NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a look at North Melb training this morning.

This comes up every year but its time the league moves the finals to Latrobe. Comfortably the best football facility in the area. Would be top 2 or 3 in Victoria.

Parking everywhere, central location, great viewing all around the ground.

Preston is a complete dump. The time is now.
Only one problem with that….
$$$

So you are saying 80% of the ground has raised viewing 😆 i think you have your percentages mixed up. There is the hill next to the rooms which is great but besides that you couldn’t have people more than 1 deep.

D3 finals could be moved there for sure but that’s it

Preston has the grand stand which is a massive tick.

Could easily put a temp grandstand on the lower side of the rooms. Eppig had temp grandstands every year before the move to Preston.

Div 1 could comfortably be there. League needs to make this happen asap.

The old LaTrobe ground opposite McDonalds would have actually been quite good. The northern side especially had a ton of standing room.

As much as I like the new facility, other than the parking, it’s not setup for NFNL finals. Perfect for North Melbourne home games though 😄😄
This discussion is a bit early this year

The old LaTrobe ground opposite McDonalds would have actually been quite good. The northern side especially had a ton of standing room.

As much as I like the new facility, other than the parking, it’s not setup for NFNL finals. Perfect for North Melbourne home games though 😄😄
I'd play in the McDonlds car park of it meant playing finals Mappa - not fussed.

That said, maybe they could test Div 3 finals there and tweak things as they learn how the facilities could best cope?

Chump

Last edited:

This comes up every year but its time the league moves the finals to Latrobe. Comfortably the best football facility in the area. Would be top 2 or 3 in Victoria.

How did Finnbar Maley look out there Dale?

Michael Hibberd has signed with Port Colts, putting to bed those early off-season rumours that he was headed to Warringal Park

I'd take Preston every day over La Trobe.

Each to their own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banuyle have recruited better than any Div 1 club already and I am 'advised' a couple of really good players yet to be announced.
Top 3 in 2024 - The new Bundy!!
Settle down. They were pretty ordinary last year. They would have to improve alot just to make the top 5 and then top 3 is an even bigger step. Can't see them finishing above Heidelberg, Mont or Nort. Then Hurstbridge for me. I think they will be fighting for that 5th spot.

Can see Banyule competing for top 5 but it’s a big ask when you have a big part of your list not having played many division 1 games. In saying that they’re definitely above WP, Mac, Eltham and I think they’ll nudge Bundy.

Where are Mac and WP at? Haven’t heard much other than all the old heads leaving both.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back