NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Good of the league to come down hard. The quicker they clear these idiots from the sport the better.

Huge clash this week at Coventry Oval. Diamond Creek will go in deserved favourites but Eltham have got the job done every other week this year.
yep absolutely critical to stamp out mindless violence from the game.
Im tipping the Creekers at home!!

PH vs SM - PH need a win here to keep their finals chances alive. SM hitting form at the right end. PH should get it done at home. PH 16

NP vs EPP - Epping have been very competitive this year and probably deserve to stay up but that’ll all come down to Lower game unless they can pinch one along the way. This is another chance at that as NP have Been poor. NP thought 28

WAT vs SM - Watsonia should get it done 14

DC vs ELT - Match of the year. Panther would want to show they can match it with DC. DC have towled up the likes of Lower and Epping while Eltham have just scrapped wins against these sides. I think DC win 35

LP vs TT - TT in the news for all the wrong reasons. Lowers team on paper looks horrible and will really struggle here. 40 points to TT

PH vs SM - PH need a win here to keep their finals chances alive. SM hitting form at the right end. PH should get it done at home. PH 16

NP vs EPP - Epping have been very competitive this year and probably deserve to stay up but that’ll all come down to Lower game unless they can pinch one along the way. This is another chance at that as NP have Been poor. NP thought 28

WAT vs SM - Watsonia should get it done 14

DC vs ELT - Match of the year. Panther would want to show they can match it with DC. DC have towled up the likes of Lower and Epping while Eltham have just scrapped wins against these sides. I think DC win 35

LP vs TT - TT in the news for all the wrong reasons. Lowers team on paper looks horrible and will really struggle here. 40 points to TT
Looking forward to getting down to Coventry....more on the line for Eltham, think Diamo can cope with a loss, but for the Panther to go down again to them will be a big dent on their aspirations.

Round 15 tips

Panton Hill 8th vs St Marys 3rd The redbacks were no match for competition leaders Diamond Creek last week with only Sam Parks in the coaches votes. They have a slim mathematical chance of still playing finals but will need to most likely win their remaining 4 games. For St Marys they are coming of a thumping 104 point win over Lower Plenty. Bianchin again having a great game and with Antypas in good form I can’t see Panton Hill kicking a winning score. St Marys by 21 points

Northcote Park 6th vs Epping 10th. The cougars will be looking for a big victory over last places Epping to increase their percentage which currently sits at 103.71. Tallariti and D’Angelo were best for the cougars last week. Both Clark and McLennan are missing this week and one thing the cougars don’t have is depth so Epping might see it as a chance to grab an upset result and move off the bottom of the ladder. Unfortunately for Epping both Damon and Jordon Hollow are out of the side this week after collecting coaches votes last week. Northcote Park at home though will get the 4 points. Cougars by 37 points

Watsonia 5th vs Sth Morang 4th. Massive game for both clubs, a Watsonia win will see them jump over Sth Morang while a Lions win will go a long way to securing a finals birth in their first season back in division 2. Last time it was the lions by 16 points with Moorcroft 7 and D’Intinosante 5 kicking 12 of the Lions 15 goals. This will be of been a big focus for the Saints coaching staff. Toss of the coin, going with Watsonia at home. Watsonia by 9 points

Diamond Creek 1st vs Eltham 2nd. Massive game at a Coventry oval, the Creekers welcome back MacPherson and Pingree which is anothe big boost for the competition leader. For Eltham it was again Jesse Donaldson with maximum coaches votes moving him into 3rd overall. Jacob Booth for Diamond Creek currently sits second after 9 votes last week. Though both teams have been winning the form of Diamond Creek has been more impressive. At home they will move a game clear on top. Diamond Creek by 17 points

Lower Plenty 9th vs Thomastown 7th. The two Bears teams have had very disappointing season, the Lower bears fighting to avoid relegation and the Thomo bears who many had as a top 3 pre-season chance down in 7th spot. Can the Thomo bears come home like last year and sneak into the top 5, if they are to, they need to win every game. They do get Bradford, Capeci, Leonardis and Tang back, all quality players and they will have too much firepower for the disappointing Lower Plenty. Thomastown by 74 points

Enjoy the footy

Long time follower of this thread don’t comment but I’m very interested in the situation that’s happening at Thommo at the moment the clubs in crisis in my opinion where do they go from here like people have said previously they’ve had 3 coaches in 5 years and we had a full abandoned season in that time surely something needs to change the last two coaches signed contracts and left not fulfilling them

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Long time follower of this thread don’t comment but I’m very interested in the situation that’s happening at Thommo at the moment the clubs in crisis in my opinion where do they go from here like people have said previously they’ve had 3 coaches in 5 years and we had a full abandoned season in that time surely something needs to change the last two coaches signed contracts and left not fulfilling them

You don't comment but every comment has been about Thomastown. You should put your hand up to join the committee sounds like they need a hand.

