NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It happened. Couldn’t remember the exact wording from the who told me at the club. But his last words were, I’m out.

What’s upset you? You know otherwise

It didn’t happen. What you have been told is not right. He was annoyed at the loss given the solid performance from the previous week, it would be weird if he wasn’t. He left the ground quickly for sure. No one heard what your source heard. He was in pretty good spirits at the bowling night last night with all the boys, didn’t seem to be heading out the door too quick.

North were lucky Boomer retired at a time that could pick them back up. Don’t see Bundoora having the same opportunity.
Before Boomer arrived the current President had the wheels in motion the previous 18 months - wiped the debt & slashed player payments to a more sustainable level. Boomer created excitement around the place that led to a flag & crowds were up but not to a level that revenue covered the cracks. Plenty of hard work increasing sponsorship & sustained success still to this day a T5 senior team & ensuring they are a well organised club.

Quality person if thats the case.
What was Scotland told in the interview? We’ve been gutted and have the worst ressies in the NFNL and close to the worst 19s with no Juniors?

I’ll play the devils advocate and say probably not. He was probably sold on a job and Bundoora has failed to deliver.

What was Scotland told in the interview? We’ve been gutted and have the worst ressies in the NFNL and close to the worst 19s with no Juniors?

I’ll play the devils advocate and say probably not. He was probably sold on a job and Bundoora has failed to deliver.
Noy doubting that would have been the sell but if he had done his research he would know what was going on there.

My point is he has been moved on by Clubs after winning Premierships and now when clubs arent successful he jumps ship? Why not try and turn things around or is he only able to coach ( Instruct ) quality teams?

Last edited:

It's on all parties to do their due diligence - I'm sure many of us with no affiliation to Bundoora knew their depths was non-existent, and several of their key players were leaving, before Scotland had signed on as senior coach.

Scotland has moved on pretty quickly from a couple of coaching appointments hasn't he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's on all parties to do their due diligence - I'm sure many of us with no affiliation to Bundoora knew their depths was non-existent, and several of their key players were leaving, before Scotland had signed on as senior coach.

Scotland has moved on pretty quickly from a couple of coaching appointments hasn't he?
Of course.. but if the club said we have these recruits lined up and fail to deliver then they’ve let the coach down. It’s happened.

From HS.

Who has produced the biggest performances of the NFNL Division 1 season so far?​

We’ve delved into the stats to find the biggest individual performances of the NFNL Division 1 season with three reaching the magical 200 mark.
The biggest performances of the NFNL Division 1 season so far.
These blokes have had some serious leather poisoning.
We’ve delved into the Premier Data stats to find the biggest performances of the NFNL Division 1 season.
Three players have reached the magical 200-point barrier.
All 10 clubs have at least one representative in the top- 25 scores.
Montmorency gun Nash Holmes has delivered three of the outstanding matches, while Bundoora’s Sam Green and Luke Bunker of Heidelberg have two each.
West Preston-Lakeside have given up the most with five against and North Heidelberg four, while Heidelberg is the only club not to concede a top score.

JESSE KING (Bundoora)
Ranking Points
: 157, Round 2 v Greensborough
40 disposals, 55 per cent efficiency, 18 contested possessions, 9 clearances, 10 marks, 6 tackles, five score involvements

SAM GREEN (Bundoora)
Ranking Points
: 158, Round 6 v West Preston-Lakeside
25 disposals, 72 per cent efficiency, 14 contested possessions, 5 clearances, 9 marks, 6 intercept marks, 3 tackles, 9 1%ers, 4 score involvements

JACK JOHNSTON (Greensborough)
Ranking Points
: 158, Round 7 v Hurstbridge
31 disposals, 68 per cent efficiency, 11 contested possessions, 10 intercept possessions, 10 marks, 4 intercept marks, 2 tackles, 5 score involvements

JACK SAMMARTINO (Banyule)
Ranking Points
: 158, Round 4 v Montmorency
27 disposals, 78 per cent efficiency, 10 contested possessions, 7 clearances, 9 marks, 9 tackles, 5 score involvements, 1.0

MATT McINERNEY (Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 159, Round 1 v North Heidelberg
27 disposals, 78 per cent efficiency, 10 intercept possessions, 12 marks, four intercept marks, 8 1%ers

RILEY LOTON (Banyule)
Ranking Points
: 159, Round 1 v Macleod
34 disposals, 88 per cent efficiency, 5 marks, 10 clearances, 6 tackles, 4 frees for, 9 score involvements, 0.2

