• Half Back Flank

• Half Back Flank

• Another Ruckman

• George Castagna

• Best available, yep I knew you'd choose this one ya tool

• A hard hitter like Sonsie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stevens does look decent, but the only problem is that he’s apparently slow. We already have Hopper, Taranto, Ross, Graham, and Prestia in our midfield right now. Adding Stevens to our midfield might just about make it the slowest midfield in the league. Doesn’t bode well against teams that are adding speed like Collingwood and GWS.

Prestia looks like the only one that will retire in the next few years. Only way this pick will work is if we get rid of Graham in the next couple of years IMO.

Or just not pick him

Or just not pick him
Yeah, we probably should skip.

We might regret skipping on him as he could become a top midfielder with his ball-winning ability, but our need for speed and height is more important than just ‘potential’. We only have two picks this draft.

Kane McAuliffe​

State: South Australia
State League Club: North Adelaide
Community Club: Central Augusta
Date of Birth: 01/03/05
Height: 187cm

A powerful midfielder who wins his own ball and is a penetrating left-foot kick. Is a strong and aggressive tackler as well as being an accomplished extractor of the ball from stoppages using his clean hands and vision to set up the play. Progressed from dominating under-18 games at club level to playing seven matches at reserves level averaging 18.7 disposals. Featured among South Australia’s best in the National Championship matches against the Allies and Victoria Metro and averaged 18 disposals, 3.8 clearances and 8.5 tackles across the tournament. Showcased his power and speed at the national Draft Combine with his running vertical jump of 95cm ranking third and 2.93 seconds for the 20m spring ranking fifth.
Weapon: Power and left-foot kick
Player Comparison: Jack Crisp (Collingwood)
Never heard of him so seems a likely pick for us.

I'll tell youz what. If we don't pick at least one bloody key fwd with our picks it's gunna get real ugly real fast in here. And so it should.

And no more undersized players, half back flanks or project VFL types. Key forwards and ready mids. Simple.

The club is on notice re recruitment and it's there's to either do the simple things right, or stuff up if they want to try to outsmart themselves.

I'll tell youz what. If we don't pick at least one bloody key fwd with our picks it's gunna get real ugly real fast in here. And so it should.

And no more undersized players, half back flanks or project VFL types. Key forwards and ready mids. Simple.

The club is on notice re recruitment and it's there's to either do the simple things right, or stuff up if they want to try to outsmart themselves.
We gonna pick half back flankers. We always do.

I am not blaming Clarke and co because they have not been allowed to stuff it up

Remember when the doggies took Bont? Everyone was like WTF.

We’re obsessed by picking some rando hoping it turns out like that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when the doggies took Bont? Everyone was like WTF.

We’re obsessed by picking some rando hoping it turns out like that

I have no doubt our 1st pick everyone will be like ... Who the **** is that? Why would you not take player X? LOL

I have no doubt our 1st pick everyone will be like ... Who the * is that? Why would you not take player X? LOL

Totally. Then our rookie picks will be guns. I’m totally onboard with us trading our picks away. Apart from Jack, Cotch, Dusty and Tross why would you go to the draft

Stevens does look decent, but the only problem is that he’s apparently slow. We already have Hopper, Taranto, Ross, Graham, and Prestia in our midfield right now. Adding Stevens to our midfield might just about make it the slowest midfield in the league. Doesn’t bode well against teams that are adding speed like Collingwood and GWS.

Prestia looks like the only one that will retire in the next few years. Only way this pick will work is if we get rid of Graham in the next couple of years IMO.
Gotta take him if he's best available.
Reads good. Left footer, aggressive tackler, accumulating inside mid, super athletic, tall, clean hands. What's not to like?

We shouldn't take one just for the sake of it. They have to be worthy.

Totally. Then our rookie picks will be guns. I’m totally onboard with us trading our picks away. Apart from Jack, Cotch, Dusty and Tross why would you go to the draft
We really do suck with drafting kids early unless they are late rounders or rookies. Better off just trading them for future picks and stockpiling them for when we poach another team's star.

Last edited:
We really do suck with drafting kids early unless they are late rounders or rookies. Better off just trading them for future picks and stockpiling them for when we poach another team's star.

nah, if we did not draft Dusty some of us would probably be in a very bad place

Remove this Banner Ad

National Draft 23 - after this year we all need therapy

Back