Personal Experience Near Death Experiences + Proof of the Afterlife

Remove this Banner Ad

StingBitten

Norm Smith Medallist
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Recently my mother-in-law passed away, during the grieving process my partner stumbled upon a Near Death Experience (shortened to NDE's) video on Youtube and was compelled by some of the insights/responses from someone who was clinically dead but returned back to life.

I watched it more out of a means of supporting my partner through the grieving process, but after watching a few of these videos I became absolutely compelled to believe that the experiences of these NDE's were real.

Here's one from a Neuroscientist.

Once you disappear down the YouTube rabbit hole, there's literally hundreds of reported NDE experiences from all different walks of life - and multiple NDE channels. What strikes me the most are some of the similar experiences reported:

• Darkness followed by a tunnel/vortex of light.
  • Being met by beings, some described as fractals of energy, others fitting the form of human bodies, religious figures etc.
  • The Life Review - many report watching their entire lives, often with these beings around them and feeling the impact of all the pain/joy they've caused and experienced through life.
  • Overwhelming feelings of love and joy, of being loved by the elemental beings.
  • Intensity of senses - i.e. colours, beauty etc.
  • Many describe locations that are similiar - fields of beautiful flowers, beings all living harmoniously together.
There's much more than similarities than this.

Here's a link to an actual research done on these participants:

What amazes me is how rational/insightful many of the people are who experienced NDE's, the impact it's made on their spiritual/religious beliefs and practices.

Has anyone deep dived into NDE's too? I'd be curious to hear other views.

On the more terrifying side, there are people who experienced hell - and their accounts are horrific. But I have no intention of deep-diving into that!

I had a NDE just a few years ago.

There was complete darkness, but it wasnt like a visual dream or a vision. It was more like an audio dream, so it was darkness because there was no visual element to it, just aural.

A greater presence ....like an angel, god, lord, or perhaps my own higher self (?) essentially talked to me, but it was not aural talk, more like telepathic communication. It essentially told me that the purpose of life is to find happiness, inner happiness. That to die in sadness, pain, guit, etc would result in an afterlife of sadness, pain, guilt, etc. So the key was to find true inner happiness in order to reach an afterlife of a state of happiness. Heaven vs Hell therefore.

But it also explained that happiness isnt based on morality/dogma as such, like religious living a life of abstinence etc, like a holy monk. Rather, life is to be lived, thats what its there for, and that "god" lives vicariously thru us, our experiences. Not like going out and ripping people off, and doing bad things, as long as it makes you happy is the same. It's not about happiness thru possessions and gain and such. Just being happy in your self, inner happiness, at peace with oneself, proud of oneself, and such. Like if you died, are you genuinely happy? Did you fulfill your dreams? Did you do things, carved out a career/life, that youre proud of. Despite all the adversities and struggles and dark times, par for the course, it's actually part of the journey otherwise genuine happiness cannot be understood or found.

It elaborated that every person's life and journey is unique or individual or subjective. The actual journey of yours is individual, so the definition of happiness is specifically different to each person. For one person it could be they lived under duress or slavery to something, so freedom and self-reliance might be the key to their happiness. For another person it could be living closed off and so reaching others thru their art and feeling a communal relationship with it is a key to their happiness. For another it could be a life of lovelessness and rejection and finding it as a key to their happiness. Etc with examples and nuances.

But it made me very aware that if i did go on and die that night, what my afterlife would be like -- immense pain and suffering, a mental/spiritual anguish way beyond the physical. Did I really want to die and go to this horrible place/state, or, return and keep trying to find happiness? I obviously "said" return.

It made it very very clear, insistent on it....that its a journey and a search, that it wouldn't be easy, no guarantees, not at all something simple, for anyone, because it's all about your deepest inner self that practically every living person isnt so connected with, we are all astray....lying and deceiving ourself blind to our ills and weaknesses, etc, its a journey of self-discovery.

Anyway, I could go on and on emphasizing but you get the gist. I came to eventually, and barely a minute or two had passed in real time, but the NDE and communication I had with that greater presence felt like hours long.

I had a NDE just a few years ago.

There was complete darkness, but it wasnt like a visual dream or a vision. It was more like an audio dream, so it was darkness because there was no visual element to it, just aural.

