NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Ops, nfnl got their desired outcome today, after last week didn't want Epping after fans abused the incompetence of the nfnl to the nfnl special people. They wanted Mernda out and 1 of their new poster child's in. Got want they wanted. Good luck to teams next week, nfnl, sorry state of a football league. Forgotten that they're supposed to be here for the club's, not the club's here for nfnl egos. Heard league ops manager quitting after this year, shouldn't of started
Pretty sure I said well done OPs.

This is one of the funnier things I've seen this year

I was thinking the same thing when the final siren sounded today…”gee whiz. How good were the NFNL when they kept Mernda to zero goals in the first quarter with the wind”…and “the NFNL were so good today when they kicked 10 goals to 1 in the second quarter”.
I need to know as the other poster boy club how the Hoers weren’t gifted a spot in the GF.
It surely wasn’t a loss to Mernda in the last round that put us out or the script wasn’t followed!
Enquiry needed

Just wanted to send a get well to the Parade reserve player that snapped his ankle/leg yesterday vs Kilmore.
Was horrible to witness and to hear and hope he will recover fully was terrible to see.
Thanks HB. By all reports, he is resting comfortably and in good spirits, which is remarkable after a horrendous injury.

He bleeds purple, green and blue and you could see the effect he has on others by the reaction of his teammates in the rooms at halftime.

Unfortunately there isn’t a medic on hand at the finals venue, but a massive shoutout to the Lalor official who (lucky for Shep and us) is a trauma nurse and helped immensely. She was fantastic.

Don’t be surprised if he tries to sneak out of the hospital this Saturday in a wheelchair to get down and support the seniors in the GF. I wouldn’t put it past him 😄

Thanks HB. By all reports, he is resting comfortably and in good spirits, which is remarkable after a horrendous injury.

He bleeds purple, green and blue and you could see the effect he has on others by the reaction of his teammates in the rooms at halftime.

Unfortunately there isn’t a medic on hand at the finals venue, but a massive shoutout to the Lalor official who (lucky for Shep and us) is a trauma nurse and helped immensely. She was fantastic.

Don’t be surprised if he tries to sneak out of the hospital this Saturday in a wheelchair to get down and support the seniors in the GF. I wouldn’t put it past him 😄
Have you planned the ticker tape parade down Plenty Road yet Mappa?

If you’re after a good laugh on your Monday evening do yourself a favour and watch Rob Fletchers pre game address to the troops. **** me 🤣
I hope the Northern Footy Show had access to Mernda's rooms at half time for the prelim - the praccy match speech from their coach still gives me a giggle every time I think about it.

How much has the draw helped Parade peak at the right time?

Their lead into finals was Reservior, Lalor, Bye, Dead Rubber. Gilmore was able to recover properly and I’m sure any other player carrying a niggle was given the same rest

Other teams like Mernda, Old Eltham and Epping were in a position they had to win games or fear missing out.

Not taking away anything from Parade, they have been fantastic but it does make a difference to have a month to get players cherry ripe.

Their lead into finals was Reservior, Lalor, Bye, Dead Rubber. Gilmore was able to recover properly and I’m sure any other player carrying a niggle was given the same rest

Other teams like Mernda, Old Eltham and Epping were in a position they had to win games or fear missing out.

Not taking away anything from Parade, they have been fantastic but it does make a difference to have a month to get players cherry ripe.

Playing those easier sides leading into finals wouldn’t be ideal either. Sides can get very complacent, just shows they were hitting their straps at the right time of the year.

Well done Parade

Is it a failed year for Mernda ? Spent a heap on that Bundoora bloke.

Garbage

A tough run into the finals, match hardened against quality finals like opponents is a much better lead in

Garbage

A tough run into the finals, match hardened against quality finals like opponents is a much better lead in
Potentially but I’d take the chance to rest blokes and have everyone fresh come the first final.

