NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Every stake holder (clubs) were given a hard copy. I dare say any interested volunteer could hit up their committee if they wanted a more in depth looks.

Those are legitimate questions which I’d be interested to know the answer to though.

Either way I’m not sure why they don’t post financials publicly.
Of wider concern to me is what I perceive to be the lack of visibility of the NFNL exec and board around and about clubland.
I would suggest that to most club committee people and coaches etc the above NFNL representatives are anonymous and generally not considered to have hands on experience.
I believe that all paid and honorary league officials should have at least two years experience on senior and or junior club committees.
Of course there will be exceptions however there doesn't seem to be many like say former president Dean Philpotts who was a long time Eltham player and president.....

Just catching up with entries over the past month .Mr. Crane as an experienced contributor ,you should understand that you need to be careful with your comments . The detailed audited financial statements were distributed at the AGM and delegates invited to ask questions . They are audited by a respected local firm of chartered accountants. It is inappropriate to compare the current administration to the Floyd era .
You continue to confirm you work for the League🤦🏼‍♂️.
People can say whatever they want.

Thanks for catching up Mr Expert, wonder what you are an expert in, wonder what seat you have at La Trobe.

I don't give a flying if it's inappropriate to say what I want on an open forum. If you do, awesome.

I have had issues with the financials of the NFNL for years. They may hand out at the AGM to the head nodding dills that run most clubs and bow down to them in case they get fined for wearing the wrong colour shoes to a meeting. But why not post online? If there is nothing to hide and respectable auditors have ticked off on it why can't the general punter read it.

Yes, we can start at Floyd. That should have been the trigger to make sure they never hide anything. Back when we had that remarkable farce called interleague games that cost over $100k and many league walked away due to costs (allowing NFNL to win.... seriously, what a joke, so many leagues had already seen that terrible waste of money and walked away) I asked then why are we paying so much and how is the money used, no answer. They just happily all got new tracksuits and polos and attended awesome lunches.

Many other leagues don't hide behind an AGM. They post their financials online; this took me three minutes.

EFNL - EFNL_AR23-1.pdf
VAFA - Annual Reports - VAFA
SFNL - SFNL 2022 Annual Report
O&MFNL - 2023 (amazonaws.com)

We should know where every cent goes.

What NFNL get from playing at Preston?
What NFNL (and host clubs (Epping and Whit) get from hosting finals?
How much in fines poor volunteers cop for being 5 minutes late or some insignificant detail?
How much the Uni students cost that do the audits on the paperwork with the main aim of finding errors to allow fines from some poor volunteer with 8 other jobs to try and run a club?
How much is the lunch for the 'hard' workers at the GFs?

Clubs beg and plead to raise every cent, hardworking volunteers run raffles and beat the street to get sponsors. They should know where their money goes. Why not post it if it's all legit? Just cos you're an expert you may know, but us non-experts don't know.

And don't threaten me with needing to be careful with my comments here, unless there is a fine that the NFNL need paid to ensure the overpriced coffee they wonder over and get, near hourly, at the Uni has gone up in price and petty cash is short.....

Happy New Year d!ckhe@d. You think I care what random people on here say, f%ck me.
One of the great responses ever!
You can add in , how much $ do they spend on junior rep programs and how much of it goes to the side businesses they all have??
Rulesexpert🤦🏼‍♂️🙄

Thanks for catching up Mr Expert, wonder what you are an expert in, wonder what seat you have at La Trobe.

I don't give a flying if it's inappropriate to say what I want on an open forum. If you do, awesome.

I have had issues with the financials of the NFNL for years. They may hand out at the AGM to the head nodding dills that run most clubs and bow down to them in case they get fined for wearing the wrong colour shoes to a meeting. But why not post online? If there is nothing to hide and respectable auditors have ticked off on it why can't the general punter read it.

Yes, we can start at Floyd. That should have been the trigger to make sure they never hide anything. Back when we had that remarkable farce called interleague games that cost over $100k and many league walked away due to costs (allowing NFNL to win.... seriously, what a joke, so many leagues had already seen that terrible waste of money and walked away) I asked then why are we paying so much and how is the money used, no answer. They just happily all got new tracksuits and polos and attended awesome lunches.

