Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

It's pretty obvious why we do it. We do it because we want to create a news item in and of itself. It's part of the strategy to increase international interest in our event.
Does it though?

Those musical acts are doing concerts all the time, all over the world. A brief appearance at a sporting event isn't news

The AFL really don't give a shit about pleasing or entertaining who's there or those who will watch regardless, as they love the game.

They care about a known name that will maybe pull the interest of those not that into football or gain overseas interest/coverage, so they can attract them in, hope to hook them on the line of the game itself and gain new followers.

This is it exactly.

The AFL already have the footy tragics locked and loaded, they don't need to promote to that market because they already have it.

The pre-game stuff is not for them, it's to try and attract eyes to the product that may not normally be there.

You only have to look at how much money the EPL, NFL,NBA etc makes from overseas markets to see why the AFL would be keen to be try and generate some publicity for the game overseas.

This is it exactly.

The AFL already have the footy tragics locked and loaded, they don't need to promote to that market because they already have it.

The pre-game stuff is not for them, it's to try and attract eyes to the product that may not normally be there.

You only have to look at how much money the EPL, NFL,NBA etc makes from overseas markets to see why the AFL would be keen to be try and generate some publicity for the game overseas.
I think this tinpot league would look pretty amateurish to some international audiences.

"why are the rules so inconsistent?"

"do they call it arc because the technology was invented around the time of noahs ark?"

"You have to ask players for permission to trade them?"

This is it exactly.

Same reason Gold Coast and GWS were created while everyone was asking why and wtf..

Trying to tap into large population, low interest areas and pray in the future it pays off for them.

It seems nowadays people are never happy.

I thought the same thing when I saw people complaining online about it.

I'm not really a Katy Perry fan, however I think she was good yesterday.

I think the AFL have had three good years in a row with Robbie, Kiss and Katy.

This is it exactly.

Genuine question:-

Does the FA Cup final or champions league final have any pre game entertainment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now, back to footy.....
After watching the replay of the GF, I'd suggest what the Lions did to Sydney was exactly what Nicks was trying to implement in to our game plan in the first month of the season. Which obviously failed spectacularly. We didn't have the midfield or the running defenders who are elite kicks to execute it, compounded by not having the forward connection required when going inside 50, which resulted in the bombing it in long and then watching it rebound out at breakneck speed.

Not worthy of headlining the biggest sporting event of the year. Look, I'm happy to go with nothing, but if you're going to have someone playing music, then they need to measure up. No current Aussie act comes close.
Katy Perry isn't "current" either...

He's not wrong though, they're a blip on the radar outside of our shores.

As good as they are.
I don't even like Tame Impala but that's simply wrong. His last 2 albums have hit the top 5 in the US, UK, and various European countries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back