NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You don’t think the 17 goal turnaround had anything to do with Heidelberg being able to drop players down to the reserves on GF day due to both teams playing on the same day?
This kind of logic has no place here.

Who are the clubs that can genuinely step up and challenge Heidelberg next year or in the next 3?
Greensborough look to be on the right track, Monty will need to top up.
WPL have form and history.
Apart from these three clubs, are the rest making up the numbers?

Who are the clubs that can genuinely step up and challenge Heidelberg next year or in the next 3?
Hurstbridge surely in this convo.

Mont will have a good crack next year. Some big recruits coming I’ve heard.

WPL had a good year in 2022 but have since had a ledger of 11-25 and 2 100+ point losses to bergs in 2024. good club, but cannot see them getting within spitting distance of the tigers

Will north Heidelberg retain its list? Wonder if boomer plays on and if they can recruit a few more
Doggies need a good run with injuries as used 45 players yet still finished T3 after H/A. Most seasons with a revolving door of players unavailable at that rate you won’t play finals.
Disappointing in September however, were off the pace so areas identified to go next step.

Will be active in recruiting but a big focus will be on development of its U19s list where a few will get more game time with another pre-season behind them.

Plenty have signed on for S25.
Boomer ???

They won’t be going anywhere.

Last edited:
Hurstbridge are always actively recruiting, they have got East and they will get J Fitzgerald too. Maybe more.
Monty will be up there again, if they get Harvey Hooper full time next year that will be a huge positive. They are in need of a mature key forward to replace P Fitzgerald.
Greensy on the right track, they have a lot of good young talent aged 20-22 but they will need a couple more years under their belt before they are any chance of knocking off Heidelberg I think.
This is all dependant on what Heidelberg do in the off season, if they retain their list and add Minogue (Won the 0&M league goal kicker) as another post said well that'll be bloody hard to beat. Can't see many players that would chose to leave Heidelberg unless they are leaving the area for good or retiring, I don't think they have anyone old enough to retire though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is all dependant on what Heidelberg do in the off season, if they retain their list and add Minogue (Won the 0&M league goal kicker) as another post said well that'll be bloody hard to beat. Can't see many players that would chose to leave Heidelberg unless they are leaving the area for good or retiring, I don't think they have anyone old enough to retire though.
Or they maybe sick of being dropped for finals, for the VFL crew.

I’ve heard genuine 50/50 weather he stays or returns.
I have heard OP’s are asking the question of the Heidelberg premiership skipper.
Trying to get another berg senior captain ahahah funny recruiting strategy from OP.
Gilmore at bergs Saturday night festivities post grand final win, verbally committed and was welcomed in with open arms as expected. Think he's back at the Den next year more likely than not.

Trying to get another berg senior captain ahahah funny recruiting strategy from OP.
Gilmore at bergs Saturday night festivities post grand final win, verbally committed and was welcomed in with open arms as expected. Think he's back at the Den next year more likely than not.
Can’t say I’d like to be going up against the Bergs for any player. Wouldn’t be a hard sell to get a recruit, also basically open cheque book

Has NOT verbally committed anywhere - but my money on Bergs.

Doggies need a good run with injuries as used 45 players yet still finished T3 after H/A. Most seasons with a revolving door of players unavailable at that rate you won’t play finals.
Disappointing in September however, were off the pace so areas identified to go next step.

Will be active in recruiting but a big focus will be on development of its U19s list where a few will get more game time with another pre-season behind them.

Plenty have signed on for S25.
Boomer ???

They won’t be going anywhere.
If they had a full team in week in week out they could give Heidelberg a better crack than mont did

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back