Toast Nigel Lappin Appreciation

Remove this Banner Ad

00VicWard001

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I don’t think I’ve seen one of these on our forum - but Chris Scott has said it, Aker has pointed it out, Ollie Dempsey has said it and now Tuohy too.

I suspect that the reason we are so stable and do successful with a very much to do with the one two punch that is Chris Scott and Nigel Lappin.

Definitely need to appreciate how lucky we are to have this guy as a mainstay of our coaching teamx

IMG_1382.jpeg

I don’t think I’ve seen one of these on our forum - but Chris Scott has said it, Aker has pointed it out, Ollie Dempsey has said it and now Tuohy too.

I suspect that the reason we are so stable and do successful with a very much to do with the one two punch that is Chris Scott and Nigel Lappin.

Definitely need to appreciate how lucky we are to have this guy as a mainstay of our coaching teamx

View attachment 2134825
I'm shocked he hasn't been poached elsewhere. Seems to be the perfect one-two punch with Scott

Without him, Scott would not have lasted this long as our coach (and I’m one of CS’s biggest supporters).

The acknowledged weakness that Scott has - engaging with the younger players is something that is very much a huge strength of Lappin’s…

And our other strength - developing late draft pics is very much what Lappin has been doing.

He’s not just Scotty’s number 2, he’s probably our secret weapon.

Without him, Scott would not have lasted this long as our coach (and I’m one of CS’s biggest supporters).

The acknowledged weakness that Scott has - engaging with the younger players is something that is very much a huge strength of Lappin’s…

And our other strength - developing late draft pics is very much what Lappin has been doing.

He’s not just Scotty’s number 2, he’s probably our secret weapon.
Having Lappin allows Scott to be the 'bad cop' when required

View attachment 2134825
Absolutely. When you think about how long Scott and Lappin have been working together, 14 years at the lions, another 14 years at the cats, it's not hard to understand the level of trust and teamwork that exists between them. We're so lucky that Lappin came to the cats when he did, a couple of years before Scott I think, and no surprise that it coincides with what must be the most successful period of the club's history. A quiet achiever - so so valuable.

Plus him and Scott are very close, so assume he’s happy to work alongside his mate earning good money without as much media scrutiny.
They have a bond that two players rarely will ever share.
A player who was to be the other replacement in a GF pending a fitness test

I don't have a source, but could swear I've heard he's very happy out of the limelight just doing his thing at the Cats.
I think his obvious discomfit every time he's on camera is testament enough to that.

Lappin is absolutely crucial. So many other sides that try to compete just don't have the coaching structure and support in place. Lucky to have him playing his role!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Nigel Lappin Appreciation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back