New Norwood coach....

Remove this Banner Ad

Docker_Brat said:
Does coaching experience matter? This coaching apprenticeship concept is a product of recent times.

I didn't say it did matter I was just curious if he had done coaching before!

Not sure what's been happening with the norwood coaching search. About a month ago the strong tip was Andy Lovell from over in WA. Then Lovell quit East Perth so it looked likely. Then yesterday the word was Stevie Wright had the job and today Dale Lewis is announced as the coach.

I would have thought Phil Carman would have been in the mix considering the fantastic job he did resurrecting the double blues. Anyway, its done now and we've already signed Zorzi from the VFL so lets hope Lewis will be given better support with recruiting than they gave to Macca.

Jimmy said:
didnt dale lewis get into a bit of trouble last year or the year before when he released a book or made a statement about drug use???

Yes - he said it was either recreational or performance enhancing drugs that were "rife" in the AFL. Did not endear himself to his peers.
The key to his appointment was his interview answers to "pump norwood up" the ladder, and "scoring" more frequently in 2005

The one thing I will say about Dale Lewis is that he has excellent communication skills - a big tick for a prospective coach. His media work since retirement has been quite tidy.

If anyone cares, he was the kicking coach at the Melbourne Storm this year. So he has had SOME experience with directing players. And some more trivia for all you buffs, was that he came 4th in a tipping comp in Port Melb. Ummmm...also not the smartest bloke i've met, just look at the boots he wore in the legends game!

Judging by the time, which features in the right hand corner of each post, I guess I would have found out at about 3.15 on Friday afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

New Norwood coach....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back