NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I've heard there were more than a few who have were completely underwhelmed with the new coach last year but again it was the playing group that got the previous coached sacked which now seems an even worse decision than it did at the time.

There was already panicked phone calls made late last year to Chopper.
Phone calls to Chopper? As in Michael Ryan? Why would they do that?

Some of them could be following their mates/family, given there are clusters of players from the same club going there, such as the few from Lower, a couple from Boro (which has a long history of being a major Panton Hill recruitment zone). B Callaway from Bundy following Josh Callaway up the Hill too. Not for a second saying that there isn't significant $$$ involved but it might not be all down to that.
Yep that’s it. None of their recruits a huge surprise, most have connections to the club through mates, friends etc.

They’ve had a good off season but they were a fair way off the top couple, so will be interesting to see how they go.

18th March Practice Matches

Panton Hill v Roxy Home

Eltham v Warrandyte @ Susan St

South Morang v East Burwood @ Marymede Catholic College

Northcote Park v Westmeadows Away

St Marys v Templestowe Away

Epping v North Brunswick Away

Diamond Creek not sure

Watsonia v Glenroy Away

Lower Plenty v Sunshine Away

Thomastown v Ajax Away

Is Brent Ryan back at PH or just a mistake in their article?

“Josh Callaway teams back up with Greensborough premiership mates Scott Conte and Brent Ryan”

I’m sort of cooling on PH. Will go ok but will they reach the top rung of sides? Some heavy defeats last year but I suppose their overall depth has significantly improved

How’s their 19s looking? They’ve been advertising heavily lately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Northcote park has done quietly well on the recruitment front.

Rory Patterson - looks to have played a fair bit of Premier B footy which is probably a better standard that D2 NFNL

Tadd - 2 flags at West Preston.

Old - VFL player/D1

Chris Clarke - Boro Captain, experienced D1 player

Brock McLennan - Experienced D1 Players

Damon Marcon - Very handy player, multiple flags for Bullants (VAFA)

Plus Curic returns from an ACL injury. Coming back to D2 is a fair step down. Not sure how many they've lost but surely they'll be in the mix. I know Eltham is the Bigfooty favourite, but im not so confident on them anymore.

I think Northcote park has done quietly well on the recruitment front.

Rory Patterson - looks to have played a fair bit of Premier B footy which is probably a better standard that D2 NFNL

Tadd - 2 flags at West Preston.

Old - VFL player/D1

Chris Clarke - Boro Captain, experienced D1 player

Brock McLennan - Experienced D1 Players

Damon Marcon - Very handy player, multiple flags for Bullants (VAFA)

Plus Curic returns from an ACL injury. Coming back to D2 is a fair step down. Not sure how many they've lost but surely they'll be in the mix. I know Eltham is the Bigfooty favourite, but im not so confident on them anymore.

Rory Patterson could be a handy Div 2 player or could be a bust. Depends which version of him NP get, and how strong the coaching group is.

Does anyone actually win practice games?

If there are no injuries and the coach is happy with the performance then the team wins.

In most cases, the score board means nothing because clubs are trying out game plans to see if things click.

Sandringham got flogged by St Kilda by about 25 goals in a practice match in 1981. Sandy made a Preliminary Final and St Kilda could barely beat an egg that year.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back