Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

so you’re chatting to a saints supporter, I have a mate that’s a saints supporter, between the two of us we know half their supporter base
I have an old friend who's a St Kilda supporter.
He's just gone overseas for 3 months - that should tell you something right there. :)

Found it curious that in the post-match interview with Sarah Jones, she asked Nick about Reid. Harley is going to be a great player, for sure, but Nick pants him (statisically) in the match. Can't understand the hype around Reid. Jones was interviewing one of the greatest talents this generation and the first thing she asks was for a comment on Reid!?
The AFL so clealry have agendas (and players) they want to push. This just added to me general disdain for AFL commentary - at least in broadcast media.

Found it curious that in the post-match interview with Sarah Jones, she asked Nick about Reid. Harley is going to be a great player, for sure, but Nick pants him (statisically) in the match. Can't understand the hype around Reid. Jones was interviewing one of the greatest talents this generation and the first thing she asks was for a comment on Reid!?
The AFL so clealry have agendas (and players) they want to push. This just added to me general disdain for AFL commentary - at least in broadcast media.
Nick nailed the interview as per usual & provided him with another opportunity to shine.

I remember how they used to always ask Josh about Nick after a game and thought it was a bit silly/unfair. Particularly when he'd also played well & they wouldn't mention it.

Last edited:
David king loves his stats, but he did pull out an interesting one. Of the last 21 centre clearance won by nick, 15 have resulted in goals. The numbers confirm what the eye tells you, I doubt there’s a more impactful player than nick at the moment.
It's a privilege to watch him each week...so many times whilst watching him out there doing his thing, I'm uttering 'Ohhhh Nick...' as I chuckle to myself. Does anyone else find themselves doing this?

David king loves his stats, but he did pull out an interesting one. Of the last 21 centre clearance won by nick, 15 have resulted in goals. The numbers confirm what the eye tells you, I doubt there’s a more impactful player than nick at the moment.
See post #6501.
Interesting that there are two Carlton players who combined clearance goal results total 21.
While Nick is by far the leader on 15, we need others to step up to be a real centre clearance threat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a privilege to watch him each week...so many times whilst watching him out there doing his thing, I'm uttering 'Ohhhh Nick...' as I chuckle to myself. Does anyone else find themselves doing this?
I just shake my head and raise my glass.
No wonder I’m pissed by end of match……

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've thought "how the f*** did he do that?!".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back