SAM GREEN (Bundoora)
Ranking Points
: 160, Round 4 v North Heidelberg

29 disposals, 69 per cent efficiency, 10 marks, 4 tackles, 15 hitouts, four score involvements, 2.0
NASH HOLMES (Montmorency)

Ranking Points
: 161, Round 8 v Greensborough
29 disposals, 69 per cent efficiency, 18 contested possessions, 13 clearances, 5 marks, 9 tackles, 10 score involvements, 3.1

MATT HARMAN (West Preston-Lakeside)
Ranking Points
: 162, Round 8 v Banyule
22 disposals, 73 per cent efficiency, 12 contested possessions, 8 marks, 3 intercept marks, 8 tackles 41 hitouts, 7 to advantage, 7 1%ers, 6 score involvements

LUKE BUNKER (Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 163, Round 8 v Eltham
33 disposals, 67 per cent efficiency, 21 contested possessions, 11 clearances, 9 marks, 8 tackles, 6 score involvements, 2.0

LIAM HUNT (North Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 163, Round 4 v Bundoora
37 disposals, 78 per cent efficiency, 21 contested possessions, 11 clearances, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 6 score involvements, 1.0

JESSE DONALDSON (Eltham)
Ranking Points
: 164, Round 2 v Macleod
37 disposals, 70 per cent efficiency, 17 contested possessions, 7 clearances, 7 marks, 6 tackles, 8 score involvements, 1.1

DYLAN CLARKE (Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 166, Round 7 v West Preston-Lakeside
33 disposals, 79 per cent efficiency, 9 marks, 5 clearances, 4 tackles, 14 score involvements, 1.1

JOEL TRUDGEON (Greensborough)
Ranking Points
: 170, Round 7 v Hurstbridge
39 disposals, 77 per cent efficiency, 22 contested possessions, 5 clearances, 5 marks, 14 tackles, 11 score involvements, 2.1

FLYNN RILEY (Montmorency)
Ranking Points
: 170, Round 6 v North Heidelberg
25 disposals, 64 per cent efficiency, 18 contested possessions, 12 clearances, 6 marks, 5 intercept marks, 4 contested marks, 41 hitouts, 5 to advantage, 4 score involvements, 1.0

MITCH KANE (Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 174, Round 7 v West Preston-Lakeside
30 disposals, 67 per cent efficiency, 12 contested possessions, 5 clearances, 6 marks, 6 tackles, 13 score involvements, 4.0

JESSE TARDIO (North Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 176, Round 2 v West Preston-Lakeside
35 disposals, 86 per cent efficiency, 7 intercept possessions, 9 marks, 7 clearances, two tackles, 13 score involvements

LUKE BUNKER (Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 178, Round 4 v Macleod
38 disposals, 84 per cent efficiency, 22 contested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 10 clearances, 8 marks, 4 frees for, 6 score involvements

CAM WILD (Hurstbridge)
Ranking Points
: 180, Round 7 v Greensborough
36 disposals, 67 per cent efficiency, 23 contested possessions, 9 clearances, 7 marks, 8 tackles, 10 score involvements, 1.1

Ranking Points
: 183, Round 6 v North Heidelberg
35 disposals, 66 per cent efficiency, 5 clearances, 11 marks, 3 tackles, 10 score involvements, 3.2

MAX DREHER (West Preston-Lakeside)
Ranking Points
: 184, Round 5 v Eltham
37 disposals, 68 per cent efficiency, 26 contested possessions, 13 clearances, 9 tackles, 3 marks, 7 frees for, 12 score involvements

DANIEL O’DWYER (Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 192, Round 7 v West Preston-Lakeside
40 disposals, 78 per cent efficiency, 5 clearances, 10 marks, 3 hitouts, 8 score involvements, 1.1

HAYDON MANUEL (Macleod)
Ranking Points
: 200, Round 8 v Bundoora
37 disposals, 68 per cent efficiency, 17 contested possessions, 12 clearances, 9 marks, 14 tackles, 7 score involvements, 1.1

Ranking Points
: 207, Round 3 v Eltham
39 disposals, 77 per cent efficiency, 17 contested possessions, 8 clearances, 17 marks, 4 tackles, 10 score involvements, 3.0

KRISTIAN FERRONATO (Greensborough)
Ranking Points
: 217, Round 8 v Montmorency
38 disposals, 61 per cent efficiency, 28 contested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 16 clearances, 4 marks, 9 tackles, 10 score involvements, 1.2

From HS.