Many other leagues don't hide behind an AGM. They post their financials online; this took me three minutes.

EFNL - EFNL_AR23-1.pdf

How much in fines poor volunteers cop for being 5 minutes late or some insignificant detail?
How much the Uni students cost that do the audits on the paperwork with the main aim of finding errors to allow fines from some poor volunteer with 8 other jobs to try and run a club?

Clubs beg and plead to raise every cent, hardworking volunteers run raffles and beat the street to get sponsors. They should know where their money goes. Why not post it if it's all legit? Just cos you're an expert you may know, but us non-experts don't know.

And don't threaten me with needing to be careful with my comments here, unless there is a fine that the NFNL need paid to ensure the overpriced coffee they wonder over and get, near hourly, at the Uni has gone up in price and petty cash is short.....

Happy New Year d!ckhe@d. You think I care what random people on here say, f%ck me.
Firstly i have no involvement with the NFNL as a Director , employee , relative of either of those or any other connection .
In fact i was involved with the club that brought about the downfall of Peter Floyd .
As a club person in the past i am aware that our League pay a fee to Darebin Council to rent Preston City Oval for the finals .
The Bullants paid a fee to run a BBQ and canteen . The league ran all the drink booths . Maybe its different now but that's how it was and was a very good earner for the League .
I know of several uni. students that have worked for the League -----they didn't get paid as its part of their course to get some experience I cant answer your other questions as i don't know the answers .
i'm not sure why the financial report is not on the website but maybe they don't want it to get into the hands of uninformed people who with their lack of understanding might spread illogical comments and stories . Do you think the average volunteer would understand financial statements ?
Next AGM give your club leaders a list of questions to ask .
I think most readers would not resort to calling me a dick...d . I'm entitled to have an opinion .

EFNL - EFNL_AR23-1.pdf

What a fantastic response to the flog - Got to assume he/she works for the NFL
NFL employees forget that they are administrators that work for the clubs, pure & simple and clubs are run by volunteers. The NFL are judged on how effectively they can run the football & netball program for the clubs at the lowest possible cost.
This administration seems to thrive on raising revenue through fines - Junior & senior clubs alike
Does their Annual report detail how much they raised in fines to volunteer run clubs???

Cant wait for footy to be back. Would love to see teams outside WP, Bundoora and Heidleberg do well.

Hurstbridge to continue building 🤞
WP and Bundoora basically no chance for the flag.

I’d be surprised if it came outside North, Bergs or Mont.

Would be interesting to see if Hurstbridge can perform on a big finals ground.

My thoughts at the moment:

Flag Contenders:
Heidelberg
Montmorency
North Heid

Battle for final 2 finals places:
Hurstbridge
Banyule
Bundoora

Safe from Relegation but wont play finals:
Greensborough

Relegation fight:
Eltham
West Preston
Macleod
Hard to place Bundoora, could easily be in relegation fight. Yes they still have some quality but they have zero depth to cover the departures. Who’s going to fill those spots?

Hard to place Bundoora, could easily be in relegation fight. Yes they still have some quality but they have zero depth to cover the departures. Who’s going to fill those spots?

Its the million dollar question isnt it.

I just cant see them sliding all the way down to the bottom few. Their top end quality is still elite.

I certainly wont be writing them off.

I'm not sold on North or Mont. Picked up a few players, but also losing quality players.

Heidelberg have been miles ahead of anyone over the last couple of years. Yes lost a couple of quality players, but kept most of there list and hearing going to add a player or 2. And it's a pretty young list.

Yes injuries can cause havoc to any team. But if all teams are fit and firing, Heidelberg should be very very short odds to win it again.

My thoughts at the moment:

Flag Contenders:
Heidelberg
Montmorency
North Heid

Battle for final 2 finals places:
Hurstbridge
Banyule
Bundoora

Safe from Relegation but wont play finals:
Greensborough

Relegation fight:
Eltham
West Preston
Macleod
If Hurstbridge and Banyule are fighting for the last 2 spots, then Greensborough should 100% be in there. They missed the finals by 2 points and were almost 5 games clear of Banyule. Not sure your logic here.

