Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 159 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 401 71.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ironic coming from the same poster who gave us

"Walsh will be forever known as the most overrated player in the history of football"
Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

"Walsh will be forever known as the most overrated player in the history of football"

The comment was made in a banter thread. Blocked. No interest in your blatant trolls anymore.

They're good. They now resort to Cripps having 40 touches, but only 11 kicks, as being poor. It's pathetic.
But pull them up on a 13 effective disposal game out of 31 with Nick and its considered trolling.
Never change

Lost a lot of respect some posters in this thread. Some sad individuals. Just blatant trolling that is not held accountable. For what it is worth, no Nick is not the GOAT, Nick is not close to the GOAT, but he is doing things at a level that very few 21 olds have ever done before. Does this mean he could be the GOAT, of course it does. If he sustains this level for 15 years, would be well in the conversation. He would be beyond any Brownlow votes, coaches votes etc that anyone in the history of the game has. He has had more impact on winning games than many have over their entire careers. Won't be posting in here again, just some really sad trolling and some really sad individuals who run around targeting a 21-year-old due to The colour of his jumper. You don't mind those that present decent facts but the trolling in here has got out of control. Enjoy spending your lives running to a Nick Daicos thread trying to troll.

Interesting you would take the moral high ground given how active you have been in Carlton threads over the years

Read the OP carefully

"I'm predicting it is a matter of when, not if, we're anointing Nick Daicos as the AFL GOAT"

What do you want posters to do, nod, agree and move on?

You're better than that SOTY, stick around and have some fun

They're good. They now resort to Cripps having 40 touches, but only 11 kicks, as being poor. It's pathetic.
But pull them up on a 13 effective disposal game out of 31 with Nick and its considered trolling.
Never change
I don't understand how you can care about and dissect Collingwood supporters opinions - particularly a couple of them - on such a furious, incessant, 24/7 level.

You would do more work as a lawyer for a big firm than you do tracking and analysing every comment you dislike to the 12th degree.

And the same applies for nit picking every action of a 21 year old's career. It is legitimately unhealthy.

Exactly, you have no idea, but you will rush each week to analyse Nicks stats. Too busy trying to pick Nick apart and not focussing on your own champions. Extremely sad.
Then when we mention Cripps doing a dive or two on Saturday night to exaggerate contact, which surely they would have seen....

'If you don't provide the video footage, it didn't happen'...

Interesting you would take the moral high ground given how active you have been in Carlton threads over the years

Read the OP carefully

"I'm predicting it is a matter of when, not if, we're anointing Nick Daicos as the AFL GOAT"

What do you want posters to do, nod, agree and move on?

You're better than that SOTY, stick around and have some fun

Moral high ground. I have always acknowledged the Carlton greats such as Jezza, Doull, Williams and Cripps. I have often named Johnston as one of the great finals players ever. I have always acknowledged the greats of the game no matter what club. Raise some good factual points in this thread and I will happily respond but you know that there is blatant trolling in this thread and you know which Carlton posters are responsible. You are better than that Arrow. Far better.

Moral high ground. I have always acknowledged the Carlton greats such as Jezza, Doull, Williams and Cripps. I have often named Johnston as one of the great finals players ever. I have always acknowledged the greats of the game no matter what club. Raise some good factual points in this thread and I will happily respond but you know that there is blatant trolling in this thread and you know which Carlton posters are responsible. You are better than that Arrow. Far better.
You were going well until your last two sentences.

Of course there is trolling, both ways, and it started with the OP

I've also acknowledged Pie greats, Thompson, P Daicos, Pendlebury, etc

But, if you are going to anoint someone as the greatest player ever, even before a qualifying period, defend that statement, then of course people will come hard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I know the game you're talking about, I just wanted you to say the game vs Geelong... Where we won by 63 points lmao.

Daicos had 13 effective touches in a loss and Spud McRae is still handing him charity votes despite being borderline BOG for the opposition.
It really doesn’t do you any good putting up mindless criticism. You may reckon McRae is a spud but you have no idea whether it was him who gave Nick 2 votes. It was either Sidey or Nick but we don’t know which coach went which way. You can’t seriously believe McRae couldn’t be the coach giving Sidey votes.

This thread has gone really weird last few days with the concentration on one of NDs lesser games. It makes no difference t the discussion. All players have lesser days. It wasn’t a shocker, he was still in Collingwoods best few which wasn’t that hard to do. The meat of the discussion is the stellar season he is having after his 1st 2 seasons have also been great ones.

It really doesn’t do you any good putting up mindless criticism. You may reckon McRae is a spud but you have no idea whether it was him who gave Nick 2 votes. It was either Sidey or Nick but we don’t know which coach went which way. You can’t seriously believe McRae couldn’t be the coach giving Sidey votes.
Maybe we should look at the Carlton v. GWS votes and jump to conclusions re: where Cripps' 4 votes came from?

Nah, we're better than that.

Of course there is trolling, both ways, and it started with the OP

I've also acknowledged Pie greats, Thompson, P Daicos, Pendlebury, etc

But, if you are going to anoint someone as the greatest player ever, even before a qualifying period, defend that statement, then of course people will come hard

Come hard but come with facts not the blatant biased bs trolling that is in this thread.

The Bagger envy of GOATcos is sad to watch.

Pretty rare for the player who has the most clearances and contested possessions on the ground to be considered garbage.

IQ, Bobby Hill were two more senior Pies who were "garbage" against the Dons.
Poor game from GOATcos tonight, even the greats have a down game or two.

Shit happens.
This you?

This thread has gone really weird last few days with the concentration on one of NDs lesser games. It makes no difference t the discussion. All players have lesser days. It wasn’t a shocker, he was still in Collingwoods best few which wasn’t that hard to do. The meat of the discussion is the stellar season he is having after his 1st 2 seasons have also been great ones.
And his down game was one where he had 4 more clearances than the second most, and the most contested possessions by 3.

A 3rd year kid who was criticised for being too outside, is now playing the contested clearance beast role like Matt Rowell does, but now the criticism is his kicks out of the pack aren't clean 🤣

I have, with supporting facts around Sheezel at the same age
This is true and it’s been the only real discussion point from those in the negative. It’s also not a bad point as Sheezel is doing remarkable things. Add JUH, Reid, Ashcroft (without the acl) and even Wardlaw and there are some 1st , 2nd and 3rd year players who are influencing games way beyond what their years suggest. To me it’s pretty hard to make a case Daicos isn’t leading this pack.

And his down game was one where he had 4 more clearances than the second most, and the most contested possessions by 3.

A 3rd year kid who was criticised for being too outside, is now playing the contested clearance beast role like Matt Rowell does, but now the criticism is his kicks out of the pack aren't clean 🤣
He is nothing like Matt Rowell, don't make us laugh.

Ruck receives, free kicks, loose ball gets. Would make up probably 70-80% of his 'contested' possessions.

This is true and it’s been the only real discussion point from those in the negative. It’s also not a bad point as Sheezel is doing remarkable things. Add JUH, Reid, Ashcroft (without the acl) and even Wardlaw and there are some 1st , 2nd and 3rd year players who are influencing games way beyond what their years suggest. To me it’s pretty hard to make a case Daicos isn’t leading this pack.

Young player form lines have ebbs and flow, plenty of time for them to stamp themselves on a, consistent basis

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back