some days and underrated the next depending upon his most recent performance. The fact that he can play some really good games means that the will be in the Tiges 22 for at least a few more years. Whether that's a good thing or not.

the first paragraph was right on the money up until the .......

The rest deserves to be in wherever the crap that isn't good enough for Bay 13 goes.

Well I know now not read another thread started by you.

I wish I knew that 5 mins ago....

I see you've been red carded. Off to sick bay you ****ing cockface where you belong :thumbsu:

Here here, couldn't agree more MLAD. The love affair with Nathan Brown is quite unbelievable, right up there with Adam Yze in my book. In any case, he plays for Richmond, came across to play in a winning side, for more money and look where that got him !

I see you've been red carded. Off to sick bay you ****ing cockface where you belong :thumbsu:
Okay, right, but by calling someone a ***ing cockface you DON'T get a red card. Big Footy works in mysterious ways it would seem. You sound a little jaded after they smashed your pittiful team into oblivion yesterday Smash N Grab. I hope they don't sack Terry Wallace for people like you, so you can wallow at the bottom of the ladder until at least 2011.

Seems I am in the minority too about Brown. I don't feel as strongly as Matthew Lloyd but do agree that he is still a bit over-rated.

Here here, couldn't agree more MLAD. The love affair with Nathan Brown is quite unbelievable, right up there with Adam Yze in my book. In any case, he plays for Richmond, came across to play in a winning side, for more money and look where that got him !

I think people like you are the most over-rated in terms of their own self importance to big footy. Brown is a sensational player; one of the very best before he got injured. He seems to be getting it back pretty quickly too.

Anyone who can't see it has no appreciation of good football or good footballers.:rolleyes:

Okay, right, but by calling someone a ***ing cockface you DON'T get a red card. Big Footy works in mysterious ways it would seem. You sound a little jaded after they smashed your pittiful team into oblivion yesterday Smash N Grab. I hope they don't sack Terry Wallace for people like you, so you can wallow at the bottom of the ladder until at least 2011.

Seems I am in the minority too about Brown. I don't feel as strongly as Matthew Lloyd but do agree that he is still a bit over-rated.

Learn your place Newbie.

For the record, you're a cockface also :thumbsu:

ummm, tyr the essendon footy club...won 4 games more than they should have dads army has clearly overshot the mark this year and will soon pull up stumps now that all favours from the men in white have been well and truly cashed in:eek:

Some would say richmond have won one more than they should have , my old mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan Brown or Kane Pettrified - who's the most over-rated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back