A greater presence ....like an angel, god, lord, or perhaps my own higher self (?) essentially talked to me, but it was not aural talk, more like telepathic communication. It essentially told me that the purpose of life is to find happiness, inner happiness. That to die in sadness, pain, guit, etc would result in an afterlife of sadness, pain, guilt, etc. So the key was to find true inner happiness in order to reach an afterlife of a state of happiness. Heaven vs Hell therefore.

But it also explained that happiness isnt based on morality/dogma as such, like religious living a life of abstinence etc, like a holy monk. Rather, life is to be lived, thats what its there for, and that "god" lives vicariously thru us, our experiences. Not like going out and ripping people off, and doing bad things, as long as it makes you happy is the same. It's not about happiness thru possessions and gain and such. Just being happy in your self, inner happiness, at peace with oneself, proud of oneself, and such. Like if you died, are you genuinely happy? Did you fulfill your dreams? Did you do things, carved out a career/life, that youre proud of. Despite all the adversities and struggles and dark times, par for the course, it's actually part of the journey otherwise genuine happiness cannot be understood or found.

It elaborated that every person's life and journey is unique or individual or subjective. The actual journey of yours is individual, so the definition of happiness is specifically different to each person. For one person it could be they lived under duress or slavery to something, so freedom and self-reliance might be the key to their happiness. For another person it could be living closed off and so reaching others thru their art and feeling a communal relationship with it is a key to their happiness. For another it could be a life of lovelessness and rejection and finding it as a key to their happiness. Etc with examples and nuances.

But it made me very aware that if i did go on and die that night, what my afterlife would be like -- immense pain and suffering, a mental/spiritual anguish way beyond the physical. Did I really want to die and go to this horrible place/state, or, return and keep trying to find happiness? I obviously "said" return.

It made it very very clear, insistent on it....that its a journey and a search, that it wouldn't be easy, no guarantees, not at all something simple, for anyone, because it's all about your deepest inner self that practically every living person isnt so connected with, we are all astray....lying and deceiving ourself blind to our ills and weaknesses, etc, its a journey of self-discovery.

Anyway, I could go on and on emphasizing but you get the gist. I came to eventually, and barely a minute or two had passed in real time, but the NDE and communication I had with that greater presence felt like hours long.

Thank you so much for this response, what an incredible and transformative experience this must have been for you - it also links in with what some other NDE experiencers go through. I like the way you've provided examples for what you believe the meanings are to these messages.

I have to be honest though - your account scares the crap out of me too. The idea of eternal hell? It's gutting to think my soul could spend eternity in pain and suffering due to the mistakes and regrets I've made in this life, it's beyond words to comprehend that many millions of souls that have perished are going through this eternal hell right now.

The immature child in me says - this isn't fair! Surely if we mess up in this life, there may be a period of learning through pain in the afterlife - and then the opportunity to try again until you get it right may present itself, reincarnating until you finally evolve. That's what I thought the truth of it all could be.... but from what you're saying that doesn't seem to be the case.

It makes me question - what if a Man living a horrible life dies at the age of 35 in a car accident, and spends his eternal life in hell and torment? What if that same man didn't die, recovered, and pledged only to good from then on - that same Man dies in his 80's a good man, someone who made amends for his wrongs, someone who atoned and spent the rest of his natural born life doing good. That man suffers eternal hell due to misfortune?

This account in particular rattles me - he's destroyed and raped by other entities in hell after he dies, prays to Jesus and then returns. If he's telling the truth, it'd make just about any non-believer to start praying for Christ on the spot.

Would be curious to hear if you have any additional thoughts on these matters.

Thank you so much for this response, what an incredible and transformative experience this must have been for you - it also links in with what some other NDE experiencers go through. I like the way you've provided examples for what you believe the meanings are to these messages.

I have to be honest though - your account scares the crap out of me too. The idea of eternal hell? It's gutting to think my soul could spend eternity in pain and suffering due to the mistakes and regrets I've made in this life, it's beyond words to comprehend that many millions of souls that have perished are going through this eternal hell right now.