Who has produced the biggest performances of the NFNL Division 1 season so far?​

We’ve delved into the stats to find the biggest individual performances of the NFNL Division 1 season with three reaching the magical 200 mark.
The biggest performances of the NFNL Division 1 season so far.
These blokes have had some serious leather poisoning.
We’ve delved into the Premier Data stats to find the biggest performances of the NFNL Division 1 season.
Three players have reached the magical 200-point barrier.
All 10 clubs have at least one representative in the top- 25 scores.
Montmorency gun Nash Holmes has delivered three of the outstanding matches, while Bundoora’s Sam Green and Luke Bunker of Heidelberg have two each.
West Preston-Lakeside have given up the most with five against and North Heidelberg four, while Heidelberg is the only club not to concede a top score.

JESSE KING (Bundoora)
Ranking Points
: 157, Round 2 v Greensborough
40 disposals, 55 per cent efficiency, 18 contested possessions, 9 clearances, 10 marks, 6 tackles, five score involvements

SAM GREEN (Bundoora)
Ranking Points
: 158, Round 6 v West Preston-Lakeside
25 disposals, 72 per cent efficiency, 14 contested possessions, 5 clearances, 9 marks, 6 intercept marks, 3 tackles, 9 1%ers, 4 score involvements

JACK JOHNSTON (Greensborough)
Ranking Points
: 158, Round 7 v Hurstbridge
31 disposals, 68 per cent efficiency, 11 contested possessions, 10 intercept possessions, 10 marks, 4 intercept marks, 2 tackles, 5 score involvements

JACK SAMMARTINO (Banyule)
Ranking Points
: 158, Round 4 v Montmorency
27 disposals, 78 per cent efficiency, 10 contested possessions, 7 clearances, 9 marks, 9 tackles, 5 score involvements, 1.0

MATT McINERNEY (Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 159, Round 1 v North Heidelberg
27 disposals, 78 per cent efficiency, 10 intercept possessions, 12 marks, four intercept marks, 8 1%ers

RILEY LOTON (Banyule)
Ranking Points
: 159, Round 1 v Macleod
34 disposals, 88 per cent efficiency, 5 marks, 10 clearances, 6 tackles, 4 frees for, 9 score involvements, 0.2

SAM GREEN (Bundoora)
Ranking Points
: 160, Round 4 v North Heidelberg

29 disposals, 69 per cent efficiency, 10 marks, 4 tackles, 15 hitouts, four score involvements, 2.0

Ranking Points
: 161, Round 8 v Greensborough
29 disposals, 69 per cent efficiency, 18 contested possessions, 13 clearances, 5 marks, 9 tackles, 10 score involvements, 3.1

MATT HARMAN (West Preston-Lakeside)
Ranking Points
: 162, Round 8 v Banyule
22 disposals, 73 per cent efficiency, 12 contested possessions, 8 marks, 3 intercept marks, 8 tackles 41 hitouts, 7 to advantage, 7 1%ers, 6 score involvements

LUKE BUNKER (Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 163, Round 8 v Eltham
33 disposals, 67 per cent efficiency, 21 contested possessions, 11 clearances, 9 marks, 8 tackles, 6 score involvements, 2.0

LIAM HUNT (North Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 163, Round 4 v Bundoora
37 disposals, 78 per cent efficiency, 21 contested possessions, 11 clearances, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 6 score involvements, 1.0

JESSE DONALDSON (Eltham)
Ranking Points
: 164, Round 2 v Macleod
37 disposals, 70 per cent efficiency, 17 contested possessions, 7 clearances, 7 marks, 6 tackles, 8 score involvements, 1.1

DYLAN CLARKE (Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 166, Round 7 v West Preston-Lakeside
33 disposals, 79 per cent efficiency, 9 marks, 5 clearances, 4 tackles, 14 score involvements, 1.1

JOEL TRUDGEON (Greensborough)
Ranking Points
: 170, Round 7 v Hurstbridge
39 disposals, 77 per cent efficiency, 22 contested possessions, 5 clearances, 5 marks, 14 tackles, 11 score involvements, 2.1

FLYNN RILEY (Montmorency)
Ranking Points
: 170, Round 6 v North Heidelberg
25 disposals, 64 per cent efficiency, 18 contested possessions, 12 clearances, 6 marks, 5 intercept marks, 4 contested marks, 41 hitouts, 5 to advantage, 4 score involvements, 1.0

MITCH KANE (Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 174, Round 7 v West Preston-Lakeside
30 disposals, 67 per cent efficiency, 12 contested possessions, 5 clearances, 6 marks, 6 tackles, 13 score involvements, 4.0

