NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to see an Ivanhoe v Heidelberg West final there 🙏🙏

Speaking of those two - coaches told the players at Ivanhoe last week that the round three away game v West will now be under lights! Could be a bumper crowd for that one.

Chump
Checked the Div1 fixture and Banyule v Heidelberg @ Banyule that day too. Back to back games within a stone's throw will be mean a good arvo on the cans at the local footy!

Anyone know anything about Jake Briskey or where he played last year? Ruckmen. Sais he played VFL at Port Melbourne.and was in the Brisbane Lions academy. But can't find anything at VFL

Last edited:
Anyone know anything about Jake Briskey or where he played last year? Ruckmen. Sais he played VFL at Port Melbourne.and was in the Brisbane Lions academy. But can't find anything at VFL
apparently played under Scotland at Sunshine in 2022 when not in VFL. Trialled with Collingwood for a rookie list spot a couple of years earlier too

Who from Elthams 2023 premiership side won’t be playing this season?
Not sure what’s confirmed, just what I’ve heard.

Finbar - Drafted
Avramov - I heard moving interstate?
Weatherald - Retired
Frazer - Retired
Goodwin - Darwin, will fifo a few games
Bongo - Heard he retired

Woods, Merkle - Heard may retire?

Just need to survive and build.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nth Heid practice match schedule

Mar 23 v Shepparton at Broadford
Apr 6 v Norwood( no not the Sanfl team lol) at Shelley St

Two, personal thoughts but two seems perfect, seems some clubs try and squeeze three praccy games in. These two, with an Easter break look very sensible.

With a twilight game as round 1 at Shelley Park, will be interesting if they have the 2nd praccy also half under lights.

Had a look at North Melb training this morning.

This comes up every year but its time the league moves the finals to Latrobe. Comfortably the best football facility in the area. Would be top 2 or 3 in Victoria.

Parking everywhere, central location, great viewing all around the ground.

Preston is a complete dump. The time is now.

Had a look at North Melb training this morning.

This comes up every year but its time the league moves the finals to Latrobe. Comfortably the best football facility in the area. Would be top 2 or 3 in Victoria.

Parking everywhere, central location, great viewing all around the ground.

Preston is a complete dump. The time is now.
How is there great viewing all around the ground? The majority of it falls away.

Get a big final and I reckon you’d have a lot of people struggling to view

Besides that yes I agree it’s a great venue.

How is there great viewing all around the ground? The majority of it falls away.

Get a big final and I reckon you’d have a lot of people struggling to view

Besides that yes I agree it’s a great venue.

Id say 20% of the ground falls away. Itys better than the 35% of the groumd at Preston that no one watches from.

There is a hill all the way around the 50 at the Kingsbury end that is great to watch from.

Preston has had its time. Its a rubbish venue.

Id say 20% of the ground falls away. Itys better than the 35% of the groumd at Preston that no one watches from.

There is a hill all the way around the 50 at the Kingsbury end that is great to watch from.

Preston has had its time. It’s a rubbish venue.
So you are saying 80% of the ground has raised viewing 😆 i think you have your percentages mixed up. There is the hill next to the rooms which is great but besides that you couldn’t have people more than 1 deep.

D3 finals could be moved there for sure but that’s it

Preston has the grand stand which is a massive tick.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back