Competitions New Ultimate Footy Keeper League

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 9, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've created a new Keeper league, called Keeper Dynasty 2022 for those wanting the opportunity to recruit from scratch. Entry is by invitation only at this stage, depending on interest.

League will be Category Based and limited to 12 coaches. Squads will be 45 comprising 5 Backs, 7 Centres, 5 Forwards, 1 Ruck and 2 Utilities with an emergency for each (5), plus a reserve bench of 20.

Draft is intended for Sunday 6 March at 7 pm(live online). As there will be 540 picks, I have limited pick time to 1 minute but draft will still probably take 2 - 3 hours. I apologize in advance for this but it seems the best option - coaches unable to attend draft can set their pre-draft rankings.

Before the start of the following season, coaches will be able to nominate players they wish to keep from their squad (probably around 35) and also trade players and pick swaps with other coaches. There are currently 5 vacant coaching slots, so if interested enter as soon as possible.

Invitation to be part of this new keeper league is as follows:

Join my Ultimate Footy League, Keeper Dynasty 2022

Ultimate Footy is the first AFL fantasy website offering category based scoring and live online drafts, 100% free. Register now and experience the future of Fantasy Footy today.
ultimatefooty.com.au

If interested, please enter early as I will delete league if not enough interest.

You can join by clicking on the link in the above post. It's not on the list because I've made it BY Invite Only, so not for general public at this stage.
You're most welcome to join:)
Dogs in Space has joined the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, near the end of the draft order, but that means I get two picks close together. Interesting choices ahead.
Yes, I know how you feel - I'm also at your end of the draft. At least draft is in reverse snake order, so we get high picks in Round 2, 4, etc.

Will this competition become a Keeper league?
Yes, that is the intention. We'll be able to trade players and draft picks in the off season etc, so hopefully all coaches will return each year.
I actually run another keeper league (now in 3rd year) and it seems to work well. After first year we lost 4 coaches and then replaced another 2 who weren't nominating keepers etc, but after 2nd year we had 9 returning coaches, so only needed to replace 3.
To keep the league relatively even, after the 1st year we keep around a maximum of 35 keepers and conduct the draft for the remaining players in reverse ladder order from the year before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back