You don't comment but every comment has been about Thomastown. You should put your hand up to join the committee sounds like they need a hand.

Yeah I’ll admit it I’m a Thommo tragic I wish I could help but living in a different state for 10 years makes that hard

And I’ve also got no idea on what I’m doing I’m just a lover of football in general who loves the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few massive games this weekend should be some great footy to watch

PH V STM - St Marys to officially end Pantons season. Will just about lock in not only finals but 3rd spot with a win. Burra to get up by 35

NP V EPP - Hollow brothers out make it so much harder for Epping. Can’t see them winning even with Northcote struggles at times this year. Cougars to win 50+

WAT V SM - Massive game and should be a cracker as was reverse fixture earlier in the year. Watsonia get there two best defenders back in Boulton and T Van Zwienen and it might go along away in stopping Moorecroft/ Dintinosante. Watsonia win this at home , jump South Morang and move closer to a finals berth. Watsonia by 25

ELT V DC - Diamo win this and will be deserving of premiership favourites and will lock in the minor. What a game this looks like it’ll be, Can eltham bite back at the critics over recent weeks? Going with the creek at home here. should be a belter, DC by 9 points

LP V TT - Thommos poor season will get a little win this week. 3 stars back this week should
make sure they win, and win comfortably. Lower would want 0 injuries as they prepare for a big game against Epping next week. Thomastown by 50

Convincing win by Creekers
It is hard to argue with this. I felt they had Eltham at arms length for the day.
If anything, Eltham hit the scoreboard more when they had momentum than Diamond Creek did.

I watched half the game over near the Eltham bench, and watched the second half near the Diamond Creek bench. Could the achilles heel for DC be the coaching staff? They yell and carry on while wanting their team to play tempo footy? I just can't see how they are creating an environment for them to succeed. But credit to them, they deserve to be premiership favourites and perhaps I'm being very nit picky at this point!

It is hard to argue with this. I felt they had Eltham at arms length for the day.
If anything, Eltham hit the scoreboard more when they had momentum than Diamond Creek did.

I watched half the game over near the Eltham bench, and watched the second half near the Diamond Creek bench. Could the achilles heel for DC be the coaching staff? They yell and carry on while wanting their team to play tempo footy? I just can't see how they are creating an environment for them to succeed. But credit to them, they deserve to be premiership favourites and perhaps I'm being very nit picky at this point!
No I agree with you on that. Finals pressure will test out the coaching staff as much as the players

At least they have a coach, Elthams is running around trying to get a kick.

Sorry but there is a reason the playing coach went out years ago. Far too many tactical moves required to have your coach playing these days.

AT has them holding sides to under 40 points, you won’t lose many games doing that.

That being said it takes 1 bad day like when DC lost to PH so Eltham could easily pinch it on their day.

Have you ever heard Heidelbergs bench….would make DC seem silent.

Totally agree, I know that it was only a 4 goal win but I never felt at any stage that Diamo werent in control.
What stood out for me was that Eltham does not have any tall marking targets - Maybe Diamos recruits down back are just to good but marks inside Elthams forward half were not there - they are short people but bomb the ball high forward consistently.
The Diamo game plan has not changed since I saw them a while ago - Flood the defence and run forward and they have the mids and wings to do it.
What odds can I get for a Heidelberg & Diamo quinella? $1.40?
Heidelberg, Diamo & Laurimer for $3?

Totally agree, I know that it was only a 4 goal win but I never felt at any stage that Diamo werent in control.
What stood out for me was that Eltham does not have any tall marking targets - Maybe Diamos recruits down back are just to good but marks inside Elthams forward half were not there - they are short people but bomb the ball high forward consistently.
The Diamo game plan has not changed since I saw them a while ago - Flood the defence and run forward and they have the mids and wings to do it.
What odds can I get for a Heidelberg & Diamo quinella? $1.40?
Heidelberg, Diamo & Laurimer for $3?
PS The filth coming out of the mouths of the young blokes on the back of the utes at the club rooms end of the ground was disgraceful - Leave players families out of your abuse - gutless
Dont blame opposition players when they play Diamo and get upset - Have a look at the club

PS The filth coming out of the mouths of the young blokes on the back of the utes at the club rooms end of the ground was disgraceful - Leave players families out of your abuse - gutless
Dont blame opposition players when they play Diamo and get upset - Have a look at the club
Been a disgrace for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back