Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon his Brownlow chances hang on how many votes he receives up to and including round 7.

He could have anything between 1 and 8 votes over those games.

Yep no doubt. The Brisbane and Port games will be interesting. Although the way his playing atm it might not matter.

“Nick Daicos had a player record in the history of the game - 25 first possessions which led to 16 clearances,” said Cornes. “So the ruckmen to player, first hands 25 (times). 25 first possessions to 16 clearances is unbelievable.

Seagull

They'll be claiming next that he's being carried by Darcy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't disagree, but I think we missed Pendles and all the defensive work he does more than De Goey.
^This. We’d have had Pendles doing a defensive job on Bont in the last. No way he dominates like that with a seasoned campaigner like Pendles on him.

Reading comments on social media about Nick from opposition supporters makes me fear for society. It’s a reminder of how many people are out there that can barely scrape a sentence together and just want to spew vitriol. It’s like reading tweets from Trump supporters. Do they know how stupid they are or are they comfortable in their cocoon of imbecilic ignorance? I have 3 young boys and I’m embarrassed about the world we’re handing to them.
The idiots have always been there, they just never had a platform in which to spread their idiocy before socials existed.

Chris Judd would be up there too. Think he won his first Brownlow in his 3rd year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Nah, first two seasons nowhere near the level of Coleman, Bunton and Daicos.

0 Brownlow votes in his first season, 12 Brownlow votes in his second season. 30 in his 3rd season.

Daicos - 11 votes in his first season, 28 votes in his second season (from 18 games), ??? in his third season.

Chris Judd would be up there too. Think he won his first Brownlow in his 3rd year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Funnily enough Judd won a Brownlow and gained a reputation as a contested animal in exactly the same fashion as Nick is currently doing, with his team mates clearing a path for him to burst/extract from stoppages as our boys have been doing for the past month or two.

But Nick is still a seagull and Judd was a beast. Don’t anyone forget that.

Funnily enough Judd won a Brownlow and gained a reputation as a contested animal in exactly the same fashion as Nick is currently doing, with his team mates clearing a path for him to burst/extract from stoppages as our boys have been doing for the past month or two.

But Nick is still a seagull and Judd was a beast. Don’t anyone forget that.
And Judd's first two seasons in hindsight are now infinitely better than they were in reality because he won a Brownlow in his third season.

I had the pleasure of witnessing Nick live last Friday night. His workrate and commitment to his craft is nothing short of outstanding! I was also surprised at just how much 'attention' he receives - and deals beautifully with - from opposition players. I doubt there is anyone that works harder than him. He is pure class and I feel honoured that I'll get to witness him ply his trade for years to come.

This is getting ridiculous.
If he was a Melbourne player there would have been an “Is Nick Daicos unprecedented” thread on the main board for 12 months already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back