NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Here we go .................

Seniors - Grand Final.
Mernda vs Panton Hill. Good to see the two form teams of the division playing off for the right to move up a level. The Demons were way to slick for a stumbling Redbacks last time and if they don't get over-confident should clam the big prize.

Reserves - Grand Final.
Mernda vs St Mary's.

In any case, it should be a good game (pity about the weather, I hope it clears and that there's a clear day for some good footy) in the Seniors and since there's little seperating the two sides, it'll be down to a bit of luck, and I reckon that Mernda have the luck this year. If that happens, I hope that Panton Hill join Mernda in Division Two in 2014 (If Mernda lose, well at least the title's going to a club that deserves it as much as Mernda).

P.S Good luck Tommy, it's your time to finally get premiership for Mernda.

What a great day :hearts:

To win both premierships, plus the netball premiership, within 24 hours is such a great achievement. The reserves were fantastic. They really set it up in the second quarter when they protected the five goal lead they had against the wind, quite heroic. Woolly really stood out early and was on fire to begin with and that's why he was best on. Will admit, Robbie Barbara and Michael Milner were pretty close themselves.

Then the seniors... wow what an effort. Thought it was going to be a long game when Panton Hill banged the first three goals through but to outscore them 19 goals to three afterwards was a brilliant effort. Shame that Saddo couldn't play out the game with his injury. I didn't exactly see what happened. Reesy was brilliant, he brought us back into the game almost singlehandedly in the second quarter. Though Aqua and Hutchy were pretty close to best on.

12 months of hard work has culminated to being back where we belong. And **** has it been worth it.

What a finish by mernda blew panton hill away!...great effort and well done
I thought Aqua was by a mile BOG!,He dragged mernda back into the game of his own boot
34,35,36 and 45 were damaging also!
apologies for not remembering names!
Mernda will be very dangerous with this line up in Div 2.
I had Panton Hill to win by 3 points and when they jumped mernda by 30 odd points in the first i thought they could runaway with it!

I thought Aqua was by a mile BOG!,He dragged mernda back into the game of his own boot
Aqua was a fair call for BOG, but Reesy was damaging in that second quarter. Almost as if he brought his own footy.

Luke Howard

David Hutchinson

Luke Drakes

Joel O'Reilly

Mernda will be very dangerous with this line up in Div 2.
I had Panton Hill to win by 3 points and when they jumped mernda by 30 odd points in the first i thought they could runaway with it!

I hope so. My breakeven is 6-9 wins next year for the club. I was concerned when the Redbacks kicked the first three goals. But that bounce from Hutchy's goal really turned the game. Brought us right back into it. Had we been 15 points down instead of nine we'd be in trouble. Glad we managed to put it together in the second, third and last quarters though.

In the meantime... savour this lads

Guess money doesn't buy flags. How about the flog in front of the camera? So pumped they won the flag, don't have to play on their disgustingly bad ground.

the bloke that did smash him number 17 for panton hill is an absolute disgrace and should never be seen in this football league again. no place for such disgusting acts to happen on the football field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Div 3 B&F favourites?

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Rohan Davies got up, perhaps Joffa Byron and Will Box might be up there, will be interesting.

Our vote count is at the club Friday night, think Roh will get up, Reesy, Aqua, Joel O'Reilly and Hutchy to complete the top five IMO.

watch out for jake o'donnel in the mernda seniors, had a fantastic season.

who you think will win the reserves?

Div 3 B&F favourites?

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Rohan Davies got up, perhaps Joffa Byron and Will Box might be up there, will be interesting.

Our vote count is at the club Friday night, think Roh will get up, Reesy, Aqua, Joel O'Reilly and Hutchy to complete the top five IMO.
I would doubt Byron would win, too reliant on other players feeding him the ball. Shut down the supply, Byron is useless.

watch out for jake o'donnel in the mernda seniors, had a fantastic season.

who you think will win the reserves?

You're absolutely right, O'Donnell's had a great second half of the season.

As for the reserves... it's harder because it's been more a team effort instead of one player standing out. I have mentioned Shaun Silman more often than not in the Murmurs, but he was injured for a while... reckon Chris Zab or Shane Martin are chances.

