NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

It's good to read what's going on here in regards to finals (I follow Mernda with some interest as my family has strong ties to the club, but I have a soft spot for Panton Hill as I used to live there), but I was wondering does it look like it's going to be a Panton Hill/Mernda Grand Final ?.

I've only seen Mernda play once this year (against Reservoir at Mernda and it was a tough game in bad conditions), so I can't base that on anything, but I was wondering what are the Strengths & Weaknesses for both Panton Hill & Mernda ?, and do Reservoir or St Mary's have a chance to cause some upsets ?.

I hope to make the journey to see the Grand Final on the 8th (hopefully Mernda makes it, but if Panton Hill make it then it's all good), and I hope that the conditions aren't too bad for you down there (up here it's great, dry decks and no mud ;))

Mernda need a small forward, say Tim Anderson, to replace Tommy Felle. Tom hasnt done a great deal up forward in his couple of games this year. It beats me why young Ando hasnt been back in the senior side eversince his 12 goal haul in the 2's.

It doesn't matter if Ando(though when he was in he was playing 10 mins a game, what i saw anyway) is in the side or not they will still win it, but having said that there are a few other two's players that should have been in the side before Tommy Felle(and a few others) but that is the standand of D3 that Mernda can get away with better players still playing in the twos, having said that I hope he shows us all up in the finals

My only post re the Finals and so:

1st Semi- Reservoir will smash St Marys
2nd Semi- Mernda far too strong on a great ground,away from the mud will run the slower,aging , heavier PH off their legs,Mernda by 7 -10 goals
Preliminary- Reservoir on a roll and full of confidence by 13 pts against Panton Hill
Grand Final - Mernda (as I have said from the Start) will beat Reservoir by 44 pts, to go back to D2

Seniors - Fist Semi Final.
Reservoir vs St Mary's - A six-win gap between these probably tells it all and the Mustangs should be able to comfortably get ove rthe Lower Burra Sainters and head to next weeks Preliminary Final with plenty of confidence.

Seniors - Second Semi Final.
Panton Hill vs Mernda - Plenty of talk about why the premiership favourite Demons will be first into the big one, but the Redbacks finishe don top for a reason and think the wise old heads may just prevail in what should be an entertaining game - weather permitting.

Reserves - First Semi Final.
Reservoir vs Panton HIll - A win each during the season although the Mustangs got the Redbacks when they were struggling with injuries and giving the Redbacks the nod.
Reserves - Second Semi Final.
Mernda vs St Mary's - The unbeaten Demons shouldn't have too many issues taking care of the Lower Burra Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

will reservoir beat st marys in the 2nds? and panton hill to take on mernda in the 1s? whats people predictions?

I should have clarified, only post for the One's finals, yes Resa will beat St Marys in the two's, will have full list to pick from as they have both sides playing, then unfortunatley for Mernda they will beat them in the two's.

I should have clarified, only post for the One's finals, yes Resa will beat St Marys in the two's, will have full list to pick from as they have both sides playing, then unfortunatley for Mernda they will beat them in the two's.
I think you will find Panton Hill beat Resa in the two's yesterday, so will be playing St Marys next week......

I think you will find Panton Hill beat Resa in the two's yesterday, so will be playing St Marys next week......

Just went on the Sunday night results on the NFL web, but won;t make any difference, just like I never rated Panton Hill in the ones, I don;t rate, since about Rd 11 the Mernda two's, will lose to Panton Hill in the Granny by a fair margin, especially if they play like they did on Sat, surprised they could name any as best, besides No.11, the others mmm, though a few satyed a little too long on the bench for my liking to make any impact when they went on, as St Marys had most of the momentum, and what is with No.5,lower your eyes son....

Watched Mernda and Panton Hill on the weekend. And even though mernda ran all over them I believe it was all to do with the small forwards. Caused mayhem down there mopping up after the talls who were in my opinion very poor. For Mernda to win the premiership I believe the big fellas need to step up.

Just went on the Sunday night results on the NFL web, but won;t make any difference, just like I never rated Panton Hill in the ones, I don;t rate, since about Rd 11 the Mernda two's, will lose to Panton Hill in the Granny by a fair margin, especially if they play like they did on Sat, surprised they could name any as best, besides No.11, the others mmm, though a few satyed a little too long on the bench for my liking to make any impact when they went on, as St Marys had most of the momentum, and what is with No.5,lower your eyes son....

always happy what are you talking about in the post "Mernda Disappointment" your talking about a mernda premiership, here your saying they nothing since round 11.. make up your mind...

st marys will beat panton hill this week anyway

Watched Mernda and Panton Hill on the weekend. And even though mernda ran all over them I believe it was all to do with the small forwards. Caused mayhem down there mopping up after the talls who were in my opinion very poor. For Mernda to win the premiership I believe the big fellas need to step up.
Agreed, the inclusion of Anderson was soorly needed earlier than this game. The smalls have been very good. If the talls fire up, which really is only a small part of the equation, its all over for any opposition.

always happy what are you talking about in the post "Mernda Disappointment" your talking about a mernda premiership, here your saying they nothing since round 11.. make up your mind...

st marys will beat panton hill this week anyway
What it says, if you read it properly" I don;t rate, since about Rd 11 the Mernda two's, will lose to Panton Hill in the Granny" i even underlined it for you

Agreed, the inclusion of Anderson was soorly needed earlier than this game. The smalls have been very good. If the talls fire up, which really is only a small part of the equation, its all over for any opposition.

Come on everyone, you all know: Mernda had this flag in the bag before the season started, the NFL knew it so did all the other D3 sides

What it says, if you read it properly" I don;t rate, since about Rd 11 the Mernda two's, will lose to Panton Hill in the Granny" i even underlined it for you

1 would think the Mernda two's would be more of a favourite than the 1s, how can u not rate them? and since rd 11 u say, rd 11 was a mernda home victory against st marys, the most convincing win they had against st marys for the 4 games they played for the year?

The talls are very poor at Mernda what football are you watching the Mernda talls have no match up every week they just run around and do as they please but then again I am no expert like yourself I just personally havnt seen them beaten all year

Seniors - Preliminary Final.
Panton Hill vs Reservoir. The Redbacks were disappointing last week while the Mustangs were made to work hard for their win and expect the Redbacks to bounce back strongly for a close win.

Reserves - First Semi Final.
St Mary's vs Panton HIll

All the best to both teams today - looking forward to finding out who we play next week! Probably think Panton Hill will win, that would be a pretty good Grand Final if that were the case.

As for the Reserves, I think St Mary's will get up, they were pretty close to beating us last week and a Grand Final for them would be just reward for finishing top two.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back