Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

Like this pickup. Have watched quite a few of his VFL games and liked what I have seen.
Very difficult to get a game in a forward line in front of Hawkins and Cameron.

Very interested to see how we arrange our forward setup next season.

I don't mind the idea of having Checkers, Cameron and Kreuger all up forward. I mean Checkers is 192cm (Similar size to Pendles, Crisp, Poulter & McInnes who are all mids/runners) and has been playing as a tall forward - it will be nice to have him as a "3rd" tall target up there. Would look to play him deep in the 50 alongside Kreuger and a smaller type forward with pace such as McCreery who has the ability to rove a pack but also apply strong pressure.

Cameron being a very handy contested mark would be a good hit up target for us and can push up the ground from CHF. Will also give Brodie a chop out in the ruck.

I would also look to have Elliott & Sidebottom playing across half forward. Both can have stints in the midfield if and when required, this will allow us to give DeGoey a "rest" up forward.

HF - Elliott Cameron Sidebottom
F - Mihochek Kreuger McCreery

Henry is in my best 22 as well, but either start him on the interchange or if we opt to play Sidebottom in the midfield he starts on half forward.

The other wildcard for mine is Johnson. Looking forward to seeing what he can offer as well.

I know. Ive got no issue with people identifying however they like, but with his complexion and a German name, I certainly wouldn't have picked it.
Identifying as indigenous a woman or a toaster is pretty ridiculous except for extenuating circumstances

Identifying as indigenous a woman or a toaster is pretty ridiculous except for extenuating circumstances
I just had my DNA tested and no indigenous DNA in my sample but I do as an Australian believe our Indigenous heritage is part of all of us, it should be celebrated and admired for everyone who choose's this place as home.

Great Teacher for Kreuger.

With Kreuger as well might mean less Attention on Miocheck

Brodie lost his kicking action this year. He had 68 shots that scored. With his previous levels of accuracy, he would have finished about 10th in the Coleman with less and worse delivery than the players above him and less time spent playing deep forward. He's a very good player.

Brodie lost his kicking action this year. He had 68 shots that scored. With his previous levels of accuracy, he would have finished about 10th in the Coleman with less and worse delivery than the players above him and less time spent playing deep forward. He's a very good player.
Weren’t we 18th for inside 50’s? Makes checkers year even better in my view. Accuracy was off, but given his supply, elite if ask me.

Not if you're indigenous, a woman or a toaster, and the best judge of whether you are is yourself. Unless you're a toaster, in which case you should let the microwave make the call.

hold on you're equating a man who is of indigenous descent, identifying with that heritage, to someone identifying as a toaster?
No. Anyone who’s indigenous doesn’t have to identify as being indigenous obviously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played every game and didn't even make the top 10 in the BnF, so the coaches weren't too happy with his season. "One of the most underrated in the comp" is nonsense when there's plenty of genuine A graders who never get mentioned by the media.
Ben King also didn't crack the top 10 of the B&F.

He played every game and didn't even make the top 10 in the BnF, so the coaches weren't too happy with his season. "One of the most underrated in the comp" is nonsense when there's plenty of genuine A graders who never get mentioned by the media.
Like other awards, KPFs don't finish particularly high in BnFs. Hawkins finished 3rd in Geelongs, which was an excellent result. Here's a list of top 10s, not many on it. Carltons list isn't published, don't know where the Coleman medallist finished, but it wasn't top 3.

Like other awards, KPFs don't finish particularly high in BnFs. Hawkins finished 3rd in Geelongs, which was an excellent result. Here's a list of top 10s, not many on it. Carltons list isn't published, don't know where the Coleman medallist finished, but it wasn't top 3.

Walker 4th despite missing a lot of games, he would've easily finished top 2 if he played every game.

Mckay from Carlton would've finished fairly high, but again he's young and developing.

Hawkins 3rd

Himmelberg 6th

Dixon 9th

Riewoldt 5th

Lynch 8th

Membry 3rd

King (StK) 10th

Franklin 10th despite missing most of the season.

Most of the teams who didn't have a KPF in the top 10 literally don't have a decent KPF on their list, so it's pretty common for AFL quality KPF to finish top 10.

Walker 4th despite missing a lot of games, he would've easily finished top 2 if he played every game.

Mckay from Carlton would've finished fairly high, but again he's young and developing.

Hawkins 3rd

Himmelberg 6th

Dixon 9th

Riewoldt 5th

Lynch 8th

Membry 3rd

King (StK) 10th

Franklin 10th despite missing most of the season.

Most of the teams who didn't have a KPF in the top 10 literally don't have a decent KPF on their list, so it's pretty common for AFL quality KPF to finish top 10.
More than I noticed in my quick scan, so fair point.

Okay, Mihocek is turning 29 while Ben King is a young kid playing the #1 forward with no support. Ridiculous to compare the two, no one is saying King is a gun right now or he's underrated.
How is it ridiculous? Mihocek played a similar role with a similar lack of support and kicked nearly as many scores despite us being 18th in inside 50s. What has age got to do with the way coaches regard them?

You said that coaches must not have been happy with Mihocek's season due to his B&F result. Does that "logic" of yours not hold up elsewhere? It makes no sense to try and disregard "young and developing" key forwards in young and developing sides like Gold Coast.

How is it ridiculous? Mihocek played a similar role with a similar lack of support and kicked nearly as many scores despite us being 18th in inside 50s. What has age got to do with the way coaches regard them?

You said that coaches must not have been happy with Mihocek's season due to his B&F result. Does that "logic" of yours not hold up elsewhere? It makes no sense to try and disregard "young and developing" key forwards in young and developing sides like Gold Coast.

Because you're comparing a young kid to a seasoned veteran, young kids are not expected to finish top 10 in a BnF, senior players are. Mihocek was not the #1 forward, he definitely had more support with Cameron/Cox playing the #1 tall...

Welcome Nathan Kreuger. A lot to like about getting him, smart work by the recruiting team.

I’m still trying to get my head around the language and type of player one gets these days:

Grundy says he’s a lover not a fighter
Moore reads literary criticism
Kreuger says “Fly” has a lot of love (or words to that effect)

It’s doing my head in I tell youse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back