Opinion Non-Crows AFL 6: This Is Getting Cruel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for the Crows to respond to Port's jumper.

This should be the jumper we rock up in to Port's Showdown in R3.

I just love the smug look of Smart here.

feb4091fa9a5e03da4f17a9c23a7000f
Great they used Thommo for this too..

Thommo being a mad keen powa supporter growing up.

Bit of subliminal taking of the piss..

Completely happy to play in our jumper, but they would struggle to now complain if we wanted to play in our heritage being born out of the SANFL.
Yep. Rotate through all the SANFL guernseys

Completely happy to play in our jumper, but they would struggle to now complain if we wanted to play in our heritage being born out of the SANFL.
Oh, they would complain like there is no tomorrow!

Indeed they would. I forgot they complain about anything and need no justification to whinge and moan!
Their they exist for premierships, should really be changed to they exist to be torn apart & complain everyone is against them.

Time for the Crows to respond to Port's jumper.

This should be the jumper we rock up in to Port's Showdown in R3.

I just love the smug look of Smart here.

feb4091fa9a5e03da4f17a9c23a7000f
We really stuffed up trying to sell the right to have your name on the jumper

we had permission to use it without that detail, which gave the opening for permission to be removed once the inevitable wringing came from the other side

even so it’s still ridiculous permission was granted then removed after allowing us to publicly announce it (they could have just said to can the sale of names on it)

Their players have an affection for the bars

Our players wouldn’t give a shit about the state jumper, or any SANFL clubs

Any suggestion we should wear a different jumper for showdowns are stupid by stupid people

Beat them in their little striped pyjamas wearing the hoops. That’s all we need.

We don't expect you to understand heritage little fella 😊
Well I bloody well do!
Your heritage stopped when you agreed to all the terms of gaining an AFL licence. You agreed to a name change, a colour change and a emblem change (magpies to power). You agreed to these things. Your heritage of all those old things ended with your voluntary acceptance of these new commitments.

And now you come in here to pick a fight. It's such a shame you have such shallow level of thought about this. Real low level understanding of what you call heritage.

Since the beginning of Australian rules football, we South Australians have been the poor relations of the Victorians. As unpleasant it is to say it, they've always had the higher prestige, money, player numbers and the great majority of star players. It might just be weight of numbers being their advantage but irrespective of why they've had it over us, they have...and we hate that...and them if they raise it. Remember the term "kick a Vic"? I do and most SA footy fans do as well.

The big picture here that you've completely missed is the true heritage of our showdown. It's taken years in Victoria to be appreciated as a rivalry of immense passion. You may not realise that showdowns have traditionally been given no television priority whatsoever in Melbourne. "Just another game between interstate clubs" is all Victoria thought about our SA showpiece. But over recent years there has been great progress in a wider viewership. Enough time has passed in showdown history and enough people have noticed how much of a fixture highlight these games are. Our showdowns are more widely reported over here and even featured in news bulletins etc. We've made great progress in the football public perception of SA footy.

By crapping on about your old glory days reverses this perception and relegates the game back to a suburban rivalry between two teams in a football outpost. Forget the prison bar jumper and give it an honoured position in a museum. History and tradition is fine, but living in the past is very limiting on one's ability to move forward.

For the sake of SA football, consider the heritage and future significance of our showdowns. That's the future highlight of SA football.

The Adelaide football club at AFL level has never once played against the the Port Magpies. We have zero heritage with the old jumper or that team and at AFL level, neither have you.

It might take a big man to understand and admit he got it wrong. All praise to those capable of this.

But I'm not expecting much from a little fella thinker...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changing home jumpers is for clubs struggling with their identity.
Let them have it, smash them on the field, then hopefully they feel embarrassed to wear it again and the die hards turn against them wearing it.
Let them tear themselves apart from the inside.

Last edited:
They had them ready in the rooms to change into and sing the song after the Dawson Showdown if that's the one you mean.
1678571968911.gif Hahaha jeeeeeez that must have really hurt.

Not like Port or Port supporters to get so far ahead of themselves that they can watch their own arse disappear over the horizon.

Well I bloody well do!
Your heritage stopped when you agreed to all the terms of gaining an AFL licence. You agreed to a name change, a colour change and a emblem change (magpies to power). You agreed to these things. Your heritage of all those old things ended with your voluntary acceptance of these new commitments.

And now you come in here to pick a fight. It's such a shame you have such shallow level of thought about this. Real low level understanding of what you call heritage.

Since the beginning of Australian rules football, we South Australians have been the poor relations of the Victorians. As unpleasant it is to say it, they've always had the higher prestige, money, player numbers and the great majority of star players. It might just be weight of numbers being their advantage but irrespective of why they've had it over us, they have...and we hate that...and them if they raise it. Remember the term "kick a Vic"? I do and most SA footy fans do as well.

The big picture here that you've completely missed is the true heritage of our showdown. It's taken years in Victoria to be appreciated as a rivalry of immense passion. You may not realise that showdowns have traditionally been given no television priority whatsoever in Melbourne. "Just another game between interstate clubs" is all Victoria thought about our SA showpiece. But over recent years there has been great progress in a wider viewership. Enough time has passed in showdown history and enough people have noticed how much of a fixture highlight these games are. Our showdowns are more widely reported over here and even featured in news bulletins etc. We've made great progress in the football public perception of SA footy.

By crapping on about your old glory days reverses this perception and relegates the game back to a suburban rivalry between two teams in a football outpost. Forget the prison bar jumper and give it an honoured position in a museum. History and tradition is fine, but living in the past is very limiting on one's ability to move forward.

For the sake of SA football, consider the heritage and future significance of our showdowns. That's the future highlight of SA football.

The Adelaide football club at AFL level has never once played against the the Port Magpies. We have zero heritage with the old jumper or that team and at AFL level, neither have you.

It might take a big man to understand and admit he got it wrong. All praise to those capable of this.

But I'm not expecting much from a little fella thinker...

Yeah they care so much about heritage, which is why they no longer wear the guernsey from their one and only premiership

And the ongoing BS that they’re “prison bars” to support their delusion that they’re bad-ass outlaws, when everyone knows the design represents wharf pylons 😑😄

Interesting that all the expert predictions this year don’t even have Port in the top eight, let alone winning the flag

But I’m sure those predictions will be revised now that they get to wear their old guernsey once…

Oh, they would complain like there is no tomorrow!
They did.
It's hilarious to me seeing all the Port posters on social media suggesting that no-one should be interested in what any other team wears. Yet when we suggested the State guernsey it was Port players and staff members who went out of their way to try and drum up protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back