Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With rumours of huge offers coming for Harley Reid, I thought briefly about who could afford him and who had the capital to trade for him.
The answer (to me) is Richmond.

They give up Liam Baker, this years first (likely pick 1 or 2), and next years 1st.

It's probably in the ballpark. Might be some other pick swaps etc... but it's effectively two 1sts (one top 2) and a gun player.
Richmond of course get the Dusty replacement that will keep their supporters happy.

If I'm West Coast I would also ask for Shai Bolton.
Would you swap Shai Bolton for next years first?

E.g - pick 2, Shai Bolton and Liam Baker for Harley Reid.

Would West Coast do the deal? Probably.

If I'm West Coast I'm probably adding another pick to that. Maybe swap a 3rd round pick for a 2nd rounder.
But yeh, something like that I'd do if I'm West Coast.
It's hard because Reid looks like being the best player of the next 10 years, so you want to get back something outrageous for him.

If Reid goes to Victoria, I might have to switch off any footy media. We would literally hear about nothing else.

In our 99 point thumping of West Coast, 2/3 of the highlights were showing Reid's 14 touches, and that is just at WC.

Also, interesting how different the narrative is about Reid going back to Vic after one year - compare that to JHF wanting to leave the rabble that is North after one year.

Guy is a flog and there's nothing tough about his sniper hits. Top player though, would take him in a heartbeat and back the leaders to sort him out. If Port have no leadership in the dressing room to tell him to pull his head in, goes a long way to explaining why they disappear every time the pressure's on.

Our leaders?

Might be a controversial take, but I would start the car.

I just cant see the Eagles being able to keep Reid for the entirety of his career, who has shown some signs of being home sick.

Those potential 3 players would genuinely fast track their rebuild.

I just cant see the Eagles being able to keep Reid for the entirety of his career, who has shown some signs of being home sick.

I would also. But maybe that's because we come from a loser club.

I do think that is a win-win for both clubs which you rarely see in the AFL.

I would also. But maybe that's because we come from a loser club.

I do think that is a win-win for both clubs which you rarely see in the AFL.
Lets not forget, the Eagles have probably offered Reid a similar deal to keep him, so they would know exactly where they stand with him.

An offer like that from the Tigers, would be the closest to a win-win for both Clubs.

When was that?

It'd be a long bow to state that in his match that he wasn't playing as an 18 year old that he was allowed to visit his family is a sign of homesickness.

He should have gone to Bali I guess

Could be their long game...

Draft him for a year last year, knowing Vic clubs will pay a premium this year.

The offers WCE will get this year are better than they would have received for pick 1 last year.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaeger O’Meara had what some pundits were calling the most impressive first year season ever seen; but in such a physical game there are always wildcard factors to take account of.

Jaeger never recovered from those injuries or hit the heights again

No certainties when it comes to these things

Sad news for former young West Adelaide mid...

Collingwood youngster Josh Carmichael faces a nervous wait on his playing future, as he prepares to meet with the independent concussion panel.

Carmichael copped a knock playing for the Pies' VFL side in May.

He has been struggling ever since with ongoing effects of that concussion, placed on the club's injury list with delayed symptoms of the knock.

Could be their long game...

Draft him for a year last year, knowing Vic clubs will pay a premium this year.

The offers WCE will get this year are better than they would have received for pick 1 last year.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Exactly, pretty much a can't lose situation; either he stays and they have a superstar or he leaves and they get an insane bounty. West Coast have seen both ends of that with the Judd trade to Carlton and them giving up the farm for Kelly. In both cases, the team receiving the bounty won a flag (in time) and the team receiving the player is yet to win one.

If he wants to go home, especially before his contract is up, their stipulation should be 'ok but we're trading you home to Melbourne, not to your ideal destination' which is more than fair. Then let the bidding war begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back