angel_mmkay

Debutant
Jul 1, 2006
seymour
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
seymour lions under 12's
I was at the Carlton community camp last night in Seymour with my son and even though he is a huge cats fan he was very excited to see some real afl players. anyway he wanted to get some pics with some of the guys so he walked up to Nick Stevens and asked if he could please have a pic with him.

not only did nick straight away wrap his arm around my son for a pic but he also stood and chatted with me for a good 5 minutes about the bushfires around the area, saying that some of the team have been affected by them.

I would just like to say that Nick Stevens is an awesome guy and I hope he goes well this year

n637418883_1412650_7779.jpg

my son with Nick

As much as some rag on Stevens for being soft or lazy or fat or whatever, as a bloke I think he's a good one. He does a lot of quiet work with a particular "big brother" kinda group with disabled/disadvantaged kids I believe.

Good to hear when any sports stars have time to make kids feel special.

I've met Peter Everitt at my kids' Auskick and Brad Sewell ran a clinic at my eldest's school... it's good stuff.

Nice one, Stevo.

Cheers Angel ..it's always refreshing to see positive stuff about our players being posted..a lot of the players community work and approachability gets overlooked by one off negative incidents, which is a shame .
Glad to see your son had a good time meeting Nick . :thumbsu:

Yeah ive had a few dealing with Stevo, and like most who and met him was a top bloke to talk to. He actually gives a shit about the converstion....

Also could be the fact that he got engaged on the weekend...

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Stevens - community camp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back