Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

His Thread from time at Geelong:

His Thread from time at Geelong:

General consensus seems to be that he was wasted down back and didn't get the opportunities he may have deserved , either due to selection or injury. If the body holds up I think he's going to be a good get.

He is not a Gurantee to Make it but love His Upside and hope he stays away from the Injury Bug.

At 22 can play Straight Away and stop us Rushing Begg and McMahon into AFL side

Main thing that stands out for me from the highlights he moves smooth for a big bloke.

If he turns out to be a decent mark with a pinch of aggro we might have ourselves a much needed partner up front for Checkers.

His mobility and speed as a 196cm big man was legit surprising. To the point where I could even see him playing as big midfielder some day (a La Cripps).

But honestly yeah he seems like he could be an incredible utility in the truest sense of the word.

Just needs to hit the gym this summer and he can be a great bookend

He has an all round game for a KPP, honestly excited about ‘Freddie’ making it as a key forward playing out of the square...
Forward line & options -

HF Elliot Mihocek Henry
F MCreery Kreuger Cameron (changes with Grundy) Ginnivan, Johnson, Sidebottom
Developing - McMahon, Begg

Last edited:
Some interesting tid bits
Kreuger is indigenous which is great.
He quit his role as a telstra contractor when recruited by the Cats ie when playing in Sa he had a day job and played football.

Over looked in draft year but had the resilience to keep working hard to get to earn his opportunity in the AFL system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look the chances are this bloke is another Jessie White Quinten Lynch hack.

these types have not panned out for us so realistically im expecting him to be delisted in a few years.
From what I understand, his development and chances have been hindered by injury. I was sceptical, but now that we’ve got him I’m 100% behind him and putting the injuries down to young talls breaking, their bodies need time.

Some interesting tid bits
Kreuger is indigenous which is great.
He quit his role as a telstra contractor when recruited by the Cats ie when playing in Sa he had a day job and played football.

Over looked in draft year but had the resilience to keep working hard to get to earn his opportunity in the AFL system.

I can't say I would have picked that. I would backed him being indigenous with even less confidence than him looking like William Dafoe.

I know. Ive got no issue with people identifying however they like, but with his complexion and a German name, I certainly wouldn't have picked it.
No argument sr it was sad when our indigenous Australians first won some genuine rights that winning those rights caused an upturn in stereotyping regarding qualification. There was even some reverse discrimination against individuals and groups not viewed as 'indigenous enough' by mainstream indigenous people. I would imagine that was driven by reaction against certain opportunists taking political advantage of tenuous - at best - indigenous ancestry.
As we can see in todays society this is a thing of the past and the first people are just another ethnic group without the discrimination levels of bygone days.
I join you in celebration of that as demonstrated by Nathan.

On displayed form no they aren't but watch just about any selection of football video featuring Cox since that SF Richmond win and you will see tunnelling, blocking, holding, pushing and chopping. All of it crude and obvious and only a token amount of frees to escape official censure.

That PF performance destroyed his career.
I'm sympathetic to that view, having witnessed it too.
But you can't reply upon free kicks to build a career.

Cox, like a few in our team, needs to get stronger in the core and hold his position better.
But I also don't think that we've been too good at setting up to protect him in the marking contest either.

I normally am concerned with key position talent being 'let go' by other clubs - always wonder what's wrong with them - but I can see that at Geelong he is surplus to requirements. I like the look of the lad. Love that he seems to be willing (and able) to tackle so ferociously. With him and McCreery in the forward line our forward pressure will be back to 2010 levels! We have a good one here. I hope that he is developed well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back