I'm not sold on North or Mont. Picked up a few players, but also losing quality players.

Heidelberg have been miles ahead of anyone over the last couple of years. Yes lost a couple of quality players, but kept most of there list and hearing going to add a player or 2. And it's a pretty young list.

Yes injuries can cause havoc to any team. But if all teams are fit and firing, Heidelberg should be very very short odds to win it again.
Tigers have lost 3 absolute stars and a lot of neighboring clubs have raided their depth. Agree they’re the side to beat but it won’t be the same dominant side of the past 2 years imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Hurstbridge and Banyule are fighting for the last 2 spots, then Greensborough should 100% be in there. They missed the finals by 2 points and were almost 5 games clear of Banyule. Not sure your logic here.
Banyule recruitment has been best in D1 so far. Could easily overtake the Boro.

Heidelberg may have lost quality but are miles in front and the opportunity for the development of young talent to replace the departures is there.

The rest appear to be making up numbers unless something out of the box happens in the prelim or GF.

Macleod need to go down to Div 2 to reset. Losing way too many best 18 players and haven’t done much to balance out the losses. If White follows Hobbs to whittlesea it’s a sign that all hope is gone as he has always been super loyal. Brandt rumoured to be heading North Queensland

I'm liking the Dogs to make a real challenge, they will have more depth than last season & their pick-ups Giobbi brothers, Wallis, Mapleson (returned) & a few from the Ammos A/B grade will add. Lost 2 of their best 22 a fitter Daw plus a few very good kids from U19s & there in the mix.

In the words of one at the club who is close to it all & not one to get excited until it really happens, "we are ahead of last season ability wise", time will tell.

Can they make the difference with the Bergers?

I'm liking the Dogs to make a real challenge, they will have more depth than last season & their pick-ups Giobbi brothers, Wallis, Mapleson (returned) & a few from the Ammos A/B grade will add. Lost 2 of their best 22 a fitter Daw plus a few very good kids from U19s & there in the mix.

In the words of one at the club who is close to it all & not one to get excited until it really happens, "we are ahead of last season ability wise", time will tell.

Would have to be in the mix for sure. Lost a couple but as you said have replaced them. Could easily make a GF

Firstly i have no involvement with the NFNL as a Director , employee , relative of either of those or any other connection .
In fact i was involved with the club that brought about the downfall of Peter Floyd .
As a club person in the past i am aware that our League pay a fee to Darebin Council to rent Preston City Oval for the finals .
The Bullants paid a fee to run a BBQ and canteen . The league ran all the drink booths . Maybe its different now but that's how it was and was a very good earner for the League .
I know of several uni. students that have worked for the League -----they didn't get paid as its part of their course to get some experience I cant answer your other questions as i don't know the answers .
i'm not sure why the financial report is not on the website but maybe they don't want it to get into the hands of uninformed people who with their lack of understanding might spread illogical comments and stories . Do you think the average volunteer would understand financial statements ?
Next AGM give your club leaders a list of questions to ask .
I think most readers would not resort to calling me a dick...d . I'm entitled to have an opinion .
Just cause Heidelberg threatened to move to the EFL doesn’t mean you bought about the downfall of Floyd.

I like the dogs too. A fearsomely competitive club well coached
I also like wha going on that the slime a great appointment of coach
bridges making all the right decisions will be pushing up the ladder
bergers from all accounts have lost a lot from there top end
monty. Monty monty
banyule the sky’s the limit
bulls. It think there gone
Macleod won’t be relegated
westpres. A massive challenge
panther’s Relegated

My thoughts 4 months out

The Gilmore factor will definitely see a couple more games dropped by tigers. I think North are primed. 5th-7th a lottery.

Dogs
Tigers
Mont
Bridges
Banyule
Bulls
Greensborough
Eltham
Macleod
WPL
Sticking with the below from early December. Actually, have even more confidence the dogs will win. Just very stable.
Bring on round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back