Nick Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

Liub

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Who has traded him? Is he worth keeping until he returns?

Anyone know how many more weeks?

I'm considering a Riewoldt > Richo trade.

Optimistic reports, from what I can gather, have him at least 2 weeks away.

How many trades have you got left? Did you trade him in?

Riewoldt is a DT mint and therefore worth keeping, but if you've got a bucketload of trades left, and NEED to score NOW, the Richo trade makes sense.

IMO you are better off keeping Riewoldt, and feeling the short term pain (as I am now) for longer term benefit. I traded him in a week before his injury, so in my case it would be extremely poor investing to trade him out, but I still think it is a better decision to hold onto him unless you MUST drop him.

Optimistic reports, from what I can gather, have him at least 2 weeks away.

How many trades have you got left? Did you trade him in?

Riewoldt is a DT mint and therefore worth keeping, but if you've got a bucketload of trades left, and NEED to score NOW, the Richo trade makes sense.

IMO you are better off keeping Riewoldt, and feeling the short term pain (as I am now) for longer term benefit. I traded him in a week before his injury, so in my case it would be extremely poor investing to trade him out, but I still think it is a better decision to hold onto him unless you MUST drop him.

I was going to offload Gamble for BJ next week, but I'm thinking that it might be better to hold off a week or 2 and go for Riewoldt as he looks like he will drop a fair bit in price when he returns... but I'm not sure when he will return...

They were saying on after the game on Saturday night, that Riewoldt is ahead of schedule & might make a return this week. Will just have to wait & see I suppose.

Pav, Chapman (coming in this week) BJ, Brown, Deledio, Burton & Porps.

Burton has established himself as a keeper in my mind. Bring Volt in and barring LT injury, wouldn't have to touch it all year...

Pav, Chapman (coming in this week) BJ, Brown, Deledio, Burton & Porps.

Burton has established himself as a keeper in my mind. Bring Volt in and barring LT injury, wouldn't have to touch it all year...
Will have same forward line as me but I have Stevey Johnson instead of Deledio.

i'm not gonna trade him
i can cover for him while he is gone with gamble/rioli
same sorta deal with chad
sucks having 2 100+ players sitting there doing nothing but not worth the trade

you would be crazy to trade him now. especially considering the strength of most teams fwd benches (i have gamble to cover). my fwd line after this week will look like.

Chapman, Pavlich, Riewoldt (when he's back), BJ, Brown, Porplyzia, Deledio

I think porps will eventually need an upgrade. he is now a permanent fwd and has played two absolute blinders. he can't keep it up for ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my forward line is:
J. Brown, Franklin, Pavlich, BJ, Fevola, Riewoldt, Ryoli (Tippet, Jetta)

Do i trade Riewoldt for Chapman??? (13 trades left), i have a feeling riewoldt will come back and be carrying injuries for the rest of they, simliar 2 BJ of late. if he does come back and does well, i could always trade Ryoli OUT for him, Roo's B/E is 150! so he is going to lose atleast another 50k....thoughts

my forward line is:
J. Brown, Franklin, Pavlich, BJ, Fevola, Riewoldt, Ryoli (Tippet, Jetta)

Do i trade Riewoldt for Chapman??? (13 trades left), i have a feeling riewoldt will come back and be carrying injuries for the rest of they, simliar 2 BJ of late. if he does come back and does well, i could always trade Ryoli OUT for him, Roo's B/E is 150! so he is going to lose atleast another 50k....thoughts

No. Hell be back this week or next week, and average 90+ from here on in.

Keeping him - although might expect a few mid range games when he comes back before starting to hit top form. If I have to wait for a couple of weeks, so be it. Not worth trading when the forwards are: Chapman, B.Johnson, Riewoldt, J.Brown, Pavlich, Porplyzia, Deledio (Tippett, Rioli).

trades are gold keeping him and porps
fwd line is currently

Pav brown bj rioli o'keefe franklin porps

volt tippet

is it alright?

when reiwolt is bak rioli gets traded fir the money $$$$$$$

May keep tippet all year as emergency

you would be crazy to trade him now. especially considering the strength of most teams fwd benches (i have gamble to cover). my fwd line after this week will look like.

Chapman, Pavlich, Riewoldt (when he's back), BJ, Brown, Porplyzia, Deledio

I think porps will eventually need an upgrade. he is now a permanent fwd and has played two absolute blinders. he can't keep it up for ever.

He had a run through the midfield this week, so I'm not losing hope just yet.

Riewoldt will miss this weekend and push to be back against Melbourne in Round 10. He 100% will be playing round 11 v Western Bulldogs. Source: himself, stating that his knee has come along well and he is running already, but no contact yet.

He had a run through the midfield this week, so I'm not losing hope just yet.

he had about 5 mins in the midfield. i was there. he was the only crows melb player that i have in my DT so i watched him very carefully. sat in the fwd line all game except for a short burst in the mid in the 3rd.

Port Adelaide is considering rushing Chad Cornes back for the home game against the Swans. Cornes has been missing with a broken finger, but with Shaun Burgoyne facing suspension and the Power at three wins and five losses and facing a season-defining game, his presence could be vital.

Cornes trained yesterday wearing a guard over the injured finger and will try to prove his fitness this week.

Desperate times may call for desperate measures at Moorabbin, too. Nick Riewoldt, who was expected to miss several games with injured knee ligaments, has been listed as a "test" this week. The Saints lost to Collingwood last Friday night and face a tough encounter with the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba on Sunday.

I haven't got Roo, but he's certainly on my radar to pick up.

I'm looking at these two options...

Next week... Gamble-->BJ

or...

In about 3 weeks... Gamble--> Roo

Worth holding out the couple of weeks to miss BJ and go for Roo? He's likely to drop when he returns, but it's a matter of when!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back