AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Buffalo Sabres, Casey
Jonathan Toews is this years cover boy.

[youtube]LI26hTrUw6M[/youtube]
[youtube]8UEqkKf67Hg[/youtube]

Re: Nhl '11

Looking forward to the new physics engine.

And seeing Fleury clear the puck to the corner in the vid is an absolute win. Apparently due to the physics engine, rebounds will go where they're supposed to go, and that means hopefully a lot into the corners, and not just out in front.

Can't wait.

Out of the gameplay changes I'm most excited about the new face off mechanic, but can't really see any of them making a huge difference to the overall experience. What'll make a real difference IMO is the addition of college hockey; Be a GM's massive flaw was that the AI rate prospects and drafts as teams would in real life, but they were of minimum utility to a player...unless you deliberately gimped yourself it was impossible not to rape the computer in trades simply by killing your prospect pool. Hopefully now they'll have put in something approaching a proper prospects system and it will have some utility within the game.

September 17th in Australia, apparently.
I was just watching a few of the recently released videos and Rammer said the 7th so I hope we don't have to wait 10 days.

The hits look awesome and the new broken sticks thing will take some time to get used to. Rammer kept going on about how every game will be unique but there will be little moments that just happen that will only ever happen once or twice, like a deflection goal from a broken stick onto a player and into the goal.

Sounds awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happened to come across a complementary PS3. I'm in business, baby!!

Downloaded the demo for NHL 10 yesterday, so that's a start. Gotta say I reckon Be A Pro is very, very cool.

This looks pretty boss...

Might have to get XBL just to get maximum value out of it. NHL10 still hasn't got old for me yet, about to get into finals on a realistic Caps dynasty...and still figuring out new ways of doing things. Awesome, awesome series.

Anyone able to get it on the PS3? I've looked in the PS Store and can't find it. Is there somewhere else it'd be?

P.S. What are your thoughts, Lethal (and anyone else that's tried it)

Had a quick go last night. The animations are very smooth. The new faceoffs are improved. Didn't get any broken sticks though, so didn't get to see how that will go. Have read though elsewhere that some people had got a few broken sticks in the period that you get to play.

I had to go searching for a link on the net to be able to add NHL 11 into my downloads on xbox live as it wasn't showing up on the marketplace via the console last night.

Sounds like an improvement on last year's version.

Still struggling to find the PS3 demo. Nowhere on PSN and the few websites I find with the 360 link say that the PS3 one is coming, despite the fact that it is definitely out.

Downloaded the demo this arvo and played for about an hour. Game play is quite different to 10, much slower and therefore probably more realistic. I really like the new checking system, harder to time hits but it looks so friggen much cooler. Was fun laying out dudes with Chara in the UHL mode.

New faceoff system is awesome IMO. A lot more technical an indepth than I expected it to be. I liked how skaters can have their sticks knocked out of their hands from hits. Goalie reactions are improved again and looked more realistic. No broken sticks here either. :(

The new score HUD graphics is much more professional. Bit of a mix between the NBC and Versus graphics I thought, kinda...

Overall like Lethal said, it's quite a smooth game but it's much more of a "simulator" than 10 which is almost arcadey in comparison.

Negatives for me:
- Stanley Cup winning video is still essentially exactly the same. Bill Clemente with a couple of new lines and thats about it.

I think that's it so far. As usual, the positives far outweigh the negatives which we've become accustomed to with the NHL franchise. I'll have no problems buying it.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Nhl 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back