How’s the poor bloke for Parade who challenged and got an extra week. They’ll learn challenging the NFNL very very rarely works out in your favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potentially but I’d take the chance to rest blokes and have everyone fresh come the first final.

How’s the poor bloke for Parade who challenged and got an extra week. They’ll learn challenging the NFNL very very rarely works out in your favour.
He'd be gutted!

Would be playing in a grand final this week!

I hate the extra week they add due to inconveniencing them. Thats all it is, "you decided to challenge and made us leave our warm house and lost, here is another week"

Its honestly the most moronic thing I have seen. A local lad that actually believes he has a decent argument against a set penalty charge is basically threatened prior to making the decision.

If tribunals time is so valuable, we may need to look at another option.

I have seen and heard it time and time again, bloke honestly thinks he was not in wrong, to bad have an extra week for annoying us. This is not saying there should be a risk going to the tribunal, they could sit it and deem it worse than was offered and add more but making it standard is ordinary.

This is not the AFL, players don't have awesome legal representatives, they basically have a club advocate who was roped into sitting in a 2-hour lecture from NFNL and deemed qualified.

For mine abusing your authority by adding a week is terrible and surprised all Clubs have not bandied together to rid that rule.

I hate the extra week they add due to inconveniencing them. Thats all it is, "you decided to challenge and made us leave our warm house and lost, here is another week"

Its honestly the most moronic thing I have seen. A local lad that actually believes he has a decent argument against a set penalty charge is basically threatened prior to making the decision.

I have seen and heard it time and time again, bloke honestly thinks he was not in wrong, to bad have an extra week for annoying us. This is not saying there should be a risk going to the tribunal, they could sit it and deem it worse than was offered and add more but making it standard is ordinary.

This is not the AFL, players don't have awesome legal representatives, they basically have a club advocate who was roped into sitting in a 2-hour lecture from NFNL and deemed qualified.

For mine abusing your authority by adding a week is terrible and surprised all Clubs have not bandied together to rid that rule.
It’s a hard situation, as the league is punishing players for past players lodging meritless appeals, which used to happen a lot.

In applying penalties there should be some consideration as to whether the players actions were deliberate or just negligent.

Don't think it was any different in the VAFA ..... trust me it was not. Add to that no game day footage to try and support your case in almost ALL weekend games of ammos. If you got pinged on the Saturday then you took it 99% of the time. I know the guys at OP's and they would have been fully aware of this but obviously felt it was a wrong call from the umpires and tribunal. Got to feel for the guy, but in the end he would have had final say on IF he wanted to challenge it. Poor bugger.

It’s a hard situation, as the league is punishing players for past players lodging meritless appeals, which used to happen a lot.

In applying penalties there should be some consideration as to whether the players actions were deliberate or just negligent.
VERY good call A24 ......this is because players in the past would challenge stuff when they had clearly transgressed.

No Xmas Card coming from DC this year to NFNL House I would imagine :cool:

Don't think it was any different in the VAFA ..... trust me it was not. Add to that no game day footage to try and support your case in almost ALL weekend games of ammos. If you got pinged on the Saturday then you took it 99% of the time. I know the guys at OP's and they would have been fully aware of this but obviously felt it was a wrong call from the umpires and tribunal. Got to feel for the guy, but in the end he would have had final say on IF he wanted to challenge it. Poor bugger.
To be honest I don’t know why the challenged it. Jumped off the ground and bumped, would probably cop 2 in the AFL now.

Gilmore hasn’t lit it up as I would have thought. But after his 5 weeks off, he has been back for 3 games now. I think he stands in the way of Fitzroy winning the flag. Genuine star who just needs to turn it on for 1 game.

Gilmore hasn’t lit it up as I would have thought. But after his 5 weeks off, he has been back for 3 games now. I think he stands in the way of Fitzroy winning the flag. Genuine star who just needs to turn it on for 1 game.
I think the wind can help Parade. If it’s super strong and they can play a spare on Farrant and quell his influence it could be the difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back