NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

On the HS running article about recruits they have picked up:

Mackenzie Hogg: A significant coup for Macleod, securing the services of the former Northern Knights forward and one-time Carlton father-son prospect. Hogg was a mainstay in Heidelberg’s senior line-up for much of 2023, playing eight games and kicking 11 goals. However, he was forced back to reserve grade at the business end of the season and was a part of the Tigers reserves premiership – winning the grand final medal in the process.

Darcy Hogg: Joins his brother Mackenzie at DeWinton Park, jumping across from Old Carey in the VAFA. The midfield-forward remains listed at Carlton having come through the Blues’ father-son academy and Northern Knights.

Reece Jones: The rangy defender steps up to NFNL Division 1 from Division 2 finalist South Morang. Jones proved himself one of the most reliable defenders in Division 3 and 2 with the Lions and is more than capable on the rebound. Played 19 games in 2022, including South’s premiership win, but was restricted to just seven games this season.

Sam Richards: Made 11 appearances, all in the reserves, for VAFA Premier C club Old Carey this season after five senior and 10 reserve grade matches in 2022. Will add critical midfield depth for the Kangas.

Max Razums: Made two senior appearances for Old Carey in VAFA Premier C this season but spent most of the season in the reserves, kicking 12 goals in 12 games. The 6’3 utility will be a handy addition.

Cooper Clark: The former Heidelberg under-19s returns to the NFNL after a season with Wodonga Raiders in the Ovens and Murray league. Clark played 16 games, all in reserve grade, in 2023. Trained with the Kangas between trips to Wodonga last season so is already familiar to his new teammates.

Max Childs: The former Richmond NGA prospect arrives at DeWinton Park from Murray league club Echuca. Childs played 11 senior games, kicked four goals and earned a mention in the best four times this season. A pacey and clean-skilled midfield-forward.

Jake Hodgkin: Came through the ranks at Ovens and Murray club Wodonga Raiders but played for Tallangatta District outfit Mitta United this season, featuring in all 18 games and kicking 16 goals. Can play at either end of the ground and even through the middle, which will make him a valuable addition to Craig Hayes’ whiteboard.
stinks of relegation.

Yep, the league missed a trick with that one.

Should be a 5:10pm start. Give everyone half an hour to commute over from other grounds.

North Heid should ask for this to be pushed back.
Only issue is council regs sometimes don’t allow it. Maybe that’s the issue as it’s quite residential and we wouldn’t want people to enjoy their Saturday night.

Should be a 5:10pm start. Give everyone half an hour to commute over from other grounds.

Clubs are the ones that request/suggest start times for any game changes, not the league. So maybe Nth asked for a twilight game due to the local resident considerations?

Chump.

That means the game would be finishing around 7.30pm. You'd be really eating into that suburbs primetime B&E hours, so I can see why they wanted an earlier start

That means the game would be finishing around 7.30pm. You'd be really eating into that suburbs primetime B&E hours, so I can see why they wanted an earlier start

No idea what B&E Hours are but yeah i understand all the points being raised here. Just a shame the times overlap with others games. I see Ivanhoe have a 6:30pm kick off early in the year for one of their home games, so some clubs must get the go-ahead for it.

No idea what B&E Hours are but yeah i understand all the points being raised here. Just a shame the times overlap with others games. I see Ivanhoe have a 6:30pm kick off early in the year for one of their home games, so some clubs must get the go-ahead for it.
Generally, as long as you are finished by 9pm then the games can be played at night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back