NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I can confirm the league will be paying serious attention to to PH v Epping game to insure everything is a love board.

Apart from usual officialdom, there will be observers in attendance to keep an eye and ear on things, as well as any unusual happenings to make sure that game is played on merit.

Fines, void result, loss of points, banning of officials, legal consequences all on the table if anything untoward occurs and is proven.

Should be interesting😉
Brick Crashman Lower must be concerned 🤣🤣

Interesting that they are struggling for numbers but from all reports Parkside, a team just up the road, are flying for numbers.

1s and 2s both on top of their division.
You could also throw in Fitzroy Ammos and juniors at Brunswick St who are flying.
Could the bad publicity re their reliance on pokies revenue be a factor in the minds of local families?

I can confirm the league will be paying serious attention to to PH v Epping game to insure everything is a love board.

Apart from usual officialdom, there will be observers in attendance to keep an eye and ear on things, as well as any unusual happenings to make sure that game is played on merit.

Fines, void result, loss of points, banning of officials, legal consequences all on the table if anything untoward occurs and is proven.

Should be interesting😉
😂😂 maybe epping should have investigated Panton hill when playing lower plenty during the year after they lost to them keeping them in contention to stay in div 2!

If you’re coaching both Eltham or Diamond Creek. Are you resting a handfull of players this week?
The result has no bearing on the impact for finals.

Or is momentum & continuity more important?
Interesting to see how both sides approach it

If you’re coaching both Eltham or Diamond Creek. Are you resting a handfull of players this week?

Rest those that need it.

😂😂 maybe epping should have investigated Panton hill when playing lower plenty during the year after they lost to them keeping them in contention to stay in div 2!
Wouldn’t surprise me to see quite a few 19s boys get a senior opportunity for PH this week.

Regardless Epping every chance after a good game Vs St Mary’s.

DC no, they have a week off anyway

Eltham yes, they’re most important/older players but possibly looks like that may have started with Woods and Merkle last week and Goodwin prior to that (not sure if actually rested or injured just assuming)

I’m
Except that it’s probably in PH better interest to see Lower go down, if you believe they think they might get a few players or other benefits, which I doubt.

I’d be surprised if Tom Keys plays at all next year. He’s a reluctant footballer at the best of times and word is this may be his last. He’ll actually be missing with “injury” for this weeks game apparently.

Facts are we are playing a side that is fighting for a finals spot and Epping are playing a side who is playing for the final siren of the season. It’s not hard to work out who has the tougher assignment.

From a Lower perspective, I think whatever side goes out there on Saturday, it has to throw whatever it possibly can at the opposition to cause a stumble and hopefully a win. Anything is possible and I think the smaller ground might give us a chance.

Whatever occurs there’s a fair bit of commitment and resilience from the playing group to stick at it and support the club through the next phase.

Side note. Every year we play a game to honour the service of our Vietnam Veterans and this Saturday is that game. It also coincides with the 50th anniversary of our troop withdrawal from the conflict.

It’s a great day with plenty of vets coming down to enjoy the hospitality provided and have the opportunity to be thanked and remembered for their service. Truly a great bunch of people!

I’m

Except that it’s probably in PH better interest to see Lower go down, if you believe they think they might get a few players or other benefits, which I doubt.

I’d be surprised if Tom Keys plays at all next year. He’s a reluctant footballer at the best of times and word is this may be his last. He’ll actually be missing with “injury” for this weeks game apparently.

Facts are we are playing a side that is fighting for a finals spot and Epping are playing a side who is playing for the final siren of the season. It’s not hard to work out who has the tougher assignment.

From a Lower perspective, I think whatever side goes out there on Saturday, it has to throw whatever it possibly can at the opposition to cause a stumble and hopefully a win. Anything is possible and I think the smaller ground might give us a chance.

Whatever occurs there’s a fair bit of commitment and resilience from the playing group to stick at it and support the club through the next phase.

Side note. Every year we play a game to honour the service of our Vietnam Veterans and this Saturday is that game. It also coincides with the 50th anniversary of our troop withdrawal from the conflict.

It’s a great day with plenty of vets coming down to enjoy the hospitality provided and have the opportunity to be thanked and remembered for their service. Truly a great bunch of people!

Lol his ‘injury’ is a punctured lung and 3 broken ribs. After being in hospital this week actually wanted to play but the club wouldn’t let him.

Round 18 tips

Panton Hill Vs Epping. Can Epping pull off an upset and stay in division 2. I think they can, strange game footy. Epping by 4 points

Northcote Park Vs Eltham. Again the cougars need to pull an upset to play finals. Eltham fine tuning for week one of finals. Eltham to win and Northcote Park to mad Monday. Eltham by 24 points

Diamond Creek Vs Watsonia. Again Watsonia need to win if Northcote Park win to play finals. Diamond Creek too strong but still think Watsonia will play finals. Diamond Creek by 41 points

Thomastown Vs St Marys. A nothing game for the Bears and the Burra will be hoping for no injuries. St Marys by 21 points

Lower Plenty Vs Sth Morang. Can Lower survive, with a win they do. Can the impossible happen and Watsonia and Northcote Park both win and Sth Morang lose and get bundled out of finals, I don’t think that will happen. Sth Morang by 42 points

Let’s hope all clubs have their apps running and scores are live and updated during the day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 18 tips

Panton Hill Vs Epping. Can Epping pull off an upset and stay in division 2. I think they can, strange game footy. Epping by 4 points

Northcote Park Vs Eltham. Again the cougars need to pull an upset to play finals. Eltham fine tuning for week one of finals. Eltham to win and Northcote Park to mad Monday. Eltham by 24 points

Diamond Creek Vs Watsonia. Again Watsonia need to win if Northcote Park win to play finals. Diamond Creek too strong but still think Watsonia will play finals. Diamond Creek by 41 points

Thomastown Vs St Marys. A nothing game for the Bears and the Burra will be hoping for no injuries. St Marys by 21 points

Lower Plenty Vs Sth Morang. Can Lower survive, with a win they do. Can the impossible happen and Watsonia and Northcote Park both win and Sth Morang lose and get bundled out of finals, I don’t think that will happen. Sth Morang by 42 points

Let’s hope all clubs have their apps running and scores are live and updated during the day
Epping don't want to win. So they won't, simple as that. They want to go down and reset.

Epping done by PH - maybe they threw the game as apparently they wanted to go down 😅

Lower need to recruit hard over summer as whoever comes up from D3 will have a stronger list than LP currently

Lost 30 players in off season, stuck fat and did enough. Credit to Plunks, Johhny Ghastine, Justin Littlefield, Leigh McTaggart, Steve Paterson, the committee and all those who stayed loyal. Plans for next year are well advanced and don’t fear, the LP Bear will be back!
Why did they lose 30 players

Epping done by PH - maybe they threw the game as apparently they wanted to go down 😅

Lower need to recruit hard over summer as whoever comes up from D3 will have a stronger list than LP currently
A fair few guys had their arms twisted to play so not sure if they’d go around again. will need to recruit very very hard to be competitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back