New Worst Decision Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by stan stafford
Nice to see that nothing ever changes at Moorabin.The same old pathetic whingeing about umpires:even the coach carries on the tradition.The only reason the tragic Linton street filth bother going to the footy is to hurl abuse at the umpires at half time and at the end of the match,and yet cheer off their second rate football team.What a fu**in joke you are!!

why else would you go to the football if you couldn't abuse the umpires and cheer off your football team? maybe you have forgotten what it's like stan as you sit on the deck of your house boat and watch the swannies through the bottom of a chardonay glass.

Nice to see that nothing ever changes at Moorabin.The same old pathetic whingeing about umpires:even the coach carries on the tradition.The only reason the tragic Linton street filth bother going to the footy is to hurl abuse at the umpires at half time and at the end of the match,and yet cheer off their second rate football team.What a fu**in joke you are!!

Go & **** yourself. :D

Pathetic attempt at Troll newbie tool.

How about Scott Lucas's goal Saturday night? Why on earth was that not allowed? Had the umpire not already called play on? :confused: :mad: Especially as earlier up the other end, the Collingwood guy missed the goal from a free and got another shot! :mad:

Re: Re: New Worst Decision Award

Originally posted by StrengthThroughLoyalty

the play on rule is often an unfair advantage to the side getting the free kick. the opposition player who would normally have a chance to chase or tackle stops when he hears the whistle allowing an uncontested passage for the player who earnt the free kick. a better way would be to not blow the whistle and just signal play on. however this is a new skill that the umpires would have to learn and they can't handle the interpretations of the laws as they are.

for the 20th week in a row, we were robbed by the maggots and i won't be convinced differently by anyone. :D ;)

I can see why you were annoyed by the Goodes decision. Whether or not it was technically within the rules of the game, I thought the amount of advantage that Goodes got was too great. Not his fault mind - he was just alert to the situation and made the most of it.

I do think its pushing it a bit to say the Saints were robbed. If they had played decent footy in the first half the game might have amounted to something. As it was, by the time they woke up and started playing the Swans had gone into a slumber. No excuses for their performance but I always felt they had just enough in reserve.

The Swans did receive some pretty soft frees in the first and the Saints levelled the score in the second half with some odd decisions that went their way. So I guess it evened out in the end.

I totally agree with BSD's assessment - some very strange footy was played in a game when it was really difficult to care about who won.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Worst Decision Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Back