Was actually very very close and all were in the top six. Only one I missed out was Howie who shared the Best and Fairest with Rohan, which in his first season with the club is a great achievement. Hutchy finished in 2nd, and Joel O'Reilly, who I penciled in for a big season all the way back in November, delivered and came 3rd. I think Reesy and Aqua were around 4th-6th, sandwiching Robbo who was amazing considering he played about four or five games and polled votes at will.

Robbie Barbara won the reserves B&F, a great effort, and Rhys Lawrence took out the U/19s.

Get around my 1000th post LOL

Congrats to the league best and fairest winners:

Reserves Division 3: Brett Aldred from Panton Hill
Seniors Division 3: Rohan Davies from Mernda

Seniors Division 3: Rohan Davies from Mernda

Really happy that Rohan has won the best and fairest, had a magnificent season, great leader, great bloke! Deserves all the accolades he has had this season - premiership player, premiership captain, equal club best and fairest, division best and fairest. He's still 22, and I reckon he's going to get a whole lot better. Gun.

Divvy 3 Team of the Year

B: Haydock (Panton Hill) Gresham (Parkside) Lucci (St Mary's)
HB: Docherty (Reservoir) Box (Panton Hill) Bennett (Watsonia)
C: Mclean-Brunton (Heidelberg West) Hockey (Parkside) Buckley (Watsonia)
HF: Flavel (Reservoir) O'Meara (Reservoir) Ronalds (St Mary's)
F: Bennett (Parkside) Byron (Panton Hill) O'Connor (Panton Hill)
R: Kreymborg (Panton Hill) Skinner (Reservoir) Davies (Mernda)
I/C: Atkins (Mernda) Costanzo (St Mary's) Hutchinson (Mernda) Rooney (Reservoir)
Coach: Brett Wilson (Mernda)

Good team, that. Well done to Roh, Tim, Hutchy and Willo.

Divvy 3 Team of the Year

B: Haydock (Panton Hill) Gresham (Parkside) Lucci (St Mary's)
HB: Docherty (Reservoir) Box (Panton Hill) Bennett (Watsonia)
C: Mclean-Brunton (Heidelberg West) Hockey (Parkside) Buckley (Watsonia)
HF: Flavel (Reservoir) O'Meara (Reservoir) Ronalds (St Mary's)
F: Bennett (Parkside) Byron (Panton Hill) O'Connor (Panton Hill)
R: Kreymborg (Panton Hill) Skinner (Reservoir) Davies (Mernda)
I/C: Atkins (Mernda) Costanzo (St Mary's) Hutchinson (Mernda) Rooney (Reservoir)
Coach: Brett Wilson (Mernda)

Good team, that. Well done to Roh, Tim, Hutchy and Willo.
I reckon Cawsey was stiff in not getting into that backline. In the 5 games we met Panton hill, Byron kicked only 5 goals.

I reckon Cawsey was stiff in not getting into that backline. In the 5 games we met Panton hill, Byron kicked only 5 goals.

Yeah he was wasn't he! Cawsey had a great season marshalling the best defense in the division, they conceded only 50 points a game, no team scored 100 on us - highest score was 86 twice!

Yeah he was wasn't he! Cawsey had a great season marshalling the best defense in the division, they conceded only 50 points a game, no team scored 100 on us - highest score was 86 twice!

Yep he can play and would appear to be a bit unlucky....

Wouldn't worry about how many goals Byron kicked on him.... Round 2 Joffa played midfield the whole game.... At Cracknell Joffa didn't played ..... Back at Mernda we played in 20cms of Mud.... Finals your man did a great job on Joffa....

Yep he can play and would appear to be a bit unlucky....

Wouldn't worry about how many goals Byron kicked on him.... Round 2 Joffa played midfield the whole game.... At Cracknell Joffa didn't played ..... Back at Mernda we played in 20cms of Mud.... Finals your man did a great job on Joffa....

so really Joffa dominated the other sides, but had nothing on the best side?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 3 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back