Strategy Naughton should be our number 1 key forward

Where should Naughty prosper?

• Forward

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • Back

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just after some positive affirmation. I have had a very large bet on Mr Naughton to get the three votes in our win against Richmond in round 7. He is at $1.50 odds which I thought was a ridiculous price as it was one of the more dominant games from a player I saw for the season. Kicks 5, 9 contested marks, 10 coaches votes, masterclass. Bont kicked 3 and then played well and is paying $2.40 but surely Naughty gets the 3 here?

Gamble responsibly
How ridiculous that you can bet on the 3 votes for a game that’s already been played!

There would be a few wealthy umpires around if they were the slightest bit dishonest (E.g. if they told friends and family who to bet on).

Spot betting is a blot on the integrity of professional sport.

Just after some positive affirmation. I have had a very large bet on Mr Naughton to get the three votes in our win against Richmond in round 7. He is at $1.50 odds which I thought was a ridiculous price as it was one of the more dominant games from a player I saw for the season. Kicks 5, 9 contested marks, 10 coaches votes, masterclass. Bont kicked 3 and then played well and is paying $2.40 but surely Naughty gets the 3 here?

Gamble responsibly

These were the Ching votes that night.

Ching Rd 7: Dogs d Tigers (38 voters)

5 -
Naughton 186 votes (34 BOG's)
4 - Bontempelli: 146 votes (2 BOG's)
3 - Dunkley: 81 votes
2 - Crozier: 50 votes
1 - English: 37 votes (2 BOG's)

Others:
Daniel: 27 votes
Trengove: 18 votes
Macrae: 17 votes
Wallis: 3 votes
Cordy: 2 votes
Wood: 1 vote
B. Smith: 1 vote
Lloyd: 1 vote

Pups Rd 7 (26 voters)

3 -
Naughton: 76 votes (24 BPOG's)
2 - English: 53 votes (2 BPOG's)
1 - B. Smith: 25 votes

Others:
La. Young: 1 vote.

The "1" vote to 'Ladder' has not been included as clarification is still needed. Does not change result in any way.

Thanks for playing.

Bontempelli was absolutely outstanding that night. Immense in the first quarter and carried that through the rest of the game. It’ll be one of those two. I had Naughton BOG but Bont would be equally deserving.

With another preseason and another big body added to our forward line he will be able to kick 50 goals. Plus I don’t think he’s super good at being the shutdown type and his disposal in defensive 50 was always an issue.

You can find decent defenders from anywhere. Alex keath for example wasn’t on an AFL list until he was 23.

With his marking talents his should remain forward. Once we get more marking options he will become more dangerous. He needs another season in the gym to help absorb body contact as well.

This post has aged well, Nostradamus??

Bit of a left field thought, but can anyone see Schache as a defender? Great field kick, tall, and you'd expect his marking to improve with physical development. Might fit into our space defending zonal system? I can imagine him reading the flight of the ball better than Cordy.

Bit of a left field thought, but can anyone see Schache as a defender? Great field kick, tall, and you'd expect his marking to improve with physical development. Might fit into our space defending zonal system? I can imagine him reading the flight of the ball better than Cordy.

I cant remember who floated that idea a few months ago, but I thought it made good sense, but with Young stepping up and Keath coming, you wouldnt find space for him? Not unless he turned out to be a pretty good stopper. Who knows - maybe we dont need dougal howard after all?

Back