Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. I was really surprised we went with Johnson over Kreuger for last night's game.

Kreuger is excellent at providing an absolute war of a contest any time the ball is in his vicinity. The opposite of Johnson. AJ should never be asked to he a key forward again, his only chance is as a third tall.

Especially against Lever and May next week, we need Freddie to be able to stop them from taking marks in the backline and bring the ball to ground.

Hopefully just May and no Lever.

Need to win our next two after throwing this one away, and I find it very hard to see against Melbourne with our current infirmary.

I liked his long, accurate kicks out of deep defence when he was rucking. The kick easily cleared the 50 and lobbed into the arms of a teammate.

He has a left foot that could easily clear the defensive line and get the ball out the back to Bobby and Dr. King Schultz. Covers 70m with a drop punt like Sav used to.

Excited to see Kreuger get his opportunity next week.

You just feel that this next 5-6 weeks could be make of break (not physically, please) for him in his career.

I just hope that he stays healthy, and shows the club why he can be a long-term solution to that forward/pinch hit ruck role.

He has the athletic attributes and competitive drive to be an AFL player, although if struggles at the level/continues to get injured over this 5-6 weeks without Cox/McStay, I would not be surprised to see him delisted at seasons end.

Big few weeks for him and I think he will deliver.

He may get injured but he will definitely provide a contest, he has very good pace for a big boy and I think it has been a big setback for the club and himself him getting injured or hurt much of the time. I think but for injury he may well have cemented a position in the team,L am surprised we went with Johnson over him as his effort has always been better, Johnson although much more talented has never supplied the effort needed to succeed.

I would also like to see Reef play if available but Kruegs must start now I do not want Johnson in the team no longer he has had his chances and he has never taken them. The same could be said of Krueger but I think injury has been his biggest problem not lack of effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Kreugs plays next week. He's a gun and half our list isn't even playing! We should swap him for Johnson

Sorry, but Kreug’s is not a gun and has been repeatedly overlooked by the coaches when he is fit and we are depleted of forwards. Not just this last round against the Dogs, but in the GF too.

But he should play this week and he should replace Johnson. Because he is literally the closest we have left to anything resembling a fit and tall forward. Although hopefully he is also joined by Reef this week.

Am i being optimistic , feel like he could be a missing piece for us if he stays well and fit

He would definitely provide something positive. The only issue, and it’s a huge one, is that his body isn’t suited to rigours of the game.

It would be nice if he could overcome it for 1-2 years, at least, so he and we could get a glimpse at what he could become.

He will provide a contest in the air you would think,something that Johnson was unable to do last Friday,unfortunately.That depends on him not getting injured as well,of course.

He will provide a contest in the air you would think,something that Johnson was unable to do last Friday,unfortunately.That depends on him not getting injured as well,of course.
Maybe the trainers should carry him onto the ground so he doesn't feel the need for them to carry him off.

Kreug’s... overlooked... in the GF too.
To be fair with the Grand Final... It was a fair bit more important than this week, to risk taking a flyer on him, and he'd been in the concussion protocols as recently as Rd 20 last season, so he still did seem like a really brittle option, and the last thing you want is to bring him in and end up having use your sub early when he gets hurt.

As it was, if he'd gotten hurt in addition to Murphy, we'd have been playing a Grand Final a man down.

I think this week it's a little more reasonably to take a shot on him. Even if he got hurt and subbed out, his impact unfortunately probably wouldn't be a whole lot lower than Ash Johnson's was against the Dogs. At least Kreug's played well in the VFL, so it would be a fair rewarding of form at least, unlike Johnson, who was given a game despite not being that good in the VFL in the leadup.

If WHE and Reef are available, freddy might not even get selected
I'm starting to think this too. Maybe Fly only wants mobile forwards that can lead all the way to the wings. The big guy up front must be an adequate chop out ruck and he trusts Frampton with that task more than Krueger, even at the expense of weakening our defence. It probably depends on who the Dees have as second ruck and whether we can persevere with Dean down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back