Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

He's worth a mid to late 1st rounder... but he's not 2x 1st value.

I agree, that's why I think Carlton are most probably the likely place he'll end up.

Pick 11 that they currently hold is most probably around the apex of what he's worth, especially with this draft.

They can talk all they want about two first rounders etc but at the end of the day he's only worth what other clubs are prepared to pay.

He's worth a mid to late 1st rounder... but he's not 2x 1st value.

Its an interesting one. Carlton, Collingwood and Western Bulldogs are his preferred destinations. I think Port will be itching to get a first rounder this year for Houston so they can send their future first to Gold Coast. I dont think its going to happen. Neither the Western Bulldogs or Collingwood have a first rounder this year. Only Carlton does and maybe they will be willing to part with pick 11 for Houston as an all in to get a premiership. North Melbourne is Ports preference outside of those named but they will probably only give pick 22.

But there is no way he gets two first rounders. My prediction is its really going to end up as a straight swap 3 way trade maybe with some steak knife pick swaps of later in the draft included.

I agree, that's why I think Carlton are most probably the likely place he'll end up.

Pick 11 that they currently hold is most probably around the apex of what he's worth, especially with this draft.

They can talk all they want about two first rounders etc but at the end of the day he's only worth what other clubs are prepared to pay.
Where does pick 11 go? To the suns? Does that mean they are giving up 11 AND Houston for Lukosius?

Where does pick 11 go? To the suns? Does that mean they are giving up 11 AND Houston for Lukosius?

That pick will go to Port and Port will trade their 2025 first to Suns for Luko.

Well that's my prediction anyway, apparently Davies has moved away from the two first round picks for Houston and it's now, "we'll get what we can for him".

Let's be honest two firsts for Houston was always fantasy land stuff, they were never getting that for him.

I just happened to log onto Kayo and there's apparently a Betts-Houli cup? Admittedly I've been away from the news for a while but I'd never heard of it. Apparently it's a match between Betts' Indigenous academy, and Houli's Muslim academy?

Maybe we should be focusing on some Muslim recruits because they're up 81-14 at the moment.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane’s pretty good on Sunday footy show and SEN.
Seems to be a common complaint. He's a good enough analyst that he shouldn't need to resort to gutter clickbait, but he damn well does.

Seems to be a common complaint. He's a good enough analyst that he shouldn't need to resort to gutter clickbait, but he damn well does.
That's the Hutchy Network way though.

I actually think he's alright most of the time, but he knows the 2024 media industry, being balanced doesn't get clicks

I wonder if Kane - who's always had an inferiority complex - felt he had to do the Murdoch outrage thing just to get noticed, and now that he has been, will calm down and actually use his knowledge to become a great commentator.

Dale Thomas called Kane a complete ****wit at a grand final luncheon today, he’s my new favourite footy person
Showtime Good Point GIF by Billions

I just happened to log onto Kayo and there's apparently a Betts-Houli cup? Admittedly I've been away from the news for a while but I'd never heard of it. Apparently it's a match between Betts' Indigenous academy, and Houli's Muslim academy?

Maybe we should be focusing on some Muslim recruits because they're up 81-14 at the moment.

Final score 100-14. Bring on the Muslim recruits!

Edit: Oh shit, I misunderstood, there's still another quarter to go!

I wonder if Kane - who's always had an inferiority complex - felt he had to do the Murdoch outrage thing just to get noticed, and now that he has been, will calm down and actually use his knowledge to become a great commentator.
People should listen to his chat with howie on the howie games podcast, I reckon quite a few would change their opinion on him.

I can't believe Carlton would pay 11 for dan... Imho that is a gibbs level mistake. Dan doesn't even play in a position of need for Carlton and honestly doesn't really offer them anything. They got a few players already that plays the role.
Can't agree with this he's probably the most damaging by foot by his position in the AFL, not to mention a 2 time AA, he's worth that or similar with 2 years on his Powa contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back