JESSE TARDIO (North Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 176, Round 2 v West Preston-Lakeside
35 disposals, 86 per cent efficiency, 7 intercept possessions, 9 marks, 7 clearances, two tackles, 13 score involvements

LUKE BUNKER (Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 178, Round 4 v Macleod
38 disposals, 84 per cent efficiency, 22 contested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 10 clearances, 8 marks, 4 frees for, 6 score involvements

CAM WILD (Hurstbridge)
Ranking Points
: 180, Round 7 v Greensborough
36 disposals, 67 per cent efficiency, 23 contested possessions, 9 clearances, 7 marks, 8 tackles, 10 score involvements, 1.1

Ranking Points
: 183, Round 6 v North Heidelberg
35 disposals, 66 per cent efficiency, 5 clearances, 11 marks, 3 tackles, 10 score involvements, 3.2

MAX DREHER (West Preston-Lakeside)
Ranking Points
: 184, Round 5 v Eltham
37 disposals, 68 per cent efficiency, 26 contested possessions, 13 clearances, 9 tackles, 3 marks, 7 frees for, 12 score involvements

DANIEL O’DWYER (Heidelberg)
Ranking Points
: 192, Round 7 v West Preston-Lakeside
40 disposals, 78 per cent efficiency, 5 clearances, 10 marks, 3 hitouts, 8 score involvements, 1.1

HAYDON MANUEL (Macleod)
Ranking Points
: 200, Round 8 v Bundoora
37 disposals, 68 per cent efficiency, 17 contested possessions, 12 clearances, 9 marks, 14 tackles, 7 score involvements, 1.1

Ranking Points
: 207, Round 3 v Eltham
39 disposals, 77 per cent efficiency, 17 contested possessions, 8 clearances, 17 marks, 4 tackles, 10 score involvements, 3.0

KRISTIAN FERRONATO (Greensborough)
Ranking Points
: 217, Round 8 v Montmorency
38 disposals, 61 per cent efficiency, 28 contested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 16 clearances, 4 marks, 9 tackles, 10 score involvements, 1.2
Do all D1 clubs have premier data? Is the league provided

Not sure how healthy all the individual stat reporting is for players - seeing blokes sit around comparing the number of kicks they had etc... All very American.

American?? Maybe you need to call SEN or read the HS.....all they talk about is stats. Not saying I agree with the concept as we all know it's the small things that win games but it's not just American.

Not sure how healthy all the individual stat reporting is for players - seeing blokes sit around comparing the number of kicks they had etc... All very American.
The brownlows been around a while.
I dunno, I’m sure most players would be rapt to have a teammate produce a game that good and get due accolade for it.

The brownlows been around a while.
I dunno, I’m sure most players would be rapt to have a teammate produce a game that good and get due accolade for it.
I think BnF's & coach vote awards etc are great, but I find the over reporting on stats, especially at local footy level, a bit cringe.

Would rather see the player that plays their role and gets 13 touches get the accolades over the guy chasing cheap possessions with 30 touches, which can happen.

I think BnF's & coach vote awards etc are great, but I find the over reporting on stats, especially at local footy level, a bit cringe.

Would rather see the player that plays their role and gets 13 touches get the accolades over the guy chasing cheap possessions with 30 touches, which can happen.

Whose says they don't get the accolades

Stats are part of sport, don't see what the big deal is

Whose says they don't get the accolades

Stats are part of sport, don't see what the big deal is

The accolades comment was a direct response to Big Unit 30's comments connecting the Brownlow to my comment about stats in local foot - It might help if you read back a few posts?

It's not a big deal at all - just a personal gripe I felt worthy of discussion, in a forum designed to host discussion :cool:

Team stats are fantastic, I just don't particularly like what I perceive to be an over saturation of personal stats at local footy level :)

I think it’s great having these stats at local level. Leaves players nowhere to hide when they play average and can justify certain guys on good money and at the same time highlight guys on good money not playing at the standard there pay is commanding. Most importantly helping coaches identify where individuals and the team needs to improve or is going well.

Correct me if I’m wrong but these stats aren’t just kicks, marks and handballs but are all things we should value like contested possession, disposal efficiency, intercept possessions, tackles, clearances, inside 50s etc.

I think the overall “ranking points” is reflective of all of this so if you are getting a heap of the ball but there all junk touches and just turning it over it will reflect in a poor points ranking? Therefore a guy getting 15 touches and a goal and a heap of tackles will still rank pretty highly.

Each to there own and of course players get caught up in stats, but it’s the way it is now, but I think there are a heap more positives from having things like
Premier data stats to help coaches with team stats aswell as individual, especially with how much more “professional” local footy is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back