Knowledge

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2003
Harlem
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
MUFC, Trailblazers, Ravens
Is this out in Australia yet? Can't wait to play it but don't want to get / download the PC version.
Any one know?Cheers

Also for those who have played 2k6 which is better?

Borgsta said:
There are, gameplay is much better than the previous.
Has the NBA draft in dynasty mode improved? Last year it was so boring and also imposible to make draft picks very good players, even if u had a top 5 pick.

Wow NBA Live 06 sucks. I have been a live fan all my life and even last year played it over 2K5, but this latest one is just awful in comparison. The game isnt even free flowing which is what I love about the Live francise. If you want to stay with Live I recommend updating last years rosters and playing 05.

Borgsta said:
Wow NBA Live 06 sucks. I have been a live fan all my life and even last year played it over 2K5, but this latest one is just awful in comparison. The game isnt even free flowing which is what I love about the Live francise. If you want to stay with Live I recommend updating last years rosters and playing 05.
Yeah, I've heard similar stuff, sadly.. Borsgta, is this on PC or PS2 mate? I assume PC as the PS2 version is released a bit later this month?

Anyway, this strengthens my resolve to have a look at NBA 26K this year, if I get any of them at all... does anyone know whether it will sell for $49.95 or up to $80 or $90? Had a feeling ESPN NBA 25K was only $50... :confused:

Its on Xbox. I downloaded the game to test it out, which is basically what I do with every game.

2K6 is $39.99 according to the American website, so Australian retailers will probably sell it for $80 cos they are ****************s.

I must say, even though I'm tweaking the sliders a little but I'm still overall dissapointed with the game, and all my problems are on the defencive end

A) Steals, nearly every 3rd or 4th pass I throw seems to either be intercepted and tapped out of bounds or stolen
B) The transition defence is terrible, on a fast break each player will stick to their man often leaving the man with the ball ridicoulasly wide open for an easy lay-up
C) Offensive rebounds is also ridicoulasly high, no matter how i edit the sliders.
D) Finally, a superstar move in the low post is basically impossible to defend, I played against someone online and they just used Ben Wallace in the low-post with his dunk ability, he scored bout 15 times on me with the same move, frustrating as hell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still like it, I just drafted this aussie from Adelaide Jake Vuu and traded for his brother Haji Vuu from Thailand!

On ps2, i don't think its released till early november i have my copy from the US, top game. Some interesting changes have been made which takes a little time to get used to buts its great

Hoops_is_better said:
On ps2, i don't think its released till early november i have my copy from the US, top game. Some interesting changes have been made which takes a little time to get used to buts its great
Can you tell me what the franchise mode is like in a bit more detail? i.e. is the draft any more detailed than in previous versions? What about scouting etc?

luke2177 said:
Can you tell me what the franchise mode is like in a bit more detail? i.e. is the draft any more detailed than in previous versions? What about scouting etc?

In 2K6 the francise mode is the most in depth I've seen. You have to set up practice each week and you also get the chance to do development for players. You have 10 hours each month in which to develop the players and you have to score "points" in order to pass the development.

As for the draft, you have to hire 3 scouts and can scout anyone from the prospect list. The scouts then come back and tell you about strengths and weaknesses. The more times you scout a player the more info you know. At the end of the season you can have work outs with the players which lets you know even more and can pick up pretty good players in the 2nd round.

So a week or two on from it's release - for those who have the game, do you still find NBA Live 2006 a worthwhile investment? Is it different enough to Live 2005 to warrant a purchase?

What are the major differences in dynasty mode?

Anyone got any thoughts on this game, nearly 2 years on?

I picked it up from JB for $10 today (XBOX version) and it's not bad. I haven't played 2K6 so I have no basis of comparision, but I thought it was an improvement on 05. The dynasty functions are really good.

Anyone got any thoughts on this game, nearly 2 years on?

I picked it up from JB for $10 today (XBOX version) and it's not bad. I haven't played 2K6 so I have no basis of comparision, but I thought it was an improvement on 05. The dynasty functions are really good.

I thought '05 was a much, much better game. In fact, '05 is the only Live that I still have - '06 with its new freestyle crap was awful. Secured my permanent switch over to the 2K series.

I thought '05 was a much, much better game. In fact, '05 is the only Live that I still have - '06 with its new freestyle crap was awful. Secured my permanent switch over to the 2K series.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that 05 is better than 06 as well.

The game play in 05 is better and I like those camera angles more. I haven't checked out the dynasty play much, but as far as I can tell, the only new addition is that you can pick coaches.

I loved 05, so I think I'll be going back to that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nba Live 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Back