News New Crows Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

I still maintain mine is better than what they went for, but I can understand the idea of trying to distance from that a bit and change things up. That being said, some concepts I’ve seen do it better than me and what the Crows are considering. That one with the SA map and the Zoops style crow is fantastic, but might not fit modern logo conventions.
Mine for reference:

I really like the guernsey in the last pic with Keays.

Yeah just doesn’t look right. The red and yellow parts cutting into the shape of the wing make it seem like half of it is missing. “Clipped wings” perhaps? That’s some Freo anchor tier symbolism right there.

The general shape is OK though if you colour them in.

View attachment 2123131

See now this is progress, I feel like the trail wedge is way to big and makes the body look weird, as well as the wing slits

I’m well aware of my sub par editing skills but if someone did this up better than me, I feel like it’s another step in the right direction, working with what there is obviously, thoughts?
knockout.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'll just say it straight, the logo is unfixable. The shape of it is the main issue, it's just hard to really make out what is even happening with it or what it is. I'd hate to throw the AI-generated accusation around again but it's so hard to comprehend how a professional could design such a thing with how bizarre the shaping of it is. Obviously they are going for the look of the original crow, but funnily enough they've kept the worst thing about it; the robo-claw feet, and thrown out essentially everything else that made that logo awesome.

I'm starting to lose hope in the future of professional graphic design after seeing this and the Tasmania logos. How is it getting this bad? what happened?

Anyway, I've had my own go at it which combines the current logo with the 2000s one
1727428581050.png 1727428644751.png

I'll just say it straight, the logo is unfixable. The shape of it is the main issue, it's just hard to really make out what is even happening with it or what it is. I'd hate to throw the AI-generated accusation around again but it's so hard to comprehend how a professional could design such a thing with how bizarre the shaping of it is. Obviously they are going for the look of the original crow, but funnily enough they've kept the worst thing about it; the robo-claw feet, and thrown out essentially everything else that made that logo awesome.

I'm starting to lose hope in the future of professional graphic design after seeing this and the Tasmania logos. How is it getting this bad? what happened?

Anyway, I've had my own go at it which combines the current logo with the 2000s one
View attachment 2123744View attachment 2123745
Lol

This is what the club actually should have done. This looks great 👍

View attachment 2123744

2D into 3D? Looks very awkward.

Maybe it's actually the first 4-dimensional logo and our puny 3D brains just can't comprehend the sheer genius of it.

I really like the guernsey in the last pic with Keays.
Greatly appreciated. There was a bit of divided opinion on the Crows board when the concept was shared there, but seemed like more in favour than against. One of the main arguments against it was that the jumper has been the way it has been since you guys started so I can understand keeping it, but the darkened vibe of the whole kit just feels so much nicer to me. For the same reason I much prefer Port’s current home jumper over the SBS jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Crows Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back