The immature child in me says - this isn't fair! Surely if we mess up in this life, there may be a period of learning through pain in the afterlife - and then the opportunity to try again until you get it right may present itself, reincarnating until you finally evolve. That's what I thought the truth of it all could be.... but from what you're saying that doesn't seem to be the case.

It makes me question - what if a Man living a horrible life dies at the age of 35 in a car accident, and spends his eternal life in hell and torment? What if that same man didn't die, recovered, and pledged only to good from then on - that same Man dies in his 80's a good man, someone who made amends for his wrongs, someone who atoned and spent the rest of his natural born life doing good. That man suffers eternal hell due to misfortune?

This account in particular rattles me - he's destroyed and raped by other entities in hell after he dies, prays to Jesus and then returns. If he's telling the truth, it'd make just about any non-believer to start praying for Christ on the spot.

Would be curious to hear if you have any additional thoughts on these matters.

That is a good argument, how unfair it is that someone can spend eternity in "hell" thru no real fault of their own.

Maybe there are instances when "god" decides to give people a second chance, or a reprieve, due to such extenuating circumstances. I would say its a safe bet.

But for people like you and me who live an everyday lifetime, without such circumstances, all I can do is implore you (and anyone else who believes my story).....try your hardest to find genuine happiness, inner peace. And really try to reconnect with your innermost self, to understand your specific cross to bear in life, so that you can understand what happiness/peace woud mean for you.

That is a good argument, how unfair it is that someone can spend eternity in "hell" thru no real fault of their own.

Maybe there are instances when "god" decides to give people a second chance, or a reprieve, due to such extenuating circumstances. I would say its a safe bet.

But for people like you and me who live an everyday lifetime, without such circumstances, all I can do is implore you (and anyone else who believes my story).....try your hardest to find genuine happiness, inner peace. And really try to reconnect with your innermost self, to understand your specific cross to bear in life, so that you can understand what happiness/peace woud mean for you.

Thanks for this elaboration. When you mention 'cross to bear', do you mean overcoming the most critical challenges facing oneself? For example, for some people it's addiction, or lying, or cheating etc.

Have you had any revitalised (or vitalised) faith in God and/or Jesus?

The interesting thing for me are that the NDE's are predominantly Western/American anecdotes... I wonder what people from the Buddhist/Hindu/Jewish faith would say when they pass over - would they see Jesus too? Or some other deity.

I wonder if those who've suffered in hell for thousands of year, can somehow reach out and request to be saved.

Thanks for this elaboration. When you mention 'cross to bear', do you mean overcoming the most critical challenges facing oneself? For example, for some people it's addiction, or lying, or cheating etc.

Have you had any revitalised (or vitalised) faith in God and/or Jesus?

The interesting thing for me are that the NDE's are predominantly Western/American anecdotes... I wonder what people from the Buddhist/Hindu/Jewish faith would say when they pass over - would they see Jesus too? Or some other deity.

I wonder if those who've suffered in hell for thousands of year, can somehow reach out and request to be saved.
Cross to bear....lying, cheating, etc is not it. Rather, t's something that goes deeper, like something that was written into your fate even before you were born. It IS about overcoming critical personal challenges, but they are subconscious, deep-seated, eluding people without great effort to figure it out.

I can liken it to my people's concept of Vision Quest. When you go on that spiritual journey, you unlock what your purpose in life is via an almost out of body experience in the wilderness, finding your soul-animal, and understanding that relationship. It takes great effort and deep introspection.

So kinda similar to that in degree of difficulty.

Like those examples I gave in my first post, where someone has to understand what exactly Life is making them suffer, so that they can hurdle it.

I had a revitalized faith in Jesus a few years before the NDE, but I've never been one to go full-on, preaching to strangers, going to Bible groups, getting brainwashed by a pastor and a church etc. Religion/spirituality, for me, has always been something that is or should be purely personal. But theres always that side of me, the conspiracy theorist, who questions history, etc.

I believe and i have my moments of faith, but im not a stickler. Plus, that NDE really changed my outlook on Christianity, dogma, morality, etc. Life is to be lived. Also, I believe Jesus was more Gnostic than Christian. Gnosticism all about a journey of self-discovery. Read up on it.

Yeah good point about Hibdus etc. I wonder ehst